DC41 RI vs Ressy Legit BP

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
Decided to make a new BP video to compare these two bats. I've been loving the DC41 RI all season and have barely swung the Legit. I purchased the Legit because they were $99 and never really gave it much use since it felt similar to the DC already.

The results were way closer than I expected considering in the few BP sessions I have hit both bats, I found that the DC was better than the Legit.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCPldyrRwg[/ame]

Fields are about 325' with 16' back fences. I started on Mission 5 which faces east. There was a slight breeze, barely enough to rustle leaves, but the microphone on the camera (Canon SL1) picked it up bad. I decided to move to Mission 6 which faces south to rule out the wind assisting my hits. Balls were a mix of grey dots, hot dots, NSA 44 cores and evil BP's.

Map: https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.8386804,-119.477143,369m/data=!3m1!1e3

Verdict:

I was surprised how similar the two bats sounded in the video. I would have a hard time saying one bat is really much different from the other based on how they feel through the zone and performance.

Originally, I found that there was less feel on contact with the DC41 compared to the Legit, but that seemed to vary by the type of ball hit.

I think the DC opened up faster than the legit, hence why it had more hits on it at the time of the BP session.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick up either bat honestly. I would say that the DC at $199 (CAD) is a great purchase, but for $99 (CAD) that legit was an absolute steal.

I also noticed that compared to many of the other BP vids posted here, i hold my bat way flatter during my windup. A lot of guys seem to hold the bat almost standing straight up.

Last edited:

Hiltz

Built for comfort
1:25 - LMFAO!

The fields around here are like that, why would anyone put a parking lot right behind the fence?

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
1:25 - LMFAO!

The fields around here are like that, why would anyone put a parking lot right behind the fence?

I edited out between hits to shorten the video but in the unedited clip, that truck pulls up, backs in, I hit one ball to their right, then I hit the white vehicle 2 over from it on the next hit, they get out, throw two balls back and leave. Later on, people walking by while I was hitting tossed balls back and one other person tossed one back when I was picking them up. Honestly I wish I stayed at that field because when I switched to the other, I lost 4-5 balls in the tall grass beyond the fence.

Last edited:

Dupe19

Addicted to Softballfans
Was it the HR Sports sale that dropped the Legits to $99 CAD? I think I saw that sale but I was too late and they were all sold out. I bought a couple other bats from them when they hit $99 CAD and even getting them shipped to Texas ended up being less than $99 per bat as long as I bought two or more. The freight cost for one was $25 and the freight cost for two was $30.

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
The DC was $199 CAD from HR sports and the Legit was $99 from National. Total impulse buy, but totally worth it.