Durability

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
I have had 6 COMbats go well over 5K swings and 50 or more over 1K...Only had one bust before 500...so to answer your question...yes

lx_2nv

Coach
I haven't had one bust yet. I was really concerned when my Guilt was webbed up after 25 cuts. But it's got probably around 750 on it now and still going strong.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
I had last years Portent and it had 1800 hits with all types of balls and only had webbing when I sold it to a team mate and its still going strong a half year later. I have this years DB and it has around 700 with no issues. Stop hitting poles or trees and you shouldn't have problems.

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
I always love these threads. The only Combats I've had break in less than 500 swings are LVs and when I was swinging in cold temps. But I've broke other brand in cold temps just as easy.

killjoyb

Addicted to Softballfans
I went from Easton to combat, and I feel the durability is great on combat bats. I have a CG 275 with 700+ swings it compression tested at 260 using all different types of balls.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I went from Easton to combat, and I feel the durability is great on combat bats. I have a CG 275 with 700+ swings it compression tested at 260 using all different types of balls.

Well now the Combat and Easton are owned by the same parent company so they are kind of 1 in the same

Last edited:

brhnz

Bombs .. Bombs Everywhere !
Im a dealer in New Zealand and we only play mens / womens fastpitch with .47/375 balls. Hitting balls at over 70mph all the time. The newer bats like Portent G3, New Greinert etc hold up 100 times better than the old days. My return rate on the newer stuff is very low. In the newer lines I carry there are no scary models that explode. We hit in pretty warm conditions year around. So cold is no factor

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Well now the Combat and Easton are owned by the same parent company so they are kind of 1 in the same

They're owned by the same parent company. But Combats are still made by CE Composites in Canada, and Eastons are still made by children in China.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure what has scarred everyone on these bats. I've seen and had plenty of Combats go 1000+. Some closer to 1500. And they were game ready after 100 swings. I myself have personally put over 2000 on several. New and old stamp.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Are they ever going to make a bat that lasts more than a 100 swings?

ddk3r.jpg

hitman444

Addicted to Softballfans
I have two gamer wanteds that I also use for bp. All balls. No issues. Love the crack sound. I think Combat makes some models that are Easton like (i.e. tanks) and others that are tuned more towards a specific ball. When people use derby balls against these kind of bats and they break quickly, they say Combat sucks. I disagree. I love the fact that hardly noone down here in NTexas swings Combat!!

lx_2nv

Coach
She has been webbed up since hit 15 seriously. I am hitting on the other side of the barrel and it is still straight fiyah. Last games are Friday, already have my RA with Combat and it'll go out Saturday morning.

Bat is nuts

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
My BHOSE got a weird spot on it the other night hitting Hot Dots. Other than that, all of mine have been pretty stout.

belly43

Bored without softball
I had a guilt it for a vertical crack at 60 swings and wouldn't pass compression and was almost in 2 pieces at 120. The only thing that lasts over 1000 swings is a Easton.

KinGClowN

Half Man Half Amazing
I've busted probably at least 10 combats in the 3 years i swung them, utrip wanted lasted the longest for me.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Man.I must swing like Judy's daughter.
Ive had many Combats. The only one I have ever felt like I got cheated out of swings was the ,turd circus-Throttle. You sure you guys are using the right end? Within the last year I have had 5 + bats break quickly and not one was a combat.

When you guys say broke................do you mean zipper cracks? Cause that aint broke. Thats hotness.

Gueess this means Im back.

KinGClowN

Half Man Half Amazing
Broke as in cracked and not swingable, maybe you do swing like Judy's daughter i've never seen her or you hit.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a guilt it for a vertical crack at 60 swings and wouldn't pass compression and was almost in 2 pieces at 120. The only thing that lasts over 1000 swings is a Easton.

I've seen Belly in action at the Mudbash. Dude kills it! Eastons are definitely up your alley lol

killjoyb

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a dual stamped CG that has a lost number of swings on it. My question is! What are you guys doing to your gear? Combat has been excellent to me this summer.

lx_2nv

Coach
Man.I must swing like Judy's daughter.
Ive had many Combats. The only one I have ever felt like I got cheated out of swings was the ,turd circus-Throttle. You sure you guys are using the right end? Within the last year I have had 5 + bats break quickly and not one was a combat.

When you guys say broke................do you mean zipper cracks? Cause that aint broke. Thats hotness.

Gueess this means Im back.

Glad to see you back brother. You've been in my thoughts and prayers.