draft day.....

Primo

fat and famous pablo
it's like xmas......you absolutely know someone is going to do something incredibly stupid and we get to witness 1 poor decision completely dismantle a couple years of hard work....

i dont know who it will be.....but i will be planted on my couch w/ my very mediocre salary and less that desirable living quarters completely out thinking guys who get paid millions to make bad decisions.....

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Interested in seeing what the Titans do. Been talks here about them possibly trading back up into the Top 10 but all the mock drafts still have us taking Conklin at 15

Primo

fat and famous pablo
the first 2 picks will be the worst decisions of the night, unless the Falcons draft another WR

I really dislike what the eagles did......for the rams, i dont mind it as much. they think they're a qb away so they go and get a qb.......he can hand it off, throw against 8 man boxes, they'll run safety net throws w/ Austin. Britt is still serviceable if he wants to be, Brian Quick is talented, Welker at least brings a vet presence etc.....

i dont expect him to have a banner year but in regards to being drafted 1st overall, it's a much much better scenario than damn near anyone i can think of in terms of surrounding cast. the rams are a pretty good team really....they just play in a monster divsion.

whoever the eagles take is probably ****ed but again, even that philly team isn't terrible....just have no clue what to expect w/ a new regime.....

Bosa stock is falling....no idea what that means.
Elliot's stock is rising....because fantasy

Sounds like titans wanna deal w/ Ravens to get Staley or Tunsil or Conklin as they were gonna take a OT anyway at 1.....

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like titans wanna deal w/ Ravens to get Staley or Tunsil or Conklin as they were gonna take a OT anyway at 1.....

If they still had the #1 pick, it wouldn't surprised me if they went with Ramsey instead of Tunsil. But I think if they wanted Tunsil, I don't think they would've made that trade unless they thought they could trade back up and get him where they think he's worthy of a pick.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I predict someone trades up for paxton lynch. Also that he will be a better qb than wentz.

Goff to the rams and he is the real deal. Best feet, best vision, best release, most football smarts of the group. Even before the rams traded up i felt he was easily the best of the group. Since the trade i have watched him a lot more and am even more impressed than before.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cal went from 1-11 his freshman year to 8-5 last year. Yeah he did not help them at all. Just say you do not know anything about qb's and save us all a lot of time.

Stretch19

Grow up
if you consider jay cutler to be a good NFL qb, id say hes about the last one who wasnt able to win in college...they were pretty awful when he was at vandy

ntz

tricknollegy
and he was drafted 10 years ago. so would you say, that as a trend over the past ten years, qb's that don't win in college, generally don't make for good NFL qb's

3XC

Big Truss
and he was drafted 10 years ago. so would you say, that as a trend over the past ten years, qb's that don't win in college, generally don't make for good NFL qb's

QBs that don't win don't make NFL rosters, so the sample size is so incredibly small that there is no basis for analysis.

Big winning programs have offensive lines and talented WRs and make QBs look good. Numbers and awards make for easy scouting, hell, you don't even have to watch film. Teams that dig deep and look past that at immutable metrics like height, arm strength, and injury history tend to do better. Roethlisberger is a prime example. Flacco is another. Wentz is cut from that mold. Of course, its woefully inexact and there is so much guesswork involved, but I'm sure Philly would be overjoyed if Wentz ended up a similar sort of player.

ntz

tricknollegy
except despite being at small schools, they both had winning records, as did wentz, and no one was talking about him

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Hoping that either Bosa or Ramsey slip to #9 for the Bucs, but I don't think its even remotely likely. Surprised to see some experts are saying the Cowboys will take Elliott so early.

3XC

Big Truss
Wins over Prairie View and Slippery Rock mean very little to NFL scouts I'd imagine.

Asking if QBs with losing records succeed in the NFL is like asking if hot dogs sell at Le Bernardin. Would they? Who knows. Probably. They'd be good ass hot dogs. But since they won't even offer them, we're just guessing. What if they were the best hot dogs of all time? Well, the counter argument is "they're still only hot dogs."

