Ever had this happen to you?

toddjohan

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly you have to expect it when you ask someone and you don't know what they are bringing to the table. Did the cut bat help your ball travel beyond the co-ed line?

bigcountry77

Addicted to Softballfans
i love it when guys come up to me and ask how much has been taken out, they dont believe me when i tell them its bone stock, you just have to swing hard.

Laoch

Bearded. Drunk. Dominant.
Them California boys are notorious for shaving, all the way back to the Califronia champs and Kelly Leak!

midnight89

Bat Huer
I've become too picky about my own stuff to go swing someone else's bat.

Many years ago (think way back to when guys started using composites regularly) a buddy had the team bat (Original Synergy) shaved and we all tried it out. It absolutely sucked (how ironic). The guy ruined a bat that would've been ridiculously hot on it's own. Eventually they got it right and eventually we would come to know shaved bats as the single biggest problem in today's game.

ZKissel15

Yeah a guy let me use his bat in a district tourney. The bat was shaved but nobody said anything to me before I used it. And I have to say I wasn't to upset I hit three homers that game.

bigdog2003

Addicted to Softballfans
You didnt know something was up with it just from the sounds alone? :confused:

First time I had ever played softball, I knew what a freak98 and Ultra 2 were from hearing people talk, but had no idea at the time that 2 composite bats sounded different.

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd be awful tempted to break it for him OP. Tell him to get a good swing if he wants to smash.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
All the internet tough guys make me lol. It wasn't that long ago this forum had an altered bat forum and at times it was more popular than the normal selling forum. Now all of a sudden everyone acts like you have to be satan himself to swing altered bats. I have had this happen to me in real. I hit what I thought was a line drive in the gap and the ball ended up going out be plenty. I wasn't hard to know it was a dirty one by the ball speed, I got to the bench and had a little talk with the guy who gave it to me. He apologized, the majority of bats around here are dirty so I guess he thought that it didn't really matter. Since then if someone offers to let me swing a bat I ask if its dirty or not, I mean I don't wanna swing something with only a half oz removed.

ljm1187

Manager
Our league test before the season. So everyone just gets them cut afterwards, then sells or trades them after the season. Most likely to you guys...

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
All the internet tough guys make me lol. It wasn't that long ago this forum had an altered bat forum and at times it was more popular than the normal selling forum. Now all of a sudden everyone acts like you have to be satan himself to swing altered bats. I have had this happen to me in real. I hit what I thought was a line drive in the gap and the ball ended up going out be plenty. I wasn't hard to know it was a dirty one by the ball speed, I got to the bench and had a little talk with the guy who gave it to me. He apologized, the majority of bats around here are dirty so I guess he thought that it didn't really matter. Since then if someone offers to let me swing a bat I ask if its dirty or not, I mean I don't wanna swing something with only a half oz removed.

Of course not!! lol:p

Jmartinez5668

Addicted to Softballfans
I would bet that every dugout has at least 3 shave bats ready to use!!
That simple every team uses shaves bats but the worst thing they complain and b!!!! About it when they see
The other team use shave bats. I have a shave bat. Who doesn't or swings it these days???? You have to level the field of playing!!!

Chilli_Dipper

Las3rSh0w
I would bet that every dugout has at least 3 shave bats ready to use!!
That simple every team uses shaves bats but the worst thing they complain and b!!!! About it when they see
The other team use shave bats. I have a shave bat. Who doesn't or swings it these days???? You have to level the field of playing!!!

You sit are a moron. Idk what's worse the hardship of trying to understand what that post said or you openly admitting the use and ownership of a shaved bat. I you think that levels the playing field the. You simply can't hit a ball that is tossed underhand

cyoung187

Coach
I would bet 40% of the used bats sold on here are cut

I sure ****ing hope not. I have bought many used on here, might be going back to niw only. I would be pretty pissed if a bat I bought on here broke, was shaved, and I get banned. So far I think I've busted 2 bats on here that were bought used, both were stock.

kgarrison3

Manager
This is why I only buy NIW. To many bitchs swing dirty now days. Its a game where you hit a ball coming about 12mph at you.. Its not that damn hard you shouldnt have to cheat!