Evil Special Blend ASA Review

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought I would put up a review as seeing no one has put one up yet

I ordered a dozen of these 2 weeks ago to use in a tournament with any legal bat except seniors. I ordered them May 9th and received them May 16th just in time to use them Saturday. I have been hitting for the past couple years X Rocks, Tattoos, Dudley's, Worth, and an occasional Demarini ball when we are forced to use them. Between the HOT, XT, and Special Blend.... I would take the Special Blend. Here's why: I really liked the HOT when I started using evil balls and they held up great until this Oklahoma heat came along. After It hit 85 outside these didn't perform as well as I liked, as does most 44/375 balls. The XT was my least liked of the group as it didn't hold up for to long before it started to feel softer faster then the HOT. After reading they blended down a 575 core material, not C.O.R., I was kind of intrigued thinking why don't they do this to begin with on any ball. After hitting these all day I came to the conclusion that these are going to stay in my bag for 44/375 tournaments. They held up great in 90+ heat and flew all day long. Not one of the balls ended up feeling any softer as when we started. No nicks or cuts were in the after banging the fences, trees, and roads all day long. I ended up only using about 3 or 4 balls for 7 games which isn't to bad considering the abuse they were taking. We were swing asa only bats and utrip bats and they held up fine to this ball.

qhendrix

Addicted to Softballfans
Bobby,
Can you compare/contrast these to the non-sanctioned micro-cell 44/375 balls in reference to performance, durability, and the influence of heat/humidity?
Thanks

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Non sanctioned ball is always going to out perform a certified ball in any condish. For ASA 44s the Special blends are truly the best you can get.