The NFL is conservative and not in the business of taking risks, financial risks mostly, but also team performance risks, on unproven guys. You'd think in light of Tony Romo and Kurt Warner they'd be less conservative, but nah, they make it plainly apparent they'd rather take an AJ McCarron type guy, big winner at big program with low ceiling, than the opposite.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
dude said Bosa to bucs earlier on whatever the hell i looked at......

it's become more important how you're trending the day or two before than how good you actually are......

dumb

3XC

Big Truss
Hoping that either Bosa or Ramsey slip to #9 for the Bucs, but I don't think its even remotely likely. Surprised to see some experts are saying the Cowboys will take Elliott so early.

Zero chance of either. Hargreaves is much better than his measurables and is probably a better press guy against a gnat like Edelman or Steve Smith than Ramsey would ever be. He should be there at 9, and if you're lucky you'd land Buckner, who is Julius Peppers-like.

9 is an odd place to be, because there are six blue chippers, and they're gonna go 2-3-4-5-6-7. Stanley is borderline but could go early and I don't count Elliott as a blue chipper at all, so TB might get Buckner or Jack.

ntz

tricknollegy
Goff to me at number one makes no sense, to draft a guy there, who has shown zero ability to win, even in the worst of the power five conferences. if you can't win the turd PAC 12, you can't win in the NFL.

3XC

Big Truss
dude said Bosa to bucs earlier on whatever the hell i looked at......

it's become more important how you're trending the day or two before than how good you actually are......

dumb

Its because there are dozens of sports media sources and they're all trying to out hot take each other to drive page views. Its all complete and total nonsense. I think this goes logically, in terms of need.

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Ramsey or Tunsil
4. Elliott (ha) or Bosa
5. Bosa or Buckner
6. Tunsil or Jack
7. Bucker or Stanley
8. Jack
9. Hargreaves
10. Elliott

Primo

fat and famous pablo
If GB passes on Ragland and KC ends up w/ him, i may do a backflip.....

GB wont pass on him...and we'll end up with the corner from Houston...which doesn't suck either

3XC

Big Truss
For the record, if Jack did not have his injury history, I'd be higher on the guy, I think he's capable of being hugely disruptive and is super versatile. He is fast and athletic enough to drop 10 pounds and become a Earl Bennett type safety. He is fast enough to play a Ray Lewis style active Mike. He has the cover skills to shadow a split TE in man, and the instincts to diagnose play action and cover a slot WR in zone. He can blow up runs, he is so, so active on running plays, the film on this guy is amazing, but he's a misstep away from losing all his speed, and without his speed he's just an undersized plodder.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
For the record, if Jack did not have his injury history, I'd be higher on the guy, I think he's capable of being hugely disruptive and is super versatile. He is fast and athletic enough to drop 10 pounds and become a Earl Bennett type safety. He is fast enough to play a Ray Lewis style active Mike. He has the cover skills to shadow a split TE in man, and the instincts to diagnose play action and cover a slot WR in zone. He can blow up runs, he is so, so active on running plays, the film on this guy is amazing, but he's a misstep away from losing all his speed, and without his speed he's just an undersized plodder.

so what's the issue? they aren't sure his knee was fixed correctly?

i dont understand it......i agree w/ you. 100% no issues and he's the consensus best player in the draft, bar none....

not sure i get what the deal is

3XC

Big Truss
If GB passes on Ragland and KC ends up w/ him, i may do a backflip.....

GB wont pass on him...and we'll end up with the corner from Houston...which doesn't suck either

Ragland will be amazing, and he is exactly who the Ravens would be going after if they had their usual 20-30 pick position. Ozzie has a hard on for Alabama linebackers, this guy has team captain written all over him, and I would be less than totally shocked if the Ravens pursued him somehow via trading picks.

To go Tunsil at 6 and then somehow trade a package of picks into the mid 20s to land Ragland, god that would be a coup. And absolute coup. Baltimore would have its offensive anchor and defensive captain for the next half decade locked up. Add the return of Perriman and that's three first rounders joining a team, more or less.