Custom Glovesmith

Goliathxero

Extra Hitter
What's the biggest difference between the three series of customs (select, elite, and usa)? They mention differences like "bend cut" and "variable split shell" but I'm not sure what that means. I assume it has to do with how they are assembled. Is there a big difference in leather quality? They all say they are made of native steer hide.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I really like the two patterns I've tried. Over all they fit my hands better then most Rawlings patterns I've tried... but then I've also shortened the button lap on both.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got the email that mine has shipped. 13", but closed back. Pics once I get it.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I now have doubts that my 13 was built as strong as my 1225usa. My 13 in weighs 22.14ozs and my 1225USA weighs 23.2oz. The lace hole on the middle bar of the Web has ripped to the inside stiching. I don't know if this was a different type of leather plus they didn't use extra stiff padding or inserts like I asked for, maybe this pattern can't have very much padding like the 1225

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
They have different padding stiffnesses, but they all weigh about the same. I think leather weight is the biggest factor. Leather tore? What happened? Playing catch? A mallet?

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I was using a mallet and the hole in the middle bar ripped to the front side over the web. I'm gonna call Monday and see if I can get a replacement bar or just order a new one.

MaverickAH

Everyone doesn't play the same volume of games. What qualifies as half a season is different for everybody. If someone plays OF only one day a week, I'd expect their glove to be in that shape.

What if we add field & climate conditions to the equation?
Dirt?
Artificial turf?
Temp?
Humidity?
Glove care?
Without knowing these factors it'd be a big presumption to call someone a, "bench player".

stlsnappers

Albino Electrician
I am a dealer for Glovesmith. If anyone is interested in ordering a custom through me I can save ya a few bucks.

Monketah

Manager
Camoninja and Rous,

What made you go with a 13" custom model over the 13.5" Glovesmith offers? Do you plan to use the glove in the outfield?

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I used mine in the outfield. I wanted an open back and most 13.5 gloves feel bulky to me. Heck I also use my 12.25 in the outfield.

bupton

If anyone has or knows somebody with, a Glovesmith 12.75"-13" fastback, blonde, trapeze, glove. Please contact me! My dad used to have one when I was growing up and I'm searching the ends of the internet before I decide to order a custom.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
If anyone has or knows somebody with, a Glovesmith 12.75"-13" fastback, blonde, trapeze, glove. Please contact me! My dad used to have one when I was growing up and I'm searching the ends of the internet before I decide to order a custom.
Honestly, if you have the means, go custom. It'll be done in about a month. The USA customs are very nice. However, the resale value is absolute crap (but the sentimental value for you and your dad will only increase).

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
And I think they now have blonde leather for the USA customs (may have to call to ask).

Both the 13" closed back pattern (softball) and the 12.75" closed back pattern (baseball) are very nice.

Last edited:

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
fastback with a finger pad. interesting choice. don't think i've seen that before with the laced finger hole

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
fastback with a finger pad. interesting choice. don't think i've seen that before with the laced finger hole
Me either, in fact I'm sure I've never seen it before. Glove looks to be built like a tank! I really like the color, the leather logos, and the palm stamping. Not seeing too many Glovesmith's these days...

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice!!! A little bird once told me that pattern is based off the RBG36, perhaps the #1 glove of all time in terms of sales.

s-l300.jpg

Looks like your's is my gloves little brother!

yDdLRp8.jpg

Leatherman

Nice!!! A little bird once told me that pattern is based off the RBG36, perhaps the #1 glove of all time in terms of sales.

Hey Rous, were all RBG36 models the same size? I had the tan Dale Murphy version and loved it, but can't remember what size it was.