Do you play for fun?

SLOOPY

Addicted to Softballfans
If you have the game to back it up talk sh.. when they screw up. I do this to my teamates that put down other players on my team so they know what its like. We got a guy who hit a ground ball and didnt run it out only to have a double play turned on him, then a guy pops up to shallow left and doesnt run it out but the ball lands and he has to run but he gets a hit. Guy who didnt run out the ground ball starts yelling and saying you gotta run that out blah blah blah and i say yeah you got to run that out just like Jimmy did on that double play.

doG

dabz
I play for fun sooooo much that I want 4 at bats a game atleast. I don't care if we lose every game. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose every game, but im not out there to tear 30 year olds a new one for not fielding a ground ball correctly and such. Believe me though, if you go 0-3 3 games in a row and I only get 2 or 3 at bats you're gonna hear about it. If you cant bat .500, and you suck at defense you probably shouldn't play. Doesn't mean you cant, but you cant blame people for ripping on ya if you suck in all areas of the game. Not being competitive at all, AND only getting 2 or 3 at bats a game is not fun for me so ya I play for fun but it might not be someone elses idea of fun:D

suthrner

Church League Allstar
I play for fun and exercise with that in mind I'm pretty competitive so losing is not fun. ;)

train

Addicted to Softballfans
Two choices -Cut them or live with it. You maybe able to get them to stop for a bit. But believe me, it will be back. It is much easier to replace them than change them.

franknwhit

Game on!
You can only play this game for fun if your not getting paid, if your getting paid to play that is a lot different.

Your team leader(s) or captains, or whatever, need to deal with the issue in front of everyone as soon as it happens. The ones causing trouble will either get in line or they'll leave on their own.

If they are the leaders, find a new team or boot them if you can.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
well I sure don't get paid to play, so yeah, I better be playing for fun otherwise what's the point?