E, D, C etc Leagues

CB3927

I’ve been playing softball for over 15 years and I’ve heard phrases like D League, C League etc. what makes teams become a “league” team or individual players become “league” players? Also how does one become “league” player?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
League player usually indicates someone who doesn't play weekend tournaments. Thus, league teams are those who don't play weekends either.

BSBR

Starting Player
Associations usually classify their teams and players (A, B, C, D, ETC.) Your local league should classify teams that play in their league in accordance with the association guidance, although this varies greatly depending on league, state, etc. Some states only classify teams/players that play in tournaments. Your local league director should be able to help you out. You can find USA Softball national classifications here: https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softbal...Information/Player-Classification-Information
USSSA can be found here: USSSA - United States Specialty Sports Association.

Hope this helps

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
Most organizations go by your playing history and the team you are on as rosters need to be submitted. You can get membership for a organization like One Nation as a player. I always played ASA ball (SP/Modified) and never had a player classification but with One Nation I am now classified E to start. One Nation has a lot of tournaments in NJ so it helps.