Facebook chat cliff notes

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
Hopefully I can get all the important info in here. Let me know if I miss something.

The question that I have is here:
What bat of yours instills most fear
I just play rec but online brag,
That I drop bombs, so help my swag.
I need one like the avarice
That thing sure did hit rods of...
I guess now what I really mean,
Is which one hits those lazer beams.
Or tasers or creatures like CD
You know softball is all about me
But seriously, I need some info Mr. Coop,
So I can sit back and work on my booowooop!

275 bats are geared for the low compression balls (52/275 and 52/300)

The 275 bats are all association bats. The new ASA standard will allow for a bat with a higher performance than the USSSA standard depending on weight. The 275 models are geared for balls that get soft in the heat, AKA ****ty balls as well as low compression/ HIgh core balls.

The new 275 bats in the Derby Boys and Wanted were specifically made for High Cor Low Compression Balls. They will be All Association Bats good for ASA, USSSA, NSA, and ISA.

The new ASA standard will allow for a bat that exceeds the BPF1.20 when you put some weight in her. There will be a huge difference beween old stamp and NEW stamp ASA.

The ASA only will have a higher performance than the 275. ASA only will only pass the New ASA test and Senior softball test. It fails all others. The 275 passes all associations.

Greg, I will answer your earlier question. We are not replacing old stamp bats with new stamp bats as they still can be used in most league play across the country in USSSA. I talked with almost all the Slowpitch directors at the USSSA convention and it looks liket most will be allowing old stamp bats in league play. This standard change has been announced over two years ago and we have been building to the new standards from when we were given the go ahead in September of 2011

the new ASA standard will go over 1.20 before it breaks ... i would not think it gets completly to 1.21 --- 1.21 is above a senior bat. the test for senior is really 1.204999999999. -- a 1.205 in testing will not get approved.

we have not really gotten shorter barrels we are just honest in what we call them. We look at many competitors bats ad what they call 13 " we call 12" barrel -- we have talked about starting to measure ours like theres/

The WANTED models have a super stiff handle--- way stiffer than the Spiked had this year

We will also be coming out with a two new Senior bats --- The Dirty-- available only at ****** ultimate sports and The "ZOOMER" Jeff Wallace signature series Senior bat. Yes great news to all you pitchers Zoom will be playing some senior ball this summer

The actual Lab test is not a good standard for durability as they roll them after every round. The bat must break before Exceeding BPF1.20. If it goes over BPF.1.20 before breaking the bat construction does not get certified. In field testing we have seen numbers like this.. Combatants --- 200-500 swings -- Avarice 100 to 300 swings --- Derby 275 1,200 to 2,000 swings. WANTED 1,400 TO 2,000 SWINGS ... Now thats the Derby monkeys swinging ... so for me the Wanted will probably last till I retire. COOP

Bobby - new roller bags and new back packs just came in -- Derby Life bag line.

All taem buy in packages that include Uniforms will need to be in by January 15th.

ASA only stamped bats are good with any ball.... the will hit your rolled up socks.

classic M will work great with WANTED OR wanted 275 --- or Derby 275

Hacker did not meet the min. required weight ... we are looking into a Hacker T-ball bat know that he is going to be a proud Poppa

For all you new Derby Life Advisory Members. You will be updated as soon as we have our Staff filled by probably a couple different people. You will be assigned a Derby Life Contact from one of Factory Staff Members and also to the Sales Rep in your Territory. They may ask for your assistance in Demo Nights and Testing of Products.

Jason - your suppose to play outfield --- SALAD only at the steakhouse.

ASA only bats are sheduled to launch before Christmas.

completly different feel than anything in the past is my opinion. The wanted has a Stiffer handle than our one piece. You will have to hit to compare.

The new bats will only go to 28 oz. MOI is high on them though. I wish 30 was available too.

The wanted 275 and WANTED 28 has a higher MOI than are old 30fl

Did I miss anything?

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Great stuff, monger. Thanks!

So quick question because I haven't really read that much on the Wanted line...in my NSA league that went to a 52/300 ball last year, the Wanted 275 would be the optimal bat, correct? Would it be better for that ball than the Avarice?

Also, explain this statement: "The new ASA standard will allow for a bat that exceeds the BPF1.20 when you put some weight in her. There will be a huge difference beween old stamp and NEW stamp ASA." Is this saying that the performance for the new ASA bats will exceed my AVs?

Pardon the dumb questions.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew

So quick question because I haven't really read that much on the Wanted line...in my NSA league that went to a 52/300 ball last year, the Wanted 275 would be the optimal bat, correct? Would it be better for that ball than the Avarice?

Also, explain this statement: "The new ASA standard will allow for a bat that exceeds the BPF1.20 when you put some weight in her. There will be a huge difference beween old stamp and NEW