Economy Built Around the Softball Bat

dunkky

in my opinion, i think these ordin, amped, doggy bats are repaint of demon, rebellion, awakening. Honestly..

Protectyaneck

I think the real value is in the durability. They’re really hard to break. Hard to say that about the other companies, in today’s arms race to sell the hottest, game ready out of the wrapper bats. But a lot people I know love the cost effectiveness of the warranty-driven, 2-for-1 bat process. To each their own.

I definitely don’t support the $350+ resell market, and the shady raffle business. FB is a weird place.

I paid 250 for the Pitbull and 180 for a used Warlock. Good bats that will last several seasons and tons of BP. No regrets.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
You guys have obviously never swung an Avarice or a well broken-in Antivirus.

which year/model?

Combat Avarice was 2012, I think it may have been Combat's first thumbprint USSSA model. They got crapped on for spiraling and cracking early (~800 swings) but they were ridiculous out of the wrapper.

Antivirus was 2008ish. They were good out of the wrapper and just kept breaking in and getting hotter and hotter. They lasted for thousands of swings and probably shouldn't have passed ASA testing. If you like your 10" Fire Flex, you should get your hands on a used Antivirus; they had an 11" barrel and the sweetspot was close to the endcap.

BigCO9

in my opinion, i think these ordin, amped, doggy bats are repaint of demon, rebellion, awakening. Honestly..

On SIS it says the Odin, Humble, Amped, & Pitbull are the same tech as the Demon. I guess their USSSA bats are new 2020 technology though.

Hagen49

The funniest thing to be is the insane raffle/resell on the custom Pure bats, when Pure is known for their paint chipping issues. That is insane to me.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The funniest thing to be is the insane raffle/resell on the custom Pure bats, when Pure is known for their paint chipping issues. That is insane to me.

I don't really get it either. I mean, 220 is 220. All bats made from all manufacturers adhere to the same threshold. Anymore, what really makes one company better? Why do Pures sell for so damn much money? They aren't going to perform noticeably better than any other bat.

You can literally buy last year's closeout bats (from several manufacturers) for $139 that'll perform every bit as well as current models. At this point I figure that any price deviations in bats must be based solely on personal preference. It sure isn't on performance (they're all good) or durability (they all suck).

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
Combat Avarice was 2012, I think it may have been Combat's first thumbprint USSSA model. They got crapped on for spiraling and cracking early (~800 swings) but they were ridiculous out of the wrapper.

Antivirus was 2008ish. They were good out of the wrapper and just kept breaking in and getting hotter and hotter. They lasted for thousands of swings and probably shouldn't have passed ASA testing. If you like your 10" Fire Flex, you should get your hands on a used Antivirus; they had an 11" barrel and the sweetspot was close to the endcap.

the 2012-13 combats were silly. but that compression disc was a horrible design. i don't know if the usssa bats had them. we hit DBA's for asa and i'd put an orange DBA up against todays bats for the first 500 swings all day with 52's. (after 500 swings no self respecting ump would allow a bat that sounded like that)

ShortYellowBus

The Hype, Lazer Show, Torch Light, and FP Torchbearers are just receiving delivery of the year long wait list. Predictably $400 immediate resales. Double the money.

Are Monsta just producing bats for the reps and FB admins to raffle?

Protectyaneck

400? The rep I go through told me he’s got the new bats for 250.

If people are shelling out 400 for 22-24 oz bats that don’t have a warranty, I think that’s hilarious.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Is there some weird niche market for ASA only bats I'm not aware of? Some of those Anarchy ASA bats are going for ridiculous amounts too.

Every ASA bat I own was $99 or less NIW.

ShortYellowBus

Is there some weird niche market for ASA only bats I'm not aware of? Some of those Anarchy ASA bats are going for ridiculous amounts too.

Every ASA bat I own was $99 or less NIW.
The bat market I speak of is on Facebook. It’s easy right now to find the 23oz Monsta Hype’s for $400.

There’s a heck of a lot more idiots on Facebook.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
If people were really that horny for 23-24oz bats, why not shop for clearance FP bats?

dunkky

it's not that they dig light bats. they were spelled to believe what comes out of Carl's mouth. if he said light bats are good, then it's good for them regardless how the bat perform. One guy said, he tried hype and conclude it's a nice line drive bat. LOL there's no such thing as good line drive bat. it either perform or don't perform. WTF is line drive bat. Oh, it's nice hard ground bat, no, it's nice fly ball bat, anything they can come up so they don't get kicked out or fanboys come after him.

Mass vs bat speed, there's a chart anyone can look and find a happy medium, not because some bat maker pretend to be a scientist said it is.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
BTW, I saw 2 of those Bud Light Anarchy bats last night while umping league. I asked a guy how much he paid. $270! That's absolutely absurd. Even sadder was that neither guy could hit for crap.

Its always the worst hitters who are willing to listen to hype and drink the "hot bat" Kool Aid.

I never see Monstas anymore. I used to occasionally, but those days are over.

jhitman

We had a BP with 3 of us the other day and one of the guys had a new Bud Light bat. It was hitting pretty well but we were hitting the better softballs. Also another buddy had the Flip as well as the Pit Bull. The Flip was crushing the ball but again this was with the better softballs not the 52's. The next test when we hit next time do any of these bats hit the 52's well. We used the better softballs because all of the bats were new so wanted to break them in quickly.

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm on the Anarchy bandwagon. They remind me of the OG Extendeds/Flex's. A bit of a tank when new but launch the ball once broken in and last longer than the new hot out of the wrapper bats being produced. Swung a teammates Rebellion and I liked it enough to pick up a Demon when they were still new. Picked up a couple more since then too. I still swing Miken for UTRIP but just about sold off most my ASA stuff for Anarchys. No bat is worth what some people pay for them on FB and I'd never touch a Monsta but Anarchys suit me.

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....
I'm on the Anarchy bandwagon. They remind me of the OG Extendeds/Flex's. A bit of a tank when new but launch the ball once broken in and last longer than the new hot out of the wrapper bats being produced. Swung a teammates Rebellion and I liked it enough to pick up a Demon when they were still new. Picked up a couple more since then too. I still swing Miken for UTRIP but just about sold off most my ASA stuff for Anarchys. No bat is worth what some people pay for them on FB and I'd never touch a Monsta but Anarchys suit me.

I have a **** ton of bats. Anarchy, Monsta, Miken, Worth, and Easton. I honestly seem to get the same distance with everything. I really don’t see much performance difference between any of them.

dunkky

I have a **** ton of bats. Anarchy, Monsta, Miken, Worth, and Easton. I honestly seem to get the same distance with everything. I really don’t see much performance difference between any of them.

You speak the fact. Just curious what kind of hitter are you? Power hitter? Line drive hitter? Hitter with occasional power to clear the fence.