Early Season Cuts - Advice?

Dallusglockin

BP All-Star
Took some more BP yesterday and the stars aligned and I had my gopro batteries charged and sd cards empty. Broke out the Kirby to get it broken in.

I started off working the 5/6 hole then added some (tired) free swings at the end. Pitching wasn't that great and I caught a lot off the taper. It wasn't my best BP sesh for sure, but wasn't the worst either. The cut at 2:45 was probably one of the bet of the day.

Any tips or advice on how to improve the 5/6 shots and/or free swings? (Besides the obvious...pitch selection.)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYp-fPmUm7g[/ame]

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
2:45 was your best "cut" ball if u will. Swing seems to work somewhat, but u swing way different then I do. I can only tell u what has or how my swing helps me? If that makes any sense. U are leaning on your swings....ALOT! even on good pitches u are early. Maybe scooting forward in batters box towards pitcher to get a better swing plane. When u lean u lose a lot of power. Legs aren't allowed to get into the swing because hips are already "set" in motion if u will by leaning. Draw a line from chin to between your legs and body should be straight on impact. Any forward or rear leaning off that axis will result in a undesirable result. Keep back elbow in tight to body, good hip rotation, point bat knob towards pitcher/and or field of play, and last step before impact is to flip them wrists.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
looks like you have a lot of good things going on with your swing.maybe experiment with your stride little longer start with feet closer together, Try keeping the hands back a second longer. Just suggestions to see what works for you.