Endload of the J3A

sirsmackalot

Softball Bombassador
People in this Demarini group have been saying the J3A is pretty endloaded for a composite. That being said, how does the J3A endload compare to a White Steel? About the same? Less? I love my 2010 White Steel (Maroon) which has the perfect endload for me so I'm hoping the J3A has a similar endload to my Steel. I have yet to find a composite bat that has a White Steel endload.

nate d.'8to5

Addicted to Softballfans
i couldnt tell my j3a had any endload at all until i swung it back to back with my og juggy and j2 which have no endload

78071097-4F5E-4BA3-A00F-A23F74DBCE5B-18871-00000F4FA1027761_zps94820efd.jpg

Slightly shorter j2 is 28oz other is 26 oz
Juice and j3a are 27oz
I had and liked the 28oz OG white steel till the handle broke
This was best I could do for comparing .. The green catty I have is balanced or even handle weighted by my reckoning and the old viper is = to max load OG psycho or el z1000 ... Not in performance of course but in balance / endload

Honestly most of the so called endloaded Demarini's I've held feel like they r weighted at the connection peice , I really wish they would make one that was balanced like el Z ! Or like a old Jeff hall reload !!
I feel like I get better power in my bat whip with lighter but more EL bat ..
But that's just me .. I love my demar's !! But I've yet to have one besides the old 28oz steel that I would consider EL

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly most of the so called endloaded Demarini's I've held feel like they r weighted at the connection peice , I really wish they would make one that was balanced like el Z ! Or like a old Jeff hall reload !!
I feel like I get better power in my bat whip with lighter but more EL bat ..
But that's just me .. I love my demar's !! But I've yet to have one besides the old 28oz steel that I would consider EL

Then pick up a 28oz j3a and get back to me about endload ijs the 27 has nothing on the 28 endload wise

SouthernSwing

Off the bench...for now..
I agree I have a 27 J3A and it has very little endload. Not even close to my CF3.

Have you tried a 34/26 CF3? It's the most endloaded Demarini I have ever swung personally.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree I have a 27 J3A and it has very little endload. Not even close to my CF3.

Have you tried a 34/26 CF3? It's the most endloaded Demarini I have ever swung personally.

YES^^ I owned a 25oz and it was very endloaded as well.

Anyone know how the 26oz Swagger compares to these as far as endloaded-ness? I have heard different opinions

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 28 when it first came out and to me it felt like a sledgehammer. I traded it and now i have a 27 which feels just like a slight endload to me compared to the 28 i had before. I like heavy endloaded bats but in lighter weights. The 28 just felt heavy overall because of the endload imo

Then pick up a 28oz j3a and get back to me about endload ijs the 27 has nothing on the 28 endload wise

Dude I'm 5'8" in shoes and 180 pounds lol balanced 28's and me do well , I perfer to drop to 26oz if they r like OG max load psychos ..
I use ALOT wrist in my swing .. Lota years swinging a end loaded 28oz Framing hammer lol
Weird how the company's across the board can't keep equal balance in the diff weights .. Just my 2 cents man

nate d.'8to5

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the end cap used on the new models have something to do with the endload feel. Also havent noticed any significant endload on a j3a, but havent picked up a 28 either.
Isnt there a similar weighting difference with the legend, cartel, and s.one?

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
26 - balanced
27 - slight endload
28 - huge endload
30 - slight endload
Not sure about the rest but my 26oz feels super lite (balanced) so would have to agree with this.. as a matter of fact 25.84 i believe is the actual.Does anyone have an actual weight on 27oz?

is that a 28?

my 27's are about the opposite, j3u is way more endloaded than j3a

Top of pic is 27oz bass juiced
Then 28oz j2u
26 oz j2u
27oz j3a
Kinda hard to really balance them on the table edge cAuse of steep taper at the conction peice .. Wanted to put my 26 oz miken Viper up with them but I let my BP partner take it the day before lol

MPT23

Putting on the foil
People in this Demarini group have been saying the J3A is pretty endloaded for a composite. That being said, how does the J3A endload compare to a White Steel? About the same? Less? I love my 2010 White Steel (Maroon) which has the perfect endload for me so I'm hoping the J3A has a similar endload to my Steel. I have yet to find a composite bat that has a White Steel endload.

I'm assumimg you are refering to asa bats. If not, you need to get a juice.

SDMike

Addicted to Softballfans

I dry swung 27 and 28 ounce in a store and right away noticed significant difference. The 27 is slight endload, almost balanced. The 28 has a full endload. I like endload so ordered a 28 and glad I did. Taking the Demarini grip off and the layer of tape underneath the grip lightened it somewhat. Did single layer of tape and knobcuff and now swing weight is similar to my 28 ounce RD. It still feels slightly more endloaded than the RD, but nothing major. If you like White Steel type endload try 28 J3A or Swagger.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Top of pic is 27oz bass juiced
Then 28oz j2u
26 oz j2u
27oz j3a
Kinda hard to really balance them on the table edge cAuse of steep taper at the conction peice .. Wanted to put my 26 oz miken Viper up with them but I let my BP partner take it the day before lol

wow, didn't realize the j2u was so balanced. agree with the taper making it tough. the geezers are the worst, it's right at the connection, almost impossible to balance