Easton Tantrum line up

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Been seeing and hearing so much about the 1 piece Tantrum .
I've really been a big 1 piece fan so I picked up the pink 2 piece Motherload .
After about 150 swings it hit a new level of 🔥🔥

If you can't find a 1 piece don't sleep on the 2 piece . I've heard they're equally as hot it's just the 2 piece takes slightly more time to break in.
I picked up a used 1 piece to compare just waiting on it to arrive

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Hot bats but don't even think about them passing compression. Most reviews have them failing quickly or even when brand new.

jhitman

I heard they will have some back in stock around January. Because of the quick failing they may change it a bit so it doesn't fail so quickly. I was waiting for them to come back in stock, but am leaning towards the Vice Genesis now.....just as hot if not better and doesn't fail.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I heard they will have some back in stock around January. Because of the quick failing they may change it a bit so it doesn't fail so quickly.

I'm just waiting for the "first batch" rumours and dummies paying $500 for "OG" Tantrums...

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm just waiting for the "first batch" rumours and dummies paying $500 for "OG" Tantrums...
Agreed. This will be nuts at some point. Another ridiculous "unicorn" of a bat that people feel they can't live without.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I picked up a used 1 piece to compare to my Pink 2 piece . My area doesn't compression so didn't care because I mostly just play league nowadays .

Damn it's 🔥I already want another one lol

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Apparently the 1-piece isn't available up here in Canada, guys are spending mortgage payments to get them shipped up. And we only hit .52/275 Hot Dots, bats don't even make a noticeable difference.

Meanwhile I'm still chugging along with my 2012 Salvo Comp100 that I bought for $20. :cool:

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
That 1-piece is just built different. I have the 12 inch Tantrum in 27oz. Lot of weight in the handle and swings a little heavy because of that. My buddy has a 26oz 1-piece Tantrum and it swings more like a 26.5. Better weighting than my 27oz.

But you cannot miss the sweet spot on that 1-piece. Never swung a bat like that. Its different than all other bats. I put it up against my Cotton Candy 3 Genesis. The farthest balls went to the Geny, but only by 5 -10 feet I'd say. But the 1-piece Tantrum I could hit more quantity of far balls. When the 1-piece is back in stock I'm definitely getting one. Gonna part ways with the 12" Tantrum.

jhitman

I will never pay that price or even full price for a bat. I usually wait until the companies are clearing inventories and find some great bargains. The last 2 bats I bought were both originally $300+ and got each one for $149. It pays to wait and be patient.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will never pay that price or even full price for a bat. I usually wait until the companies are clearing inventories and find some great bargains. The last 2 bats I bought were both originally $300+ and got each one for $149. It pays to wait and be patient.
Easton isn't flooding the market like they used to. Those tantrums may not ever be as cheap as their main lines or the old ones.

I bought the st1z art composite for cheap. That may have to do me for awhile. If you need a 240 but they didn't test these should still get to where the tantrum is. They'll just need more swings.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Easton isn't flooding the market like they used to. Those tantrums may not ever be as cheap as their main lines or the old ones.

I bought the st1z art composite for cheap. That may have to do me for awhile. If you need a 240 but they didn't test these should still get to where the tantrum is. They'll just need more swings.

SIS has a LOT of Easton 240s VERY cheap right now. This will probably be a good winter for bat buying.

jhitman

Actually I would prefer to get a bat that fails or a 220 bat. They don't test in our local leagues so we can use most anything with the exception of senior bats. I have hunted around for 220 bats and they are hard to find. I know the Tantrum is borderline failing so that's why I was trying to get one if they ever get them back in stock.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually I would prefer to get a bat that fails or a 220 bat. They don't test in our local leagues so we can use most anything with the exception of senior bats. I have hunted around for 220 bats and they are hard to find. I know the Tantrum is borderline failing so that's why I was trying to get one if they ever get them back in stock.
You swing a 27? I have a red fireflex 3 I think.

You weren't the guy looking for the 10" were you? I couldn't find that old thread.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
SIS has a LOT of Easton 240s VERY cheap right now. This will probably be a good winter for bat buying.
I got the st1z for 80 and it's back up to 90 I think. It'll probably come back down at least for black Friday.

jhitman

You swing a 27? I have a red fireflex 3 I think.

You weren't the guy looking for the 10" were you? I couldn't find that old thread.
I swing a 26 ounce bat. I was not the guy looking for the 10" I like the Vice Genesis as well as the 1 piece Tantrum. I would have bought the Vice, but the price is still too high. I'm hoping they will lower it later in the year.

jhitman

They have been out of stock for a while now. I don't understand Easton and maybe a bat rep from Easton can chime in on this. They have a great bat that 10-15 people I know want to buy and they don't have it in stock for this long of a period of time. By the time this bat gets back in stock a lot of people may have moved on to another bat. I had a business when I worked and this is NOT the way to succeed. They are missing out on thousands of dollars by not having this bat in stock. Maybe they are doing the best they can and manufacturing is just slow? I have moved on to the new 1 piece Genesis as it looks to be a real winner and it's actually in stock.....what a concept@$#%^%

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
They have been out of stock for a while now. I don't understand Easton and maybe a bat rep from Easton can chime in on this. They have a great bat that 10-15 people I know want to buy and they don't have it in stock for this long of a period of time. By the time this bat gets back in stock a lot of people may have moved on to another bat. I had a business when I worked and this is NOT the way to succeed. They are missing out on thousands of dollars by not having this bat in stock. Maybe they are doing the best they can and manufacturing is just slow? I have moved on to the new 1 piece Genesis as it looks to be a real winner and it's actually in stock.....what a concept@$#%^%

Easton had all sorts of Tantrums for sale at USSSA worlds in Viera a few weeks ago. $220 each. Every other Easton they had was $99.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Miken did the same thing with the Riley. They seemed to cut production four months too early. I realize it's a balancing act, but you never want empty shelves because you never know how many sales you missed.

jhitman

Miken did the same thing with the Riley. They seemed to cut production four months too early. I realize it's a balancing act, but you never want empty shelves because you never know how many sales you missed.
I know at least 10 players that are trying to get the bat for our senior league. They don't allow us to use senior bats and this seems to be the next best thing. IMO Easton has really dropped the ball..........

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I know at least 10 players that are trying to get the bat for our senior league. They don't allow us to use senior bats and this seems to be the next best thing. IMO Easton has really dropped the ball..........

You might just look for a good 220 or something. Still plenty of them around, and they're cheap.

jhitman

You might just look for a good 220 or something. Still plenty of them around, and they're cheap.
I prefer the 220 like you said. I can't seem to find very many unless I go to Ebay. Most want way too much money for them since you can't get them any longer.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure if you guys saw but Easton restocked the 1 piece Tantrums....26oz sold out quick but 25oz are still available .
Played a pick up game Thanksgiving Morning. Let a few guys swing my 25oz that oreded 26 and said they wished they ordeded a 25oz instead

jhitman

Not sure if you guys saw but Easton restocked the 1 piece Tantrums....26oz sold out quick but 25oz are still available .
Played a pick up game Thanksgiving Morning. Let a few guys swing my 25oz that oreded 26 and said they wished they ordeded a 25oz instead
I heard they sold out in 15 minutes. They are now available for pre-order AGAIN.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought a fab 4 Clark last fall when they were 99 because I was tired of playing against dudes all swinging the same bar that was probably around 205. I swung a 240 in the one league game I played before I broke my hand, and to end the year we play in a charity tourney that was 220. I took a few tee cuts, and at about 40 it's webbed up all around. They'll be tough to beat if you can swing 220 and like Easton's.