Do people...

DemPhenom

People think a lot of stupid things. Are you saying a lot of people think this? Probably not. Are you defending bat rolling?

cyoung187

Coach
No, its not as bad as shaving.

Is a married dude getting a blowjob from his secretary as bad as ****ing her 10 times in the back of the family van? Its still cheating.

Salamander

Manager
First off ive never had a bat rolled and I don't really care for it either way but Why is rolling a bat considered cheating? It just speeds up the break in process right? I can't really see it making the bat that much hotter for it to be considered cheating, I just see it as a quick break in process for people that don't have time to put 500 Bp swings in their bat to get it game ready.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
For all you people who say cheating is cheating. Should I get a 2 year ban for an altered bat because I hit non-approved softball in BP to break my bat in?

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
First off ive never had a bat rolled and I don't really care for it either way but Why is rolling a bat considered cheating? It just speeds up the break in process right? I can't really see it making the bat that much hotter for it to be considered cheating, I just see it as a quick break in process for people that don't have time to put 500 Bp swings in their bat to get it game ready.

It also breaks in the bat further than it will through normal bat-ball collisions (you won't generate the same force with your swing as you can with a roller), though it's not necessarily by a massive amount. However, you're also breaking in areas of the bat that would not get broken in with BP, such as by the endcap and taper.

If someone doesn't have time to put 500 swings on a bat to break it in...maybe they should be looking at getting a different bat?

LC77

Manager
Cheating pisses me off, but as a society we are apathetic about it.
Think about this: every level of football, from pee wee to the NFL, teaches offensive linemen to keep their hands between the shoulders of their opponent.
Why?
Not because it is the most effective way to block, but because when they hold (cheat) they won't get called for it. Everyone knows they are holding.
They're not even pretending that they aren't going to do it.
It is a universally accepted and condoned method of cheating.
It's naive to ever expect anyone to stop.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I've had a bat that was rolled, and owned many that are not.

The FX700 I have is rolled. We used it for a season, and then had it rolled. Still made a big difference, as it's a nice uniformed broken in bat now. Still wasn't after being a team bat for a year.

What do folks think about using a ball mallet?

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I hate cheating. But at this point, I've stopped caring. Roll, shave, whatever. I hit 8 billion ever year clean. Ain't nothing gonna break my stride. Ai'nt nothin gonna slow me down, whoa no, I got to keep on movin.

jbar2845

Officer Friendly
i got my 454 legit rolled because the place offered it for free. i didnt notice any difference in the bat.

prolly just a marketing technique? Although, I've been told certian bats do not "roll" as well as others.:confused:

Bottom line no one should roll their bat ITS CHEATING!