Easton helmer green and orange

dp3

Starting Player
Have swung worth for yrs. But was considering swinging the new helmer green and orange . Does it compare to the worths as far as performance?

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
It doesnt IMO.
I had one, and really wanted to like it, but got rid of it after about 300 hits and a few games. Previously I had the Fulk Elite, and Freak 12 so I Figured Id give this a try since it was a short barrel too.
Bought a 2016 Watermelon and haven't looked back.

I liked the Baker alot more than the Helmer.

RaiderKit

Addicted to Softballfans
Bat is amazing. You can game it right out of the wrapper if you want and it gets hotter and hotter. Durable too. It is flat out awesome. IMO

4xtra

Player/Coach
Have swung worth for yrs. But was considering swinging the new helmer green and orange . Does it compare to the worths as far as performance?
I have seen some INSANE shots with it this past weekend at a tournament.
They were hitting 44/400's and they were coming off HOT as hell.
I gamed a Worth Connell and that Helmer was hanging with it in terms of exit speed.

Last edited:

dp3

Starting Player
I have seen some INSANE shots with it this past weekend at a tournament.
They were hitting 44/400's but they were coming off HOT as hell.
I gamed a Worth Connell and that Helmer was hanging with it in terms of exit speed.
I got a Helmer on the way cant wait to swing it

THESHOE

Starting Player
If you can handle the feel and smaller sweetspot etc...

This bat gets stupid stupid good when you ride it to 800+ and beyond, gameable at 300/400ish imo, but when it gets up there at 800ish it gets seriously good. I gave up on mine cause the small barrel wasn't for me. I put about 1000 overall in a Bal Worth EST after that.

Teammate of mine bought it and keeps working away at it.

My other buddy who unwrapped his at the same time as mine, has similar power and distance to me, kept at his Helmer and it totally hangs with my EST. I can take his and hit just as far. I just find it less forgiving and not a huge fan of the load.

This has me looking to buy a very well hit Baker 2017 or looking at the 2018 Balanced Fire Flex now.

Verdict is, takes more work than a Miken/Worth, but it will hang down the line. Durability remains to be seen. Will be hard to beat ST100h for that.

FWIW - We hit 52/300 almost exclusively here. Initial 200~ hits we'll mix 44 & 40 Cor (375/400) type Gray and Gold Dot Worth balls then after we stick to the 52/300 Hot Dots to keep them durable and passing compression.

I wouldn't quite say gamer out of wrap, while certainly not a turd like past Eastons out of wrap, it took a few hundred to really get to comparable pop of a Miken/Worth out of wrap IMHO. But it just gets nicer and nicer when you do.

I wish I had known to put work on a Baker all year, but discovered the Balanced big barrel thing was my jam too far along in the season and the EST was just too good for me.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a girl on my coed team who hit a 11" ASA ball out on a 315' field using my 27.5 helmer. The bat has around 300 hits.

dp3

Starting Player
Got my Helmer in today 28.5 hope to swing it saturday.

dp3

Starting Player
Went and put around 60 hits on mine off of a tee and it felt really good. Im excited to get it going I can tell its going to be hott
I loved the crisp crack when the ball comes off of it

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone here swing both the 16 and 17 Helmer? I have a 16 black/chrome Helmer with a receipt that expires in December and I don't know if I want to send it in for warranty. It might be better to buy a 17 with how cheap they are, for sure I don't mind owning both

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
my helmer opened up very nicely pretty early on. My baker, not so much. The baker has about 400 swings and is still really stiff with a more ping than crack sound. Anybody else experience this?

THESHOE

Starting Player
17 is hotter IMO but small barrel

16 I prefer the big barrel, and it got quite good esp as it was breaking and cracking... But, I thought the Green was better and quicker.

Will be nice to have the big barrel option again next year in the Fire Flex. IMO the EL should exist in both. Maybe not as "Helmers" but they both have their place in the lineup.

Anyone here swing both the 16 and 17 Helmer? I have a 16 black/chrome Helmer with a receipt that expires in December and I don't know if I want to send it in for warranty. It might be better to buy a 17 with how cheap they are, for sure I don't mind owning both

bird25

34/30 Club #25
my helmer opened up very nicely pretty early on. My baker, not so much. The baker has about 400 swings and is still really stiff with a more ping than crack sound. Anybody else experience this?

My helmer has a much better sound than the Baker right now but distance is very close.

Hoping the baker gets hotter once it gets a bit more broken in and the sound changes. Can’t wait to see one of these when they are fully ready

D-ROCK13

Finally got to hit my 17 helmer flex warranty return. Very impressed I must admit, especially for a Easton straight out of the wrapper. Sweet spot is a little smaller than the combats I'm used to hitting, but definitely got better after 75 hits or so. Hit it on the screws and look out, this bat has an amazing crack sound, and excellent exit speed. This tct flex tech has to be related to combat tech, they feel and sound a lot alike imho

D-ROCK13

Helmer update... Around 125 hits and absolutely love this bat. Best feeling Easton I've swung imho. Several guys on my team swung it last night and now they're all in search of one, 4 balls were smashed out with it including 2 grand slams. Too bad none of them were mine lol Only complaint is the end load is a little too small , and wish I waited on a 28.5

4xtra

Player/Coach
Helmer update... Around 125 hits and absolutely love this bat. Best feeling Easton I've swung imho. Several guys on my team swung it last night and now they're all in search of one, 4 balls were smashed out with it including 2 grand slams. Too bad none of them were mine lol Only complaint is the end load is a little too small , and wish I waited on a 28.5
I got a Helmer UTRIP on the way ...
I might do a review on it but I have to get JOKERS permission 1st

Z1k05

Star Player
The place that had the last of the 28.5s are all sold out now, wonder if I need to keep my last 28.5 in its wrapper for a bit

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish @milocoman could get this bat in here for an sbf exclusive. Even sweeter if Easton would get it to him at 250 retail since these things are shooting up on eBay at 350-400. I played my first tournament since my knee surgery this weekend and me and my leadoff love this bat.