0602151652a.jpg

After:
0609151543a.jpg

0609151543b.jpg

0609151543d.jpg

0609151544.jpg

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans

I hope this comes out like I intend it to. I mean no disrespect because I had the this same thing happen. Is it normal for colored lace (the blue here) to fray or fuzz on the edges like that? The blue and some orange I've gotten do this and I just wanted to make this is normal. It doesn't look the other colors are doing this.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I hope this comes out like I intend it to. I mean no disrespect because I had the this same thing happen. Is it normal for colored lace (the blue here) to fray or fuzz on the edges like that? The blue and some orange I've gotten do this and I just wanted to make this is normal. It doesn't look the other colors are doing this.

Some colors do fray easier in my experience. Some I can attribute to the number of times it is pulled through holes while lacing. The little MacGregor web was deceptively tricky!

David the Gnome

The Veteran
The yellow Glovesmith stuff is especially fuzzy as well. I think it just depends on the lace. The yellow lace from Wilson doesn't seem to be as fuzzy but it only comes in 3/16". I think all lace does it but it's just not as noticeable on the tan/black colored laces.

Glovesmith yellow:

ncgrgp.jpg

Wilson yellow:

dma628.jpg

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree it depends on the amount holes it's pulled through but there isn't a way to prevent going through say every hole in a heel? Pure curiousity and conversation here. I recently did a glove in blue from fast pitch gloves and wasn't satisfied with how the lace finished. Orange also didn't seem to finish or hold up real well. I do realize every one recommends 1/4" lace for fingers and web, I opted for 3/16" in them since the Orange 1/4" was out of stock at the time and it was my personal glove. The 3/16" in the fingers stretched mightly and looks terrible now.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I agree it depends on the amount holes it's pulled through but there isn't a way to prevent going through say every hole in a heel? Pure curiousity and conversation here. I recently did a glove in blue from fast pitch gloves and wasn't satisfied with how the lace finished. Orange also didn't seem to finish or hold up real well. I do realize every one recommends 1/4" lace for fingers and web, I opted for 3/16" in them since the Orange 1/4" was out of stock at the time and it was my personal glove. The 3/16" in the fingers stretched mightly and looks terrible now.

AFAIK, the only way to lace the palm or heel is to pull the lace all the way through, which, with some colors, would lead to more fuzziness.

To minimize this on some webs (H, single posts, baskets, etc.), I evenly divide the lace at the top bar, and work my way down on each side. This way, each side of lace is pulled though an equal number of holes.

If you want lace that does not get fuzzy, use tan!

I, too, recommend 1/4" in the fingers and web, 3/16" everywhere else. Never use 1/4" in the thumb/pinky or heel/palm. Rarely, and do I mean rarely, use 3/16" in the web and fingers (mostly older gloves).

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Fantastic color choices and web idea. This was one of the more satisfying web swaps I've done. Sorry our idea didn't work out!

Jomatty

Starting Player
How do you like the leather on the gamer? Definitely a good looking glove! I remember you or someone saying they had a theory that it was similar/same leather as hoh, with less expensive internals. Any update on that? I've got a plum 12xtcp gamer that I like ok. It is heavily oil treated leather that definitely doesn't stack up with my hoh's, but it is an older glove.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
After using the Gamer, I can tell that the leather is thinner than a HoH would be. It is holding its own though.

Thanks bigmac25. I enjoy seeing other people happy!

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
A3000 G4 - fixing a few issues from another relacer. The owner has hadInteresting that this "EXO" didn't have the rubber portions typically associated with the A3000s.

Before:

0625152038c.jpg

0625152039.jpg

0625152039a.jpg

After:

0627151008.jpg

0627151008a.jpg

0627151008b.jpg

0627151008c.jpg

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO303-6JBT - this has already seen a little customization, and now it has a cleaner look and new stiff plastic inserts. Can you spot the subtle changes?

Before:

0625152037.jpg

0625152037c.jpg

0625152038a.jpg

0625152038b.jpg

After:

0627150909.jpg

0627150909b.jpg

0627150909a.jpg

0627150909c.jpg

0627150909d.jpg