Exclusive Hype Train

Caddy

Manager
It seemed like this year had a lot of exclusives...ASP100, SBF CL22A, Future, LV1, LV2, RI Flex, a bunch of Canadian bats. And as always there's a lot of hype on all the exclusive bats. But did any of them live up to the hype?

Once Was

Addicted to Softballfans
I got suckered into buying a Future. Didn't like how it felt in BP but with all the positive reviews I thought maybe it was just me. LOL. The Cluggy loved it but can't find one for cheap.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
You forgot the z+ which is a nice bat and if re released again will guaranteed sell out at 299 a pop very quickly. LS2X composite is the goods.

pirates33

Addicted to Softballfans
Are they overhyped? Probably. They're the same as the regular bat with a little tweak (stiffness/endload) but most important feature in most peoples mind though is the word "exclusive". People tend to equate exclusive with better. I'll admit i have an LV2 did i buy it because of it being an exclusive? no, i'm just a fan of endloaded bats

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
I dunno. Just picked up a sick deal on a lv2 so we will see if it lives up to the hype. The al2 was ridiculous 80 hits out of the wrapper. So it it's close and gets better than watch out infielders lol

Mrboom

I have a 27oz l1 that I love but gets heavy on long days.. So I picked up a 26.5 Lv1 for when I get tired.

Had nothing to do with being an exclusive, just like having the lighter end load option with out dropping down to a true 26oz

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
**** NO!! New standard bat is a new standard bat.. how can this years and or an exclusive be any hotter than a bat already made to new standards? It can't... if it is hotter out of wrap then chances are it will blowup faster. Imo!

Pdpwally

Coach
the cad catty and the mad dawg (canadian releases) both mash. My cad catty will soon be on the same level as my well broken in OG Z

SDMike

Addicted to Softballfans
It seemed like this year had a lot of exclusives...ASP100, SBF CL22A, Future, LV1, LV2, RI Flex, a bunch of Canadian bats. And as always there's a lot of hype on all the exclusive bats. But did any of them live up to the hype?

Caddy,

I was tempted to try that CL22A other night. Let's BP it sometime, like to see how it feels compared to regular Juggy.

LC77

Manager
Cluggy= huge hype.
With quite a bit of bp (weird for new demar) it lives up to it.

I agree with you on this... The CL22ASA needs a lot of BP (IMO)...

I had a different experience. Didn't hear much hype or reviews about it. Swung one my buddy was bp'ing, and it was clean looking and on fire.
Coach hooked me up, and my 27 oz is really good after only 100 or so swings using Evil Rockets. Like so good I put down my broken-in Fu for it. Looking forward to more bp.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans

I'm pretty convinced that hype is inversely proportional to supply.

the more ppl that swing a bat, the less hype it will have. we should all know by now, it's all about preference. so the more ppl that swing a bat, the more ppl will NOT prefer it, and will be outspoken enough to keep the hype realistic.

if only a few ppl swing the bat, then their opinion starts to carry more weight, as there's fewer ppl to debate it. where it gets really bad is when one of those ppl really likes the bat, buys multiples to store, talks the bat up like crazy, continues to buy all the used ones they can, creating more demand. then ppl start to talk, and they want to sound cool too so they talk about how amazing it is. this all drives the prices up. and then since ppl are paying so much for the bats, even if they don't like them, they either convince themselves they do, or make comments like 'it's super hot but didn't fit my swing' so they can at least sell them for what the paid(or more).

I see it all the time with the Canadian bats. they are almost NEVER of any interest or demand here. they are sold CHEAPER than the regular bats usually. but in the states, every now and then you see the above cycle kick in and things get silly.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I generally don't buy into the hype, especially on exclusives. That's like saying "organic." Just means you're going to pay more. But, I couldn't pass on the Future. The specs were just too perfect (12" EL ASA Demarini in 26.5oz).

Not pushing the hype train yet. Need to put some more swings on it before I'll comment.

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both the DVS1 and green Titan were ridiculous. My work league team still has a green titan not broken in yet.

zuke 37

Star Player
THINK BEFORE YOU READ: remember that some of these reviews are written by bat salesmen and bet reps.

PLUS: what kind of accurate review could you get from a D or E or lower hitter (using the term HITTER loosely)

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: The best bat ever was the titanium typhoon by easton. when the assosiations banned them the
bat companies never said a word, other restrictions of other sorts were accompined with law suits.
i think the reason was once you got a tite you never never never never had to buy another bat in your life.
the miken ultra and some other composites hit better but broke down after a few seasons. everyone who ever got a tite
still has their bat and isn't giving it up.

ANOTHER THOUGHT: a few of the newer bats have the number 22 in their model number, is it just me but,

titanium's atomic periodic table number is 22. aah it's just me.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
THINK BEFORE YOU READ: remember that some of these reviews are written by bat salesmen and bet reps.

PLUS: what kind of accurate review could you get from a D or E or lower hitter (using the term HITTER loosely)

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: The best bat ever was the titanium typhoon by easton. when the assosiations banned them the
bat companies never said a word, other restrictions of other sorts were accompined with law suits.
i think the reason was once you got a tite you never never never never had to buy another bat in your life.
the miken ultra and some other composites hit better but broke down after a few seasons. everyone who ever got a tite
still has their bat and isn't giving it up.

ANOTHER THOUGHT: a few of the newer bats have the number 22 in their model number, is it just me but,

titanium's atomic periodic table number is 22. aah it's just me.

I got a NIW (tube) tiphoon and it didn't last me a month. I broke it at the Woodlawn hitting club (years ago) and while I'm hitting it and it makes this weird pop sound as I hit one. I feel the barrel and Pops44 (run the hit club) says "That's a ti you aren't going to break that thing". I look at it and there is a 4-5 inch split right down the middle of the barrel.

I JBwelded it (knew it wouldn't hold up) and sold it on ebay years ago.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
People are dumb they think that rare equals better. A lot of these bats are actually very good bats but people spending 500 on a Z+ is retarded. How can anything live up to the hype of being a 500 bat. All these bats are tested under the same standards. Anyone who thinks that any or these exclusives are somehow better than all the rest are wasting their money.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
People are dumb they think that rare equals better. A lot of these bats are actually very good bats but people spending 500 on a Z+ is retarded. How can anything live up to the hype of being a 500 bat. All these bats are tested under the same standards. Anyone who thinks that any or these exclusives are somehow better than all the rest are wasting their money.

This is so true. Yes, some composites might be better than other for the simple fact of mass production and dealing with composite molds. BUT very thing is under the same testing. So how can they be THAT much better? They can't. And think of it from a business stand point. You really think a company will change production for just a limited run bat?? Nope. Would cost way more than what they would make from the bat. Plain and simple. I always equate these guys that are spending 500+ on lack of skill. They will pay whatever to get an extra ten feet when in reality if you have a good swing there is little to no difference in performance when broken in. I have a well broken in z2k ri and I'd bet any amount of money I can hit as good with it as I could with a z+. It's just silly. But hey, maybe I'm just jealous I don't have that kind of money to just throw 500+ dollars away. I guess if money wasn't an issue I would maybe try one. Idk

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Future fit my swing nicely and has all stamps, I switched over but the bat isn't better than any other top of the line bat.