E Worlds (Disney)

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
How many World Championships do you need to win before you should move up to play D? Just curious.....

Mooselodge24

Slinging Nova Bombs
Considering a C team won the E Worlds down there last year, I agree.

This is the first year we've really played Utrip in like the last 4 b/c we played NSA/WSL. seems pretty legit then. I know a C team around here won C worlds, but otherwise it can be tough for our teams to do well.

We have a players list around the area, does anywhere else do that?

Don't move up til they make you. Why be the good guy? The other 100 teams there aren't E either.

you're definitely right here.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't move up til they make you. Why be the good guy? The other 100 teams there aren't E either.

There was a handful of teams that we knew in the 2013 E Worlds down there, and most of them played Silver in at least 1-2 associations.. Hell, one went 1-2, and other than Crossfire(NC), no one made any real noise.

And you are correct, of the 192 teams there last year, probably 1/2 of them were not legit E teams.

We happen to be a legit E team in USSSA(We have played E all year long in U-Trip), one of the main reasons were are playing E is due to our schedule.

ogsoftballplaye

We finished tied for 65th last year. Started making a good run in the losers bracket. Won 3 consecutive games by run rule, combined scores of 32-2. This was after going 1-1. Then we lost our next game. 2 games we lost we should have won. Just errors that we never make. Had a good team. It was nuts however. Hadn't played 5 man all year and went to 5 man just for the World and it paid off tremendously. Made so many clutch double plays.

Mooselodge24

Slinging Nova Bombs
We finished tied for 65th last year. Started making a good run in the losers bracket. Won 3 consecutive games by run rule, combined scores of 32-2. This was after going 1-1. Then we lost our next game. 2 games we lost we should have won. Just errors that we never make. Had a good team. It was nuts however. Hadn't played 5 man all year and went to 5 man just for the World and it paid off tremendously. Made so many clutch double plays.

is your pitcher/infield that good that you don't need to play a 5 man or just used to the 4 man? you just don't see that very much anymore is all i'm asking.

ogsoftballplaye

is your pitcher/infield that good that you don't need to play a 5 man or just used to the 4 man? you just don't see that very much anymore is all i'm asking.

Our starting SS wasn't there. We were missing another key player to. However the SS we generally have is nasty. Mad range and a cannon for an arm. Was a Division 1 starting pitcher. His hitting is coming around. Although I'm no longer with that team. I'd take him any day. One of the best SS I have seen and this is his 2nd year of softball. Our infield was pretty stout. Outfield is good but they are getting older and losing stamina and speed. Good team. Very good competitive team. From what I seen last year. E teams are stronger then E bahaha

Mooselodge24

Slinging Nova Bombs
Our starting SS wasn't there. We were missing another key player to. However the SS we generally have is nasty. Mad range and a cannon for an arm. Was a Division 1 starting pitcher. His hitting is coming around. Although I'm no longer with that team. I'd take him any day. One of the best SS I have seen and this is his 2nd year of softball. Our infield was pretty stout. Outfield is good but they are getting older and losing stamina and speed. Good team. Very good competitive team. From what I seen last year. E teams are stronger then E bahaha

sounds like a good enough reason to play a 4 man then... plus it gives your OF a bit of a break being able to do that.

ogsoftballplaye

sounds like a good enough reason to play a 4 man then... plus it gives your OF a bit of a break being able to do that.

It's something you'd have to gauge. Saw a lot of teams running 4 man and winning. 182 teams is a lot lol. So if you ever fall in the losers bracket its a tough row to plow.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
One thing I love about softball....hearing all the "justifications"....aka excuses....as to why teams sandbag.

Please tell me more :biggthumpup:

ogsoftballplaye

If you're gonna run a 4 man you had better hit your asses off... lol

Not necessarily. Couple years back the team that won it all played 4 man the entire time. Won ship like 8-6 or something. Main thing is luck of the draw. I will say that I noticed a lot of the teams there are true E and Rec teams. If you get put in that kind of bracket then you can run through them lol. However you see teams in there whose record for the year is like 72-8 or 65-9 or 55-10. Yeah they have no need to be in E..........

Mooselodge24

Slinging Nova Bombs
Not necessarily. Couple years back the team that won it all played 4 man the entire time. Won ship like 8-6 or something. Main thing is luck of the draw. I will say that I noticed a lot of the teams there are true E and Rec teams. If you get put in that kind of bracket then you can run through them lol. However you see teams in there whose record for the year is like 72-8 or 65-9 or 55-10. Yeah they have no need to be in E..........

well sure there is... just ask them about it!

NorthFlorida

Manager
One thing I love about softball....hearing all the "justifications"....aka excuses....as to why teams sandbag.

Please tell me more :biggthumpup:

Here's one for you. There's nothing to play in my area without playing E, unless I want to travel 3+ hours every weekend. Don't get me wrong, I HATE playing E, but it's better than not playing at all. States and nationals are the only two tourneys a year that anyone ever enforces the 0 HR/IE/offensive ejection rules, so it's not too bad except for those.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Crossfire will be there, but i won't get to make the trip. I will be at the WSL in Panama though if any one will be there i would love to say hello.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess when I think E teams at world's I think of the 72-8 type teams that would destroy a 4 man more times than not. Hell we took 4th with a bunch of scrubs at ASA E state a couple years ago playing a 4 man. But we also scored 15+ a game. I guess it all depends on the level of competition you're playing.

whogotz

dilligaf?
Here's one for you. There's nothing to play in my area without playing E, unless I want to travel 3+ hours every weekend. Don't get me wrong, I HATE playing E, but it's better than not playing at all. States and nationals are the only two tourneys a year that anyone ever enforces the 0 HR/IE/offensive ejection rules, so it's not too bad except for those.

word is - "next year" all events will be by national rules in florida . actually works to my team's advantage - our pitcher knows how to serve up meatballs.

we won one game due to DBOs in their lineup, then it came back to bite us in the ass

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

Yeah, and probably 8-10 teams in that area saying the same thing. So if they all just played D then they'd have 8-10 team tournaments locally....without O/E. Of course then comes the "well we can't win Worlds at that level since it's all C teams"......meanwhile they're not sniffing the top 30 at E Worlds either.....but still bitching about the OE rule :rolleyes:

ogsoftballplaye

I guess when I think E teams at world's I think of the 72-8 type teams that would destroy a 4 man more times than not. Hell we took 4th with a bunch of scrubs at ASA E state a couple years ago playing a 4 man. But we also scored 15+ a game. I guess it all depends on the level of competition you're playing.

If you are 72-8 in E your state director should have bumped you a long time ago. Thats just my opinion though.