Buyer Beware Diaz Gloves

JP667

Addicted to Softballfans
I ordered my son a glove from Diaz Gloves for a christmas present from his grandpap. It was ordered Dec 29th it showed up today. It took them 12 weeks from the order date to get the glove. After receiving the glove today the lacing color is Tan. It was ordered to be yellow. They responded to my email saying it is yellow. Maybe I am color blind, but I'm not the only one that thinks it is tan. I was also told I would be taken care of because of the delay. That must just mean you will get it eventually. Here is a picture
IMG_3124_zps56658070.jpg

Thankfully my son is 11 yr old he thinks it cool. Myself as the adult is very very disappointed. I will spend a little more next time and order from someone else.

ACDC27

Addicted to Softballfans
Could be thier version of yellow, does not look like a traditional tan to me.

JP667

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe so but all the other diaz gloves I have viewed on this site the yellow was just that bright yellow not tan. This is tan. The picture doesn't capture color exactly. Just giving everyone a heads up.

Richiebalz

Paypal sent
It looks more tan than yellow. It wouldn't be that bad if the piping and embroidery were a different color. sorry to hear about your bad experience. Maybe they can re-lace it with a diff color to take care of the customer?

ar2x7

Substance & Style
thanks for the heads up, was close to buying one on a few different occasions...

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
I've dealt with them on a number of occasions and I am having issues this time around as well. They are not responding to my inquiries at all. Would love to know what is happening with them. This is the 5th glove I've ordered from them and may be my last.

egibree

Addicted to Softballfans
I've dealt with them on a number of occasions and I am having issues this time around as well. They are not responding to my inquiries at all. Would love to know what is happening with them. This is the 5th glove I've ordered from them and may be my last.

Please pm me

Rlasalle15

Addicted to Softballfans
I have bought 3 Diaz Gloves and they have all been in perfect shape and exactly what I have ordered. As for whether that is yellow or not, that my friend is yellow. If you are going to order a glove I suggest you go through egibree to get it done. He is a solid rep and stays on top of things. Posting a Buyer beware is not the way to get this done. I am sure any custom glove company is going have its quirks, but as long as they rectify it all is good. My brother ordered a Roddy and that took almost 13 weeks to get and was a board when he got it. My diaz gloves were ready for game use within a few weeks. #HappyCustomer

This is what Tan is and as as you can see yours is not that color
Tan_Color_Block-721x591.png

Last edited:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Hhhmmmmm......looks like yellow piping and tan laces......if that is yellow lacing then what do they consider that piping color? Orange?

Or if it is really their version of yellow then why wouldn't they make a half ass attempt to have the same color piping as the lace.....that contrast in color between piping and lacing looks god awful and i'd be upset to

Rlasalle15

Addicted to Softballfans
It cleary isnt tan. I will admit they are different colors...but would also probably want to see the order slip to make sure he picked the same color yellows...could be user error or error on the part of diaz...but dont be so quick to judge without all the facts present. If its a screw up, they will fix it.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
I have bought 3 Diaz Gloves and they have all been in perfect shape and exactly what I have ordered. As for whether that is yellow or not, that my friend is yellow. If you are going to order a glove I suggest you go through egibree to get it done. He is a solid rep and stays on top of things. Posting a Buyer beware is not the way to get this done. I am sure any custom glove company is going have its quirks, but as long as they rectify it all is good. My brother ordered a Roddy and that took almost 13 weeks to get and was a board when he got it. My diaz gloves were ready for game use within a few weeks. #HappyCustomer

idiot...wtf the piping is yellow. the lacing is yellowish TAN. if it weren't for the direct contrast with the piping u could bs it off at yellow but c'mon. I wouldn't be totally satisfied but u get what u pay for

STAMBONE #31

Addicted to Softballfans

If you read all the posts in all the Diaz threads Like I did when I was looking around for a glove company you can clearly read that people have been having issues since xmas or before. He did the rite thing posting this here alot of people have not posted anything and that helps no one. Also that is not yellow not even close. You may have had a great expirence with them but latley alot of people are waiting 3 months for a glove. I do not think the rep has anything to do with this deal. It is the company it's self on this one.

egibree

Addicted to Softballfans
stambone your right i have nothing to do with this order but i am a rep for the company and try to do what i can to make sure things go smoothly. this becomes more difficult when im not recognized as the rep on orders i cant track them and make sure things run smoothly. yes the office may have dropped the ball on some orders but i have been in contact with people on here that have had to wait and they have been in one way or another been compensated for their troubles. we were busier than expected in the recent months and had an issue compensating with the demand that has since been rectified. we are a growing company and unfortunately we hit a bump in the road but to say there are tons of complaints i can honestly say thats a false statement. we make a custom product on occasion there are issues we are not a cookie cutter product. with that being said everyone is free to express their opinion but ive sold 200 plus gloves and have had a handful of issues...FACT......not opinion

ERIC GIBREE
DIAZ GLOVES

STAMBONE #31

Addicted to Softballfans
stambone your right i have nothing to do with this order but i am a rep for the company and try to do what i can to make sure things go smoothly. this becomes more difficult when im not recognized as the rep on orders i cant track them and make sure things run smoothly. yes the office may have dropped the ball on some orders but i have been in contact with people on here that have had to wait and they have been in one way or another been compensated for their troubles. we were busier than expected in the recent months and had an issue compensating with the demand that has since been rectified. we are a growing company and unfortunately we hit a bump in the road but to say there are tons of complaints i can honestly say thats a false statement. we make a custom product on occasion there are issues we are not a cookie cutter product. with that being said everyone is free to express their opinion but ive sold 200 plus gloves and have had a handful of issues...FACT......not opinion

ERIC GIBREE
DIAZ GLOVES

Never said a ton of complaints. But in all the threads I read while I was looking for a company since xmas seems ALOT not a TON of people have had issues and there are ALOT not a TON now who are not posting that are having issues. In this case BB is exactly what potential buyers should be able to see and read. DIAZ REP read my post again. I can count way more than a hand full when looking FACT. Since you are there REP then stop with the lies of you sold 200+ gloves with only 5 complaints when anyone that can read can see your company DIAZ GLOVES has waaaaay more than 5 mishaps on these forums. Forget about me go take care of the people you are taking money from for poor services.

This is what I used while considering this company while I was looking some good feedback and a TON of bad.
http://forums.softballfans.com/search.php?searchid=27572377

Last edited:

AJ22

Super Moderator

ERIC GIBREE
DIAZ GLOVES

FACT ... a handful of issues is not a good percentage. IJS

For what it is worth, if the color of the piping would have matched the laces then there would be no problem. The piping and laces do not match .. and if the piping is considered yellow, then there is no way the laces can be yellow.

JP667

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is my order details-Web Style: M6, Back: Royal Blue, Palm: Gray, Web: Gray, Finger Tips: Gray, Web Lacing: Yellow, Glove Lacing: Yellow, Welting: Yellow, Wrist: Gray, Wing: Royal Blue, Trim: Yellow, Stitching: Royal Blue, Embroidery: Yellow, Finger Hood: Black, Finger Pad: Black, Length: 11.5", Adult or Youth: Youth, Diaz Glove Logo: royal blue, Throwing Hand: Right, Back Style: Notch, Type: Baseball, Text Style: Script, Embroidery Text: JARVIS #11, Embroidered Logo ($9.95): No - I do not want a logo embroidered on my cus..., The finger pad was my bad but I emailed and got it changed the next day.

I am glad you have had a good experience with Diaz. But I have not!! If you look on Egibree thread you can clearly see in the pic in the second post. The yellow stitching and the yellow lacing match. You can clearly see on my sons glove they are not even close. Diaz has now offered a refund for the glove after two emails telling me that my glove has yellow lacing. Course they haven't respond to todays email where I sent the the glove pic from Egibree post and my sons glove picture showing them the differences. I didn't figure I would get a response. How am I supoose to tell my 11yr old son that has been waiting and waiting for a glove for 13 weeks who thinks it cool cause its got his name on it. Sorry buddy we are sending it back cause they screwed up and going to wait another 5-8 for another. It is a Buyer Beware they screwed it up and are trying to play it off as it is right. As for being compensated. No my compensation was a 13 week wait to get the wrong colors. The quality of the glove is nice not taking away from that, but not happy about the wrong colors and being told it is right. You are blind if you think that is yellow compared to the piping and stitching.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
doesn't matter if it's yellow, tan or pickle green, if the customer has a problem they should be taken care of...

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes

You are blind as a ****ing blind person :rolleyes: this is yellow

photo-74.jpg

Not even close
photo-75.jpg

Country35

Banned User
I found the vendor through the board.

but this wasnt a deal with another board member? If you ordered online thru their website, leaving ngtg feedback on here isnt gonna help with anything. I'd start a thread in other manuf area, and then file a claim with the better business bureau. IF it was made on here with a member, please leave it up here.

BL18ok

Addicted to Softballfans

ERIC GIBREE
DIAZ GLOVES

Wouldnt take it so personal bro. He isnt saying you are fing up, just saying if you dont stay on top of them (which it sounds like you do) then it tends to have problems. You sound like a solid rep and probally wouldnt have a problem ordering a glove from you. It also sounds like Diaz needs to work out some probelms just like every other company around.

Coowguy

Coach
To me it looks like the binding is yellow and the laces are a mustard yellow. The laces clearly aren't tan (Dark Tan, Indian Tan, Classic Tan) to me. Laces are usually made of lower grade quality leather than the binding that goes into the glove and between different types and different qualities of leather tones can change. I'd say both are yellow but the laces to me look more like a mustard yellow than the bright yellow/yellow gold used in the binding. Both are yellow though. 12 weeks is freaking ridiculous especially when you can get a Rawlings in 4-6 weeks.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
To me it looks like the binding is yellow and the laces are a mustard yellow. The laces clearly aren't tan (Dark Tan, Indian Tan, Classic Tan) to me. Laces are usually made of lower grade quality leather than the binding that goes into the glove and between different types and different qualities of leather tones can change. I'd say both are yellow but the laces to me look more like a mustard yellow than the bright yellow/yellow gold used in the binding. Both are yellow though. 12 weeks is freaking ridiculous especially when you can get a Rawlings in 4-6 weeks.

Whatever the **** version of yellow you want to call it, call it that. The bottom line is the two yellows don't match and the glove looks off because of it.

STAMBONE #31

Addicted to Softballfans
but this wasnt a deal with another board member? If you ordered online thru their website, leaving ngtg feedback on here isnt gonna help with anything. I'd start a thread in other manuf area, and then file a claim with the better business bureau. IF it was made on here with a member, please leave it up here.

Not trying to start problems but.
Diaz as a company is represented on these boards by there owner and an employee of the company that reps them on here. This is a board member who made a purchase with the company does not matter if its on here or not.
Diaz gloves is represented on here and they are members. This info should stay up as new members that are interested in the company should be able to read both the good and bad.