Do you use heavy/warm up ball

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Just use a evil classic m . They have real tall raised laces and are always heavy. Then switch to a Dudley for games and your throws will have a extra 20 feet on them

tomdonohue1

Vandelay Industries
Please show me the research you've done on this one. Especially any research anybody using one of these PROPERLY that got injured. If you utilize poor mechanics and try to throw one of these balls hard you will definitely ruin your shoulder/elbow, if used properly you should be fine.

Throwing overhand is not good for your arm to begin with. It is not a natural motion like throwing underhand is. Throwing something heavier overhand does even more damage.

How many fastpitch softball pitchers have you ever heard of with arm problems? How many baseball pitchers have you ever heard of with arm problems?

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes ^^^^^ some are too heavy and a lot of guys won't use them because they hurt wrists....joints....has to be a balance there somewhere......

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Update,
Orders have been placed to our factory for the new Evil Heavy.
It will be regulation size 12 inch diameter with standard Evil Leather cover for improved feel and will weigh 12 ozs. I always felt the other heavy ball options were just too heavy and had potential to cause injury. 12 oz is enough weight to get the desired effect and reduce injury potential. Prices are not yet set but I can tell you they will be less than todays current offerings. :bigok:

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
ksu3LCQ.jpg

Ignite-la

Addicted to Softballfans
Update,
Orders have been placed to our factory for the new Evil Heavy.
It will be regulation size 12 inch diameter with standard Evil Leather cover for improved feel and will weigh 12 ozs. I always felt the other heavy ball options were just too heavy and had potential to cause injury. 12 oz is enough weight to get the desired effect and reduce injury potential. Prices are not yet set but I can tell you they will be less than todays current offerings. :bigok:

Nice can't wait

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
If only they made a flat side to these, they would finally have their first reasonable use as a paperweight or meat tenderizer. It was a wise man who once said, "I don't always play softball, but when I do; I warm up with a shotput."

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Yes it will be a regulation size and feel, just much heavier. Sorry Ar2 no ASA stamp:09:

How bout offering a ball that is a only slightly heavier too? Cannonballs aren't safe to throw hard but just good for stretching out. It would be good to use one for long toss but would have to be just a little heavier to be safe...:thumb:

Chubby_43

I use a cannon ball.. I would recommend a color scheme that doesn't get dark when it get's dirty.. I have a yellow ball and blue one.. The Blue ball you can't see at night...