Easier for you to hit, deep pitch or short?

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
I'd rather walk the box and crush the short one, I always pop up the higher/deeper ones!

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
short. almost like hitting a baseball. dont hit for power on those, maily missle line drives are ground balls noone wants to get in front of......better than my fly outs on deep ones

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i like to think i can get on base with anything thrown between my eyes and my shins. but i know i've got a better chance of extra bases if it's below my ribs. stuff up around my shoulders i will pop up sky high if i try to hit them hard. i actually start the tomahawk swing at pitches around my chest. something i need to work on.

but i stand so far away and just take a step into the pitches. if it's over my chest, it's not going to be a strike unless there's no arc on the ball. in utrip they could probably get it in there. but in the ASA league i play it's still 6-12 and i make do no problem

Combat28Mech

Addicted to Softballfans
don't really matter for me I stand back in the box and since we don't use a strike zone and use a mat put the back foot even with that and if its coming deep don't swing cause its a ball. Short take a step and rip it.

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
this reminds me of being in the gym.. some asks "hey what do you do for chest?" then goes on to tell ya what they like to do even though you didnt ask.

RightSideHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Definitely the low pitch for me. I'm not a big guy, so I have more trouble with the high pitch. Plus, I'm more likely to fly out on a high pitch. Having said that, I've hit some nice bombs on high pitches. It's just I'm not powerful enough to do that every time. So I'm better off swinging at what I can handle.

oppo

Coach
im goin with this as best comment thus far. pending the end of this thread..
I agree, except that the end of the thread doesn't change what has been posted "thus far". ;)

As for the question at hand, when I first started playing, I loved the low stuff and couldn't hit the high stuff to save my life because I still had a baseball swing. Now, I would rather have a pitch chest high than down low.

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
U-Trip deep pitches are what I live on. Right about chest high I can square it up and just piss on it. Being a former baseball player flat, deep pitches look like beach balls to me.

sleak112

Coach
I like them deep and low, I'm RH my back foot is about all the way behind the mat. If its between my knees and waist consider it getting squared up like you wouldn't believe. There is a 50% chance of that ball going 340+, however I rarely get that perfect pitch. I liked the knee high pitches in baseball too.