Demarini rejecting bats!!!

guero_juan727

<font color="#104E8B"> ALWAYS DEALING!!!</font>
I recently sold a bat to my buddy that i bought fromanother buddy with a valid receipt.
The bat cracked before the year was up. He sent in the bat and demarini rejected it. They said its not returnable since he wasnt the original purchaser (reciept was under the name of the buddy i bought it from which obviously wasnt the buddy that sent it in) and the transaction didnt go through a third party.

Have you ever heard of this?

I dont get it. If this is whats happening now then it basically means all bats (including ones with valid receipts) are sold as no returns.

What are your thoughts? Or do you guys know something i dont?

Bat in question was og aftermath

guero_juan727

Makes sense. I didn't think it would be an issue since it's never happened before. I mean, I've bought bats from board bros and returned them with no problem before.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
I've never heard of this. I've sent in w receipt w others names on it and never had an issue. Hmmmmm

Anyone else?

THESHOE

Starting Player
I've heard of this.

For us only some makers are a return direct to them here in Canada.

But I've heard retailers and makers here reject if the receipt (esp an online sale with billing/shipping info - duh) is in another name.

Like others said, you've learned the lesson on how to sell and return a used bat that was dealt off to a buddy next time.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
the warranty does state that it is non-transferrable. Maybe they started cracking down on it so they can save a little money. Just like other companies with the bar codes. Its definitely frustrating because they have never enforced it but really, they were doing us favors up to this point.

TRaj2327

At the end of the day it keeps costs down for us as well. Warranty programs have to be worked into the price to cover the costs of having one. If you are someone like me who has followed the warranty as it is written, this won't have any impact on you.

M

MJL 00

Weird just returned a crack Lawman and D's CS was awesome and got my 16 NR AM back within 2 weeks, receipt wasn't in my name cause I bought used, sounds odd???

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Couple years ago I got a return rejected. The receipt was in my name. They knew it was bs, they rejected for some illogical reason like stated above.
So I scratched off their purple paint they put on the knob. Returned it again and they sent me a bat.

FCC(SW)RET

Star Player
I called them and asked them a while back, wish I'd asked a name, but they told me that if I sold one of two bats I had bought, they'd accept a copy of my receipt if the new owner needed to return it. And I had specifically said, even if it was in my name, and the answer I was given was, it would be fine. In addition, someone else I know returned a bat that I had got for them, and the receipt was in my name, and they got their return. I'm going to have to go read that warranty now.

Last edited:

FCC(SW)RET

Star Player
So, I just called (1-800-937-2287), cause I was insanely curious. They told me, as long as it is the original receipt, and that a warranty return wasn't done on it already, it was ok that someone else was doing the return. She said, "The warranty follows the bat", just needs to be original receipt.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
So, I just called (1-800-937-2287), cause I was insanely curious. They told me, as long as it is the original receipt, and that a warranty return wasn't done on it already, it was ok that someone else was doing the return. She said, "The warranty follows the bat", just needs to be original receipt.

This sounds logical and that's the way it should be. The only problem I can see would be a different address than what's on the receipt. Would they have to send to the original owner? Whenever I bought bats for the team or someone I knew the bat came back to me and I gave them the bat so I never had an issue.

FCC(SW)RET

Star Player
This sounds logical and that's the way it should be. The only problem I can see would be a different address than what's on the receipt. Would they have to send to the original owner? Whenever I bought bats for the team or someone I knew the bat came back to me and I gave them the bat so I never had an issue.

While my experience is limited to one actual bat first hand, in which someone I sold the bat to did the return, and there were no issues. In that case, the receipt only had my name. In fact, of the dozen or so bats I have with receipts now, 90% have my name only on them. No address etc. And again, the girl I talked to yesterday told me, as long as they can verify no return was conducted with the receipt, and it is an original receipt, it doesn't matter who sends it. So don't keep your receipts in your bat bag with the bat. :)

Another thing, the bat that was returned had only been bought like 3 weeks prior to the return, so they sent the receipt back, and the exchange was a returnable bat, with warranty. I have read many stories that align with that event, and I have read stories in which more seasoned bats get a NR bat as the return, and it comes back without a receipt or a receipt marked that a return was made.

guero_juan727

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated.
the return was done right before the receipt expired. bat was taken out of the wrapper literally 3 months before it was sent in. receipt was 100% original and it wasn't a no return bat. I'm going to obtain the bat from my buddy and call Demarini myself.
Wish me luck...

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated.
the return was done right before the receipt expired. bat was taken out of the wrapper literally 3 months before it was sent in. receipt was 100% original and it wasn't a no return bat. I'm going to obtain the bat from my buddy and call Demarini myself.
Wish me luck...

I've been very happy with demarini CS. I think you should be fine.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have no problem with that being "the way it should be", but if you start assuming their warranties work like other products then you're not going to get a warranty return for a broken bat unless it appears to be an actual defect, which is what the warranty is for. Using the product until it breaks is not a defect. It's overuse.

I'm not complaining, I know I've never had a real defect to return, but we can't get too greedy with this. We're basically getting two bats for the price of one, and I can't think of any real industries that do this. The remainder of the factory warranty follows the car, but we also know what a pain getting warranty work on a car can be. If they only reject 1 out of 1000 for this reason I think we should still count ourselves pretty lucky.

I also don't give a crap what an hourly phone attendant says. They are notorious for saying anything they think you want to hear.

bigrich951

Extra Hitter
DeMarini CS takes care of you no matter what the name is on rec as long as it is valid from an authorized dealer they will grant your return!