Easton Brett Helmer 2016

yukorochester

Nice looking bat

o.png

PaulyP1

Banned User
I've swung 2 that both are beat up pretty good and have prolly 1k each on them, one shiny and one matte and they're good to go. All swings with hard balls, this one is a head scratcher.

JPG

Lefty
So are you sold on the Helmer or is the Freak Black still the gamer?

I really like the new helmer yes but I am still on my 2015 miken world. My triad 2015 is filthy and by far the hottest bat I own.

As far as freak black and other 2016 sticks, I am not a big fan. You can only bp them a bit and must put them away. I see myself gaming the 2015 miken line or some of the more durable eastons in the year to come.

JPG

Lefty
I've swung 2 that both are beat up pretty good and have prolly 1k each on them, one shiny and one matte and they're good to go. All swings with hard balls, this one is a head scratcher.

Agree, This could be a stick that was still in tweak mode. I can not imagine Easton going that route for the real release. I consider these sticks still tweaker sticks. Can't wait to see the real ones when they come out. I am sure easton will perfect them to hotness.

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
Agree, This could be a stick that was still in tweak mode. I can not imagine Easton going that route for the real release. I consider these sticks still tweaker sticks. Can't wait to see the real ones when they come out. I am sure easton will perfect them to hotness.

yea forgot to mention even my end cap look shady, maybe i got a factory shaver to the gills...lol......:eek:

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY

yea its weird because the paint still feels smooth on that part like nothing is wrong with it, and jpg was the first to notice the end cap look separated with the glue visible super shady...lol... il try to take a pic on it hopefully the dirt didn't fill it in already ...lol....but i'm not complaining thing is nasty already with 300+ hits:thumb:

FAT JESUS

More than likely
It would make sense that the paint on prototypes would be inconsistent. I'm sure that's how they dial it in, sending out different paint compounds and processes to find what works.

PaulyP1

Banned User
I'll try and post some good videos for you all this week, I have 26.5s now so these will be videos on some with zero swings and some with a whole bunch so you can see the difference. The matte ones didn't have the paint problem on the ones with lots of swings.

cmb34

Star Player
Sorry if this has already been asked but what is the endload on these, progressive or like the Lv line?

JPG

Lefty
My demo BH2016 is killing it and taking a beating. Been hitting rocks and moosh and it hits everything well.
I am in the 800's in terms of hits.

23858288869_9026f21a2f_o.jpg

JPG

Lefty
Felt good to just get out and just swing. Some of the boys and I just hacking away breaking in sticks.
Helmer 800+ hits and still going strong. Hitting some good balls and some crap balls.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHBbQhitW84[/ame]

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Is it me, or is that bat really quiet. Looks like it has really good pop though.. I may grab one of those after my torq breaks. If it ever does.

JPG

Lefty
Is it me, or is that bat really quiet. Looks like it has really good pop though.. I may grab one of those after my torq breaks. If it ever does.

The bat feels softer then the torq for sure. The torq got a lot of love and the new line just runs right over it imo.

Daddyfatsacs

Cannon for a right arm
EVERY single year the "latest and greatest" is the best bat ever made....who the hell still jumps on this ****!? seriously. Yes technology does change, but not drastically enough to where no other manufacturer wont know about it. This is coming from a huge Easton fan. But so tired of reading the same **** year after year whenever a new line comes out. The BEST bat is the one that fits YOUR SWING THE BEST! Pain and simple. The only thing that Eastons have had over the competition IMO is their durability is 2nd to none. I still swing my sy100 as my gamer and she has well over 3500 cuts and still passed at worlds last month.

Point here is you don't have to run out and by the newest bat thinking its the best thing since sliced bread bc it aint. Rant over...carry on

Rega17

'MERICA
Just gonna throw my input in here from an older thread...
I don't have any experience with the 2015 torqs but this new helmer is much better out the wrapper than the 2016 torq we have.

Put about 300 hits on it tonight.27.5oz but swung lighter than the 27oz freak black we also swung. Very impressive for a new easton. Softer barrel than the L1s I've tried in the past. Didn't even sound like other new eastons I've hit. Had some hits that made think it could be gameable soon. Said TCT composite on the barrel for those that care. Hopefully we'll have the Asa version in a few weeks.

I'm not the best bat reviewer so please ask any questions I might could answer.

JPG

Lefty
EVERY single year the "latest and greatest" is the best bat ever made....who the hell still jumps on this ****!? seriously. Yes technology does change, but not drastically enough to where no other manufacturer wont know about it. This is coming from a huge Easton fan. But so tired of reading the same **** year after year whenever a new line comes out. The BEST bat is the one that fits YOUR SWING THE BEST! Pain and simple. The only thing that Eastons have had over the competition IMO is their durability is 2nd to none. I still swing my sy100 as my gamer and she has well over 3500 cuts and still passed at worlds last month.

Point here is you don't have to run out and by the newest bat thinking its the best thing since sliced bread bc it aint. Rant over...carry on

I could say this about your crying as well.
Every year softball always has cry babys and the year just started and your already crying about what people are saying. Rant over. Cry babys kill the game.

The new sticks are sweet, dont care what you say or think your not going to stop history from repeating itself LOL.