DS Plague is sick

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
Picked up a lightly used DS plague (no webbing) this past week for a Psycho and I couldn't be happier. I went an ounce heavier than usual, and it just fits my swing really well.

Had a couple of games yesterday and I don't think I ever hit a ball so hard (further yes, but not harder) - unfortunately it was caught by a diving OFer. It was 75+ degrees and raining all day so the Dudley SW Classic M's weren't in the best shape. The ball probably didn't go higher than 15 feet and went about 275. I'm obviously not a power hitter by any means, so given the lack of height on the ball, it's impressive for me. I can't wait to see what this does after it starts webbing up.

Last edited:

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
the og GS is unreal, hit the one i got for the first time this weekend and wow...

That bat is a "giggler".

For those unaware of the term (that I just made up), a "giggler", when used in a softball context, is a bat that makes you giggle the first couple of times you use it, due to insane performance.

SteveJax21

Derby Boy 4 Life!
That bat is a "giggler".

For those unaware of the term (that I just made up), a "giggler", when used in a softball context, is a bat that makes you giggle the first couple of times you use it, due to insane performance.

Well then the OG GS I have is a "Laugher/Sidesplitter" Bro! :eek:

Let a Buddy of mine swing it at BP the other day with Classic Elite & M Balls... 376 to RC fence & he cleared it by about 50 ft! Hmmmm I'm thinking it's getting better than 172! :rolleyes:

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
yes. i had a buddy pitch me a couple and i accidently buzzed one that went a foot over his head and he never even had time to move his glove he just looked at me like wtf was that. means alot from a slap hitter lol. could take over my love for the fulk.... we'll see tonight at ISA league.

SillystickEM

Highway Man
yes. I had a buddy pitch me a couple and i accidently buzzed one that went a foot over his head and he never even had time to move his glove he just looked at me like wtf was that. Means alot from a slap hitter lol. Could take over my love for the fulk.... We'll see tonight at isa league.

isa league?

tlatella10

O-H!!!
yep it is really really sick....I had been neglecting mine recently cause I couldn't put my GS down but I pulled it out my last at bat in last nights game and smoked a line drive and split the center fielders for a double :) should have been a triple but the team mom was in front of me...oh well for little ol me to smoke a mushy gold dot that far was a proud moment for me...love the DS

BigTexCowboy

Professional Bull Milker
yep it is really really sick....I had been neglecting mine recently cause I couldn't put my GS down but I pulled it out my last at bat in last nights game and smoked a line drive and split the center fielders for a double :) should have been a triple but the team mom was in front of me...oh well for little ol me to smoke a mushy gold dot that far was a proud moment for me...love the DS

If you're not swinging it ship it to me, I'll pay you for it.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
I have video proof of this. it sounded glorious :D

silverbullet01

I'm a ginger!!!
Ummmmmm, sir......

Well then the OG GS I have is a "Laugher/Sidesplitter" Bro! :eek:

Let a Buddy of mine swing it at BP the other day with Classic Elite & M Balls... 376 to RC fence & he cleared it by about 50 ft! Hmmmm I'm thinking it's getting better than 172! :rolleyes:

That number will not pass the compression test. Just FYI......;):D:)

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
Picked up a lightly used DS plague (no webbing) this past week for a Psycho and I couldn't be happier. I went an ounce heavier than usual, and it just fits my swing really well.

Had a couple of games yesterday and I don't think I ever hit a ball so hard (further yes, but not harder) - unfortunately it was caught by a diving OFer. It was 75+ degrees and raining all day so the Dudley SW Classic M's weren't in the best shape. The ball probably didn't go higher than 15 feet and went about 275. I'm obviously not a power hitter by any means, so given the lack of height on the ball, it's impressive for me. I can't wait to see what this does after it starts webbing up.

If you hit the ball harder it will go further:rolleyes:

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
As Jimmy Dugan would say:

The trajectory of the ball and type of spin you put on the ball (among other things) has a large impact on how far the ball goes.

If two bats are hitting the ball with the same type of spin and trajectory the one that hit harder will go further. lmao.

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
If two bats are hitting the ball with the same type of spin and trajectory the one that hit harder will go further. lmao.

Yes, assuming all external conditions (wind, humidity, softball, etc) are the same.
But you quoted my post:
Had a couple of games yesterday and I don't think I ever hit a ball so hard (further yes, but not harder)
and made a jackass comment that harder = further insinuating that I didn't know what I was talking about.
I obviously didn't hit the ball during the game exactly the same way as I had hit my furthest shot. If I had, you are right in that it would likely have gone farther.