End Cap fix without warranty

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a used J2 (craigslist) a few months ago and blew the end cap out of it last night. The end cap didn't just come out, but actually broke. Chunks of the end cap are still in the barrel while the bulk of the end cap went flying down the first base line.

Anyway, I did a search and a lot of guys are saying they sent their bats to DeMarini to get them fixed. I'm wondering if this is something that falls specifically within their "one year warranty", or if it's something they will do in general.

Sad thing is...this is the newer and less used of my two J2s. I've had the 26oz through several seasons. I've only swung the 27 in a couple of games...

Will B

DeMarini Nation
Call Customer service and ask them if they can help you. If they have any of those endcaps in stock, they more than likely will have you send it in and replace it for you. Be nice and appreciative, it goes a long way with them. 800-937-2287.

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the help so far. I just got off the phone with them and was told they have no more of the end caps for this bat so they will not be able to replace it. Still, CS was helpful and understood what I was asking, which seems to be a rarity in CS these days.

nate d.'8to5

Addicted to Softballfans
Swing your old one till it snaps then switch it onto 27oz. or try to find someone with a broken one already, either legend or juggy have same end cap

JuiceyJay

Three Six Mafia
Different caps. Juggy has straight fins, j2 has fins with a twist. Just looked at my two bats side to side. Will they fit into each other? No clue.

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
I actually took a closer look at it last night, and the end cap is probably 99% intact if not 100%. The material I thought was chunks of the end cap was actually just the way the resin/epoxy looked in the dark. I should be able to fix this using the current end cap and some new epoxy.

Thanks for all the ideas and PMs. I really appreciate the help on this.