Do you play for fun?

JFLY25

Coach
We have a couple guys on our team that "band together" if things start going badly on the field and they sit and tear other team members down and put themselves at a whole different level even know they are making errors and pop-ups as well. Delusions of grandeur......Plus they start monday morning quarterbacking the manager on eveything. How do you handle this??

brtisbuck

Addicted to Softballfans
Replace them with better personalities? We are fairly competitive, but no amount of talent offsets being a first class d-bag. At the end of the season tell them how it and what you expect and if they don't like it don't ask them back.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Replace them with better personalities? We are fairly competitive, but no amount of talent offsets being a first class d-bag. At the end of the season tell them how it and what you expect and if they don't like it don't ask them back.

I agree with everything but the bold. Don't wait...if it's an issue (which it obviously is, or you wouldn't have posted this thread), deal with it immediately.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
make sure you approach from behind too. the complete surprise of the team mates will keep everyone else in line.

Plus, it makes for a real kodak moment you can use for your flyers you'll post when looking for replacement players. Win-win.

halo-3-kicked-in-balls.png

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga
They won't stop until you bust their jaws so bad they need them wired shut. Clear solution.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
aint gon be no stand by me **** cut george muf****in george takai without no retributions

-Six-

Weiner
I wish i was good enough to get my super competitive jones out. I suck. So i paintball for the competitive juices.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a couple guys on our team that "band together" if things start going badly on the field and they sit and tear other team members down and put themselves at a whole different level even know they are making errors and pop-ups as well. Delusions of grandeur......Plus they start monday morning quarterbacking the manager on eveything. How do you handle this??

Ya got 2 options.... (A). get rid of their asses now, or (B) Next time they do it in the dugout, TELL THEM TO STFU in front of everyone... they will either quit, or stop complaining...

Beast28

Addicted to Softballfans
If you are not the coach, tell them GFY and if they are not outperforming the others on the team tell them that and to STFU. If you are the coach, talk to them 1 on 1 and warn them that if they don't change then you will have to move in another direction b/c they are messing up the chemistry of the team.

MaverickAH

I like to keep stats. Lots of em.......

Stats tell you:
  • Who's doing what
  • When they're doing it
  • Who they're doing it against
  • What they're not doing

They are also the arch enemy of people who like to run their mouths! They usually hate cold, hard facts.......

redneck1991

Addicted to Softballfans
I second the stats also like to call them out everytime they mess up. Had a couple guys with holier than thou attitudes in the past and found it best to greet them after we get off the field with a "shake it off you cant catch them all" or a "wow that routine grounder was a tough one" or my favorite on a overcast day "did the sun get in your eyes on that pop up?" Those types get pissed and then they shut up. But say it in a way that they cant really come at you, like "hey its alright that you missed that ball it happens to us all".

cwall282

Star Player
I like to keep stats. Lots of em.......

Stats tell you:
  • Who's doing what
  • When they're doing it
  • Who they're doing it against
  • What they're not doing

They are also the arch enemy of people who like to run their mouths! They usually hate cold, hard facts.......

Same Reason my team keep stats.