Daughter has made her college choice!

srf1021

Addicted to Softballfans
She will be playing ball while majoring in Criminal Justice!

Met alot of great people on this board along the way; Proud papa today :):biggthumpup:

morat1959

Congrats! I know she has put in many hours of hard work to get there. I hope she has a great college experience in the classroom and on the field.

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
That is awesome!! Congratulations to her and your family. That is a big accomplishment.... Dont want to sound like a downer, but why the criminal justice major??

Moneytree

Addicted to Softballfans
Congratulations to her on her amazing accomplishment and I wish her all the best in the future!

Gary

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Why criminal justice?
She wants to be a k9 officer.

I understand the part about wanting to be a K9 officer, but speaking from the law enforcement prospective, the criminal justice degree might just be a waste if the law enforcement career turns out to not be for her or if something terrible happens on the job no longer allowing her to perform the job. If dead set on it, then go for it, but if she loves something else, maybe pursue that degree. Just good for thought.

grubd

Banned User
You can get a job in law enforcement with any degree. Sounds like she is basing her choice off of loving dogs. I would try to steer her to something more substantial.

srf1021

Addicted to Softballfans
No she wants to be a police officer and being able to work with a k9 would be gravy.

Thanks for the kind words and for those of you who feel the need to be negative, your opinion is just that and will not change her mind.

She's 17 and may change her mind but we will be here and continue to support her every step of the way.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Friend of mine used to be the K9 cop here. Now he is doing contract work in the middle east working with dogs for bomb sniffing and the like. He is making pretty good money, but still it is the middle east. Will be happy when he returns safe. Not my first choice, but he digs it.

Hookem74

Addicted to Softballfans
No she wants to be a police officer and being able to work with a k9 would be gravy.

Thanks for the kind words and for those of you who feel the need to be negative, your opinion is just that and will not change her mind.

She's 17 and may change her mind but we will be here and continue to support her every step of the way.

Congratz! Best of luck to her future, good to see someone following their dreams!

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans

Good for her. With a college degree it opens up her choices as to what and where she wants to go. She wont get rich but she will enjoy it. We need more of our younger generation to step up and be LEO's. It takes a certain dedication to step up to the task. 16 years as a LEO in texas and I havent regreted it once. It is a fun, sad and stressful job but all worth it in the end.

VPD#9

23152cvc "NOT GTG"
which college did she decide to attend???
an AJ/CJ degree is GTG

congratulations!!!!:thumb:

cwestwjg

Addicted to Softballfans

DD wants to play ball go to college and be a hair dresser and makeup artist lol. I say let them be what they want and have fun doing it.

Hopefully she is coming down south so she can hit those homers outdoors instead of inside a dome!!