Demarini Malice

Krush411

Manager
I got the malice in 26.5 and it feels super balanced, in fact, my other bats on a table test tip over way before it does, even the balanced ones. Feels like lots of the weight is toward the handle. I actually like this feel better than end loaded. I'm thinking maybe its because I got the lightest one, the 26.5. Can anyone with a 27.5 oz malice tell me if it feels super balanced as well? Thanks

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
EA said it's like the Cartel with more endload. My Cartel was super balanced. Hopefully it's just in the lighter weights because that was the only thing I didn't like about the Cartel.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
All I hear is conflicting info. Malice has a nice EL feel, Malice is balanced. I literally want to throttle DeMarini as a company for the horrible lack of description/specs in EVERY bat, mainline or exclusive.

I prefer heavy EL (1, 1.5oz). I hear TONS of love for the Newbreed (but hear balanced to slight EL), the KTR (Again, supposed to have more EL than Newbreed but hear feedback of it being balanced or just slight EL), Malice, which now have heard VERY balanced, I mean even
Dale Brungardt doesn't give any specifics on how much EL is on his bat when he was interviewed by Bogey. It is frustrating. I feel like the only way I can get the EL I want it buying a Vision, and getting the 26/27 and 28 kits and adjusting to the best sledgehammer-like EL but the KTR and Malice look pretty cool imo and wish they weren't little punk ELs LOL!!!

bird25

34/30 Club #25
All I hear is conflicting info. Malice has a nice EL feel, Malice is balanced. I literally want to throttle DeMarini as a company for the horrible lack of description/specs in EVERY bat, mainline or exclusive.

I prefer heavy EL (1, 1.5oz). I hear TONS of love for the Newbreed (but hear balanced to slight EL), the KTR (Again, supposed to have more EL than Newbreed but hear feedback of it being balanced or just slight EL), Malice, which now have heard VERY balanced, I mean even
Dale Brungardt doesn't give any specifics on how much EL is on his bat when he was interviewed by Bogey. It is frustrating. I feel like the only way I can get the EL I want it buying a Vision, and getting the 26/27 and 28 kits and adjusting to the best sledgehammer-like EL but the KTR and Malice look pretty cool imo and wish they weren't little punk ELs LOL!!!

True on the Vizion, I have the 29/30 oz and with the 1.0 knob and 3.9 cap, it weighs 28.5 but swings like a beast

bird25

34/30 Club #25
You probably can but I would think the 27/28 would achieve what you are looking for. There was a chart posted around here somewhere....

bird25

34/30 Club #25
This is a post shaunt put in the vision thread. Looks like the chart got photobucketed...

You don't get to pick yet. From I'm been told is hopefully in the future (if this goes well) you will be able to order extra endcaps from Demarini.

I believe it goes like this:

26/27 0.7 and 1.5
27/28 1.5 and 2.3
28/29 2.3 and 3.1
29/30 3.1 and 3.9

All come with the 1.0 and 2.0 knobs. I'm not 100% positive on this info but pretty sure.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
EA said it's like the Cartel with more endload. My Cartel was super balanced. Hopefully it's just in the lighter weights because that was the only thing I didn't like about the Cartel.

Interesting since the Cartel was a 13" barrel, also the 29 cartel was my favorite bat since it had a heavier endload that the 30.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Get that malice talk out of the malice thread. Squirrel....

Exactly, I won't be "shackled" by productive discussions in threads made for other bats....I will ask all my questions about any bat I want right HERE!

P.S. what do you guys think about the Miken Honeybadger? hahahah j/k j/k

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
Swung another NIW Malice this morning (now the 4th different one I've hit) and i will continue to say it's the hottest out of wrapper usssa Demarini ever.

Was hitting plenty of shots even with my miken and worth gamers.

chile

Bad Ape
Swung another NIW Malice this morning (now the 4th different one I've hit) and i will continue to say it's the hottest out of wrapper usssa Demarini ever.

it's the reason i haven't really been looking for another utrip bat...i think i'm set with it and the newbreed.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans

What kinda balls being used?

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
Mix bag really. Mostly evil bp (regular and 52s) classic m, and mix of old asa balls