Easton Senior bats

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Easton took a long time getting into the Sr. circuit. Their Sr. sticks are ok though IMO are not decently made in the quality and durability plans considering they are cheaply manufactured

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Wayner, I'm not surprised, maybe one day they'll get it right..?? Also, waiting on my ankle to fully heal from the surgery I had on Aug. 29th, haven't hit BP since May :( Hopefully, by January I'll be back? I'll be getting PT for 6 weeks 3X a week at Miramar or La Jolla starting next Monday.
See you out there brother, and Ed Jones wants me to run with his team, need to see what guys he has playing on this team.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
all this about Easton struggling with making a good Sr bat just baffles me.
Back 10+ years ago, the og Synergy, Flex, Extended were dang near sr bat performance when the broken in and lasted forever.
It's like engineers today refuse to build on success of their predecessors!
Hardest electrical engineering professor I ever had in college said "don't design something that has already been designed"

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Warlock, I been asking the same questions for years so I did a little research. It seems that the chemicals/material used to produce bats in the past are not available today. 1 would think just make the same bat you had that was successful already but Im hearing thats not so easy to do.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Never thought about that with regards to epoxies and "fiberglass". Over the years in manufacture of high tech electronics for govt and commercial, we certainly had our share of redesigns due to obsolescence. BUT, I also had many battles over engineers making changes just to justify their existence.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Never thought about that with regards to epoxies and "fiberglass". Over the years in manufacture of high tech electronics for govt and commercial, we certainly had our share of redesigns due to obsolescence. BUT, I also had many battles over engineers making changes just to justify their existence.
Send those Engineers this.... "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid!" LOL!!!
You guys remember when Miken had the HDD composites... It was made to last forever, however, the break-in period was like permanently... Yes, the new bat(s) materials are softer and how many layers they use in the process...

LT44

Addicted to Softballfans
Wayner, I'm not surprised, maybe one day they'll get it right..?? Also, waiting on my ankle to fully heal from the surgery I had on Aug. 29th, haven't hit BP since May :( Hopefully, by January I'll be back? I'll be getting PT for 6 weeks 3X a week at Miramar or La Jolla starting next Monday.
See you out there brother, and Ed Jones wants me to run with his team, need to see what guys he has playing on this team.

Hoping for you to have a speedy and complete recovery! Haven't heard much about Ed's team. I'm playing with Rawlings this year. Playing at BLD Perris this weekend. We should be very good in 2019!

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Thanks, looking forward to getting back 1000% and catching up with you. Good luck with Rawlings, No D&K..? So I've been doing my weights but only dumbbell work and dry swinging my bats between the sets while sitting on the bench...

lb16

the natural
Warlock, I been asking the same questions for years so I did a little research. It seems that the chemicals/material used to produce bats in the past are not available today. 1 would think just make the same bat you had that was successful already but Im hearing thats not so easy to do.
Technology is there just look at basically every other bat manufacturer out there except Easton. We can all thank Dudley for getting the other manufacturers to follow suit.

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
Send those Engineers this.... "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid!" LOL!!!
You guys remember when Miken had the HDD composites... It was made to last forever, however, the break-in period was like permanently... Yes, the new bat(s) materials are softer and how many layers they use in the process...
Companies are in the business to sell bats so the days of a bat the will last forever are all but gone like the old Easton 2 return policy and Plasma TV's. If they dont break most players wont buy another bat.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Dudley set the tone with the Dudley Lightning - the problem was this - the bat got very hot and the bat was very durable- Dudley made no money off that run - the Dudley 2.0 very hot and less durable - then the dudley Lift - not very hot with good durability - Now the Dudley HOT - very hot and a bit fragile - thats exactly what they are looking for .. I loved my 2 Dudley Hot 2 - piece bats but we just inked a deal with Adidas - and in my opinion - they are the best SR bats out there, thats why we turned down Easton, Miken/Worth , and TPS.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Because its true. Its All I swing when in Florida and where I play its the number 1 brand used. I have hit some foolish shots with the orange 12 inch.
How is the durability on the Adidas Sr ?
I was told by many that they are the REAL DEAL for Sr leagues

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Companies are in the business to sell bats so the days of a bat the will last forever are all but gone like the old Easton 2 return policy and Plasma TV's. If they dont break most players wont buy another bat.

It has unfolded into the sales/marketing mantra of NIKE Just do it to everything every 6 months. It's newer, better, bells and whistles etc... ;)

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
4, Its all relative to how many swings a month you put on them. Like just about any other bat if your one of those guys that breaks bats regularly the Adidas is on the better end of the durability scale. If yer a normal swing speed guy they can last quite a while

4xtra

Player/Coach
4, Its all relative to how many swings a month you put on them. Like just about any other bat if your one of those guys that breaks bats regularly the Adidas is on the better end of the durability scale. If yer a normal swing speed guy they can last quite a while

I was thinking about playing senior this year (I am 47) and they have 40+ senior leagues here
and I was thinking about getting the Adidas but there are Utrip and ASA bats that are just as hot
WHEN they are broken in but I love durability.

Senior leagues here use 44/375's and any 17, 18 and 19 will hit those well.

FYI......
For BP
I have been using the
Easton L6, (Very broken in and nice and has a great feel)
USL4
Omega Phenix
Ronin Dually (This is a VERY underrated bat and KILLS 52's BTW)
and they are ALL killing them 44's

Semmy

Addicted to Softballfans
I still play quite a bit, just been AFK for a long time since my son came along. bats have changed quite a bit since the SCN3 and SCX3 lines which were the best bats in some time. Easton dropped off quite a bit from 2007-2017 making mostly garbage while allowing LS, Worth and Miken back in the game. last few years Easton have come back to the forefront on the USSSA market.

Miken have always produced solid senior bats, and since they have somewhat amalgamated with Worth it's no real surprise they are leading the charge. Finally got to hit a Melee when I broke my '15 Legit Senior 3 weeks before Vegas (F***) which was very disappointing as it only had 300 swings on it.

currently have 3x LS Z3000 EL, an OG FF EL, OG Freak100 and OG Freak+ so I won't be short of bats down there. Picked up a USSSA Helmer Blue Line hitting at a baseball diamond last week and it hit the longest shots of the night between 5 of us. Have shelved all of my other toys into retirement...

I'm hoping the Helmer Sr is along the same quality as the Blue Line as it was made in same year and same barrell length. Can't understand why the FireFlex line is so durable in USSSA and straight gas after 500 swings, but the senior bats only marginally outperform the USSSA lines and break in 1/4 of the time.

So that said, two of my Z3000 EL are probably testing <180 so they'll be coming with me to Vegas, plus the Blue Line, OG FF and my new Helmer. as long as I can fit them all in the bag :)

I'll report in on the Helmer if I can BP it before we depart.

lb16

the natural
Besides the senior bats, are you guys allowed to use ASA & U-trip bats in your leagues & tournaments?
Most senior sanctioned tournaments you can swing USSSA bats the only ASA bats you can use are the ones that have the BPF rating of 1.20 or lower can you use. The newer ASA bats don't have the BPF rating on them even though they are lower the the 1.21 standard for senior bats they are not on the approved bat list.