Death at the field

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
Saw a guy get killed playing 3B. He dove for a ball, it took a ridiculously weird hop and hit him in the side of the head causing him to start to seizure. We believed he was still alive when paramedics arrived and took him to the hospital, but later learned he had passed before getting there. Most surreal thing I've ever been a part of playing ball, and something I hope I never have to experience again.

Apoc13

getting too old for this
i hate hearing this stuff....i was coaching 3rd the other day and a teammate was coming in as a throw from firstbase was on the way...i yelled here it comes but he still got clocked right square in the side of the head...i almost crapped my pants.....he was fine but it's stories like these that scared the hell out of me at the time

Lwa42

Saw a guy get killed playing 3B. He dove for a ball, it took a ridiculously weird hop and hit him in the side of the head causing him to start to seizure. We believed he was still alive when paramedics arrived and took him to the hospital, but later learned he had passed before getting there. Most surreal thing I've ever been a part of playing ball, and something I hope I never have to experience again.

Where was this at? If they have a benefit tourny or something, hit me up. I will try to get some teams to go play in it.

JDOG120

Addicted to Softballfans
Very sorry to hear that,and that u had to see that....prayers to the family and friends.

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
Where was this at? If they have a benefit tourny or something, hit me up. I will try to get some teams to go play in it.

It was at the Sportsplex in Huntsville. I don't know a lot in the way of details at this point, but I will see a couple of the guys that play on that team tomorrow night and will update this if I hear anything about any sort of benefit.

I overheard that his wife and child typically come to watch him play, but were not there to see this happen. My wife usually comes to my games, and I hope for her sake that if something like that were to happen to me that she not be there. I'd hate to have her live with that image.

I've heard it said before by posters witnessing a death on the field about how small it makes the game feel from that point on, and after bearing witness to this I can say I wholeheartedly agree. It definitely puts things in perspective.

I'll pass along all of the support and prayers, and let you guys know when I know more.

Lwa42

It was at the Sportsplex in Huntsville. I don't know a lot in the way of details at this point, but I will see a couple of the guys that play on that team tomorrow night and will update this if I hear anything about any sort of benefit.

I overheard that his wife and child typically come to watch him play, but were not there to see this happen. My wife usually comes to my games, and I hope for her sake that if something like that were to happen to me that she not be there. I'd hate to have her live with that image.

I've heard it said before by posters witnessing a death on the field about how small it makes the game feel from that point on, and after bearing witness to this I can say I wholeheartedly agree. It definitely puts things in perspective.

I'll pass along all of the support and prayers, and let you guys know when I know more.

I didn't expect you to know much at this point but i was just letting you know that if something happens, i will try to help out some. BTW, I will be praying you you, the family, and friends.

mattgame

Manager
This is scary news for me as I have never heard of anyone being killed in softball. God bless him, his family, his team, you and your team.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Thoughts and prayers, god hope it wasn't with the new utrip ball, or because of a field that wasn't dragged....

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Horrible horrible news. It really puts life into perspective. Life is so very fragile. Like Bradley Nowell sang "life is too short so love the one you got....."

shanepust

Star Player
That is the weird thing about life having fun and loving life one minute.............. then before you know it your gone............ I send my condolences to his family and his friends.

jdbaker82

Addicted to Softballfans
sorry to hear this i hope the bat that ball came off wasnt shaved but this is the reason they need to do something about shaved bats