Demarini Legend2

JPG

Lefty
7179241051_cfca40879a_b.jpg

The Legend 2 - Still waiting.

ck1

The Madness
Legacy is nowhere close to a Legend. Legend was much more balanced, very soft barrel. That said it's the only option available remotely close.

I've owned both a Future and a Legacy. Same bat except for the Future comes in half oz weights. I even measured the balance points, nearly identical.

TRaj2327

Some people just haven't been around long enough. JPG has been occaisionally posting that image basically since when the Legends ran out. It's a homemade mockup.

JMS

Softball Eh?!
I would love to see a bat with a real endload like 2-3 oz in the cap. Even the 26oz should feel like a sledgehammer!!!! Oh and a soft legend/rd type barrel but aluminum handle!!!

MPT23

Putting on the foil
The j3u was completely different than the j2u. That thing had a lot more EL than the j2u.

Completely agree, all I was saying was that was what we got from the whole " We need a new stamp j2u campaign " on here a few years back.

TRaj2327

And the barrel felt like doo-doo compared to the j2u. Here is a truth bomb for many of you guys that think the J3u performs horribly. I BP'd my J3u over the winter at the local cages that have a radar gun, and it was only SLIGHTLY behind my CL22. By slightly I mean that I get almost 100 mph ball speed with my CL22's and got the J3u up to 94-96. I still firmly believe that the bat performs pretty dang well, and it just had a horrible feel that turns people off. For many of the DeMarini diehards, it was terrible and not what we were expecting. We bought an all composite bat and didn't get the feel that we were used to in the RD28 and the Juggys. Give it time. I think something will be back sooner rather than later.

JPG

Lefty
All my legends always got called out and hung up on fences for being to hot. When people cry about your bat you know its flame on and this Legend bat was flame on but not for everyone. Then again every bat is nasty hot when broken in right. I could also say the legend was not for everyone. some people didn't like the soft feel and some people hit to hard for this bat and would break it in under 50 swings. This bat was great in my hands. I loved it and it took me a good while to find my new stick after the new stamps came up. I am now swinging Miken sticks and have found my new true love.

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
And the barrel felt like doo-doo compared to the j2u. Here is a truth bomb for many of you guys that think the J3u performs horribly. I BP'd my J3u over the winter at the local cages that have a radar gun, and it was only SLIGHTLY behind my CL22. By slightly I mean that I get almost 100 mph ball speed with my CL22's and got the J3u up to 94-96. I still firmly believe that the bat performs pretty dang well, and it just had a horrible feel that turns people off. For many of the DeMarini diehards, it was terrible and not what we were expecting. We bought an all composite bat and didn't get the feel that we were used to in the RD28 and the Juggys. Give it time. I think something will be back sooner rather than later.

The difference between 4-6 mph bbs is roughly 20-30 ft in distance. That's a pretty big difference in my book and I'm willing to bet that most people do not put in the work that you do or swing as hard as you do. Therefore the bat would be a dud in their minds.

TRaj2327

Even less of a dud I'd think for a lesser ball player. The difference should be based on a percentage and not a flat number. For me to have a difference of 4-6% would translate to even less MPH difference for a slower swing. The difference would be even less noticeable.

I'm not sure about that distance estimate. You may or may not be right. I'm not very well versed in that.

Joker

it wasn't the performance that made me hate the j3u, its the weighting and feel. it just felt like a log and was too endloaded

take a cl22 barrel and put a juggy handle on it, i'll be happy

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian

That small percentage could also have to do with how the different swing weights affected your swing mechanics. I liked the extra end load of the J3u cause I think it helps make up for some lack of bat speed in my case.

it wasn't the performance that made me hate the j3u, its the weighting and feel. it just felt like a log and was too endloaded

take a cl22 barrel and put a juggy handle on it, i'll be happy

This is the biggest thing I think is that it just didn't feel/sound good on contact. Ball went every bit as far though. Meh on the Juggy handle though, swap a 4.1 handle for every aluminum handle in the lineup, then you're cooking with gas.

JPG

Lefty
The j3 did not feel good in my hands and did not give great feed back when hitting the ball. It felt like there was 8 walls inside it.

Darracq

The farthest ball I have ever hit was with the j2u was well over 400 feet, It was wet out and left a hole where it hit, It broke right at 11oo swings. once it got the crack going around the barrel it was crazy hot, my buddies was the same way, He got a j3u we put a couple thousand swings on it, It did kill the ball when you hit it perfect but seemed very unforgiving, thing never did break before he sold it.