Easton 2013 Salvo Comp 98 ASA SP12SV98

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
I have swung that bat & I just broke my SRV5 that was Lights Out. I prefer the SRV5 but I will tell you I have seen some guys consistently hit seed after seed w/ the SV98. I think if I had a 27 oz, I would like it just as well. They seem to be pretty durable as well.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll be popping the cherry on mine tomorrow morning.
I figure to get 100 cuts on it.

Dedicated SRV5 user right hurr ;)

I like the SRV5 better. We have several of both bats and nobody swings the new ones anymore.....

I concur with this. I just finished 140 cuts and while it's opening up very nicely, I can say that the SRV5 has an edge on feel for me. What I do like on the SV98 is that the weighting on my 30 feels a tad lighter.

I'll chime in on this once I get past 500 cuts, it's not really fair comparing 1000+ to 100+ :D

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I concur with this. I just finished 140 cuts and while it's opening up very nicely, I can say that the SRV5 has an edge on feel for me. What I do like on the SV98 is that the weighting on my 30 feels a tad lighter.

I'll chime in on this once I get past 500 cuts, it's not really fair comparing 1000+ to 100+ :D

You will see the light my child. The SV98 is every bit as good as the SRV5, and I think the SV98 is more durable too. I also give the SV98 the edge hands down against the 52/300 when compared to a SRV5. I didn't care much for the SV98 until the end of summer when BP took up more of my time than league or games. I was blinded by the ST98, and the synergies. The SV98 has a permanent spot in my bag now until she dies.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We shall see Lucky, plenty of bp to be had between now and Spring ASA. Still opening up my SCN19 for Winter ball against Hycons ;)

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
My sv98 has one tiny line maybe an inch long of webbing . Or maybe it's a scratch :p either way this bat just gets better and better. Hit an opposite field HR tonight and was shocked at the distance ( I'm not an HR hitter )

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My sv98 has one tiny line maybe an inch long of webbing . Or maybe it's a scratch :p either way this bat just gets better and better. Hit an opposite field HR tonight and was shocked at the distance ( I'm not an HR hitter )

Ha ha, I noticed this on mine too. Most of my hits are nearer the end cap, but this webline is at the base of the SS :confused:

I was like :D

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So... 200 hits in and am starting to really be impressed by this stick. It's breaking in very quick (still lower 70s here :cool:) and delivered plenty of goods yesterday...

bucket19

Addicted to Softballfans
need to pick one of these three

which would be the best bat for 52/275 ball, SP12SVM Salvo Multi-Wall 98, SP12SV98 Salvo Comp 98, or SP12SVS Salvo Scandium?