Easton Hammer only tournaments

bigwrig6

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone know if any Easton Hammer only softball tourneys? This would separate the boys from the men.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
What are the best ASA approved ear plugs?
And no, that would just be a day of suck.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
CO had one for a few years about a decade ago. It really did separate the men from the boys. The TD provided 28 oz Hammers, and that's all you were allowed to use. Distance/stadium balls were used on 300'. fields. Unlimited HRs. Very few were hit. It takes a Ruthian swing to put one out with a Hammer.

Interestingly, .52 300 balls are quite a bit easier to hit out with Hammers. The ball does much of the work.

Obviously in today's age of sissy men, this tourny fell by the wayside and few teams signed up for it.

bigwrig6

Addicted to Softballfans
CO had one for a few years about a decade ago. It really did separate the men from the boys. The TD provided 28 oz Hammers, and that's all you were allowed to use. Distance/stadium balls were used on 300'. fields. Unlimited HRs. Very few were hit. It takes a Ruthian swing to put one out with a Hammer.

Interestingly, .52 300 balls are quite a bit easier to hit out with Hammers. The ball does much of the work.

Obviously in today's age of sissy men, this tourny fell by the wayside and few teams signed up for it.
Sounds actually pretty awesome. It really does make it more strategic and if you hit one out, your wang gets bigger by 3" I heard.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I want to swing my OG Powercells again. Swinging a Hammer is like fishing with a Snoopy pole.
URL][img]

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
The lower divisions in my ASA league are provided bats only. You get a 28 and 26 Easton S500 single wall with the ping sound. It's actually not that bad hitting 52s.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I want to swing my OG Powercells again. Swinging a Hammer is like fishing with a Snoopy pole.
URL][img]

It isn't fun. The bat has no endload at all and a wood bat has more pop. To hit a distance ball out with a Hammer you need a PERFECT swing that finds the miniature sweetspot and actually spins the ball. Its very, very hard to do.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The lower divisions in my ASA league are provided bats only. You get a 28 and 26 Easton S500 single wall with the ping sound. It's actually not that bad hitting 52s.

That's because .52s actually provide distance themselves off dead bats. Its much, much easier to hit a .52 out with a Hammer than a .44 or classic M. Classic Ms are almost impossible because the ball provides nothing and either does the bat.

Another good thing about using .52s with singlewalls is the bats won't dent.