Disappointed in this j3a...

Zilla49

<font color="#FF3399">Zilla Monster</font>
So I unwrapped this baby last week. I've put close to 100 hits on her in about 60 degree michigan weather. I used 44/375's and 52/300's. an this happened. It's the paint but also when I lifted up its some of the barrel. And I rotate the bat almost every time I swing. Just surprising it did this when most I hear that this is durable with exception of only a few that are not durable. A buddy of mine as well broke in under 100 swings. Besides that this happened in 100 swings this bat is awesome and I can't wait to get another one.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
just a bad egg. They are out there. Demarini should take care of you. Ask for a returnable bat. The good ones are AMAZING.

kmfdm

<font color="Red">Mark it Donny!</font>
What are the odds of them sending two returnable bats. I've had this happen twice with the J3. I love the performace, but peeling paint from 3 and then 18 hits is crazy.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
What are the odds of them sending two returnable bats. I've had this happen twice with the J3. I love the performace, but peeling paint from 3 and then 18 hits is crazy.

wow. luck of the draw huh. i keep hitting mine just to be sure that it is a good one. i feel very lucky to have a good one in my bag. i could see breaking two quickly i would probably move on to a different bat.

kmfdm

<font color="Red">Mark it Donny!</font>
wow. luck of the draw huh. i keep hitting mine just to be sure that it is a good one. i feel very lucky to have a good one in my bag. i could see breaking two quickly i would probably move on to a different bat.

That's the problem, I think its the best performing new bat. We were out-hitting the ASA DB by 20-30 feet with the J3a. I figure screw it and just keep swinging it until it blows, but its disappointing to have to keep worrying about it.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
That's the problem, I think its the best performing new bat. We were out-hitting the ASA DB by 20-30 feet with the J3a. I figure screw it and just keep swinging it until it blows, but its disappointing to have to keep worrying about it.

i check the bat after almost every swing. I think it will be gamer only and i will take some swings with the S1 to get a feel for it.

Zilla49

exactly i love this bat just sucks to worry about "this snext swing might crack it..."

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
OP--where the hell have you heard the J3A is durable?? Certainly not on this site! People's J3's are snapping left and right. It might be, no actually it IS the most fragile bat Demarini has ever produced!!

shanerose10

Addicted to Softballfans
OP--where the hell have you heard the J3A is durable?? Certainly not on this site! People's J3's are snapping left and right. It might be, no actually it IS the most fragile bat Demarini has ever produced!!

I'd have to say the og cartel was much more fragile.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
Ive yet to see one break in person... 44s or 52s the ones around here have been tanks.. Granted ive only seen about 15 of them around here so far.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
what hit count do you consider "Tanks" then??

OG flex?? Reaper? Extended? ive swung them all and they all blow worse then a hammer till they are broken in fully and once that happens they get 500-1000 swings...

The j3 ive taken out of the wrapper so far has around 600 swings against 44 core in 55-65 degrees and looks brand new. and yes it does perform with or better then the ogs even at their peak...

Getting as many quality swings as the OGs... i consider that good... better then the eastons that ive had spiral every time in under 100 swings. With the new bats you cant compare them to the old bats, just never going to be the same.

Love how people brag about their OG bats and how many swings they got out of them.... but they forgot to mention that the first 1000 swings sucked

BigDann17

Addicted to Softballfans

None have snapped. The only thing has been this paint/outer whatever issue and then they have been lasting hundreds of swings even after that. Not saying it's acceptable but they definitely aren't snapping. I think there was just a bad batch. I have seen way more have no issues than there are reported issues.
There is a thread about a guy who had one with over 1000 swings on it and it was still going strong. And the cartel 2 is much more fragile.
Cartel 2 fragile? Or just paint chipping... There's a difference

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
None have snapped. The only thing has been this paint/outer whatever issue and then they have been lasting hundreds of swings even after that. Not saying it's acceptable but they definitely aren't snapping. I think there was just a bad batch. I have seen way more have no issues than there are reported issues.

Cartel 2 fragile? Or just paint chipping... There's a difference

Thats the thing... 1% of the people that have good ones post about it... where 100% of the people on here that had one crack post on here.

JMac8582

Addicted to Softballfans
Got over 200 swings on mine. mixed 44 and 52s. Still looks brand new. First 50ish swings sucked, but that could be me getting a feel for her. It's my gamer no contest now.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Ok, i stand corrected. All the stories of people's j3as breaking are not true.

J3A's are true tanks.:rolleyes:

stickywicky

Addicted to Softballfans
Put the first 100 or so cuts on mine in 60 degree weather today. After the 3rd round I have a 2 inch crack......blows!

Performance, right along side my 100H was better but just can't last...swing it until it blows and send it in for another.

Zilla49

Quite a few people I have talked to have had loads of swings on their j3s yes they have paint cracks but usually quite small ones and last 800+ swings...my huge paint problem is in 100 swings

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Ok, i stand corrected. All the stories of people's j3as breaking are not true.

J3A's are true tanks.:rolleyes:

bro, just give up on it....it doesn't matter what you say to certain ppl on the board, it doesn't matter if it's the easton fanboys, z fanboys, combat fanboys, or the demarini fanboys, they don't want to hear **** about their fav. manf. bat except " so and so bat is the sickest, hottest, most super duperest, bomb dropping out of the wrapper, sicker than a shaved voltage, most dominant bat of all time in the history of bats"....if you have anything other than that to say they don't want to hear a thing about it

BigDann17

Addicted to Softballfans
The trolling is strong around here...

I'm pointing out if you're going to state something, state the correct thing.

Demarini CS is top-notch. If this happens to your bat is <100 swings I'm sure they will replace it for you with a returnable bat as well.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
Ive seen a dozen or so on here break in less then 100 swings, yes it sucks.. But to label a bat "fragile" because of less then 20 bats on the boards have done it.. I base my thoughts on the ones ive swung and seen swung in person... and the ONES ive seen and witnessed have not seen a single crack in any of them... Its easy to troll around every thread that has a bat with a crack in it and trash on it...

but oh well who cares, troll on

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Ive seen a dozen or so on here break in less then 100 swings, yes it sucks.. But to label a bat "fragile" because of less then 20 bats on the boards have done it.. I base my thoughts on the ones ive swung and seen swung in person... and the ONES ive seen and witnessed have not seen a single crack in any of them... Its easy to troll around every thread that has a bat with a crack in it and trash on it...

you own half the j3a's produced don't you, lol

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!

Yeah and its ok for u to troll around every thread about j3a's downtalking everyone who swings anything BUT a j3a, and anyone who has a different opinion then you! Works both ways man.......

Zilla49

i love the j3a just hoped i could have more durability. that was my main problem. =)