Delimma

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
I had heard from a number of people on here that the J2U is a really good bat, at the time I had a first batch juggy that was just unbelievable. I got 2 J2's, I put one up in the closet and hit the other. The bat was ok, certainly not up to my Juggy, but I had heard that they take about 1000 swings to get really good. Well about the time the bat was nearing 1000 swings (it was starting to really hit well) something inside busted. There were pieces of something rattling around and a few swings afterward--- sharktoothed. What is the opinion on the board, should I BP the one I have in the closet or should I sale it and buy a CL22? Did I get a bad one? Will the J2 open up and be the bat everyone on here claims that they are? BP is not a problem I hit at least 1 day every week, new and old stamps are not a problem we mostly play ISA. I like the stadiums, I have an OG but it has a ton of swings on it and I fear for its life everytime I swing it. I had a Stadium 2 but like the J2 when it got real good it shark toothed. I am leaning toward keeping the J2 because supposedly you could BP these bats, as well has hit them in games. I am pretty sure that the new stadium would be hit it a few times and game only it. Thanks for any help.

TRaj2327

The CL22 is an awesome stick for sure and would be a great bat for any association you can swing it in.

I'd say that your first J2U broke a bit prematurely, and with good balls and no stamp restrictions, I'd keep swinging it at the price you'd get for it if you sold it. Don't hesitate to swing that OG Stadium either. They're great as well and when they are about to pop, they are plain silly.

I have two J2U's that have quite a few swings on them and are still going strong.
One with tons of webbing and a big rattle with around 1500 swings. This one has webbing so bad that it is flaking paint through the sweet spot. I've put about 700-800 swings on this one with just 44/400's.
Another with light webbing, a small rattle, and probably 600 swings, mixed balls. Still has a little different sound than the other one and a little shorter on distance.

My buddies keep telling me to put them away but they are just too fun and history shows they are tanks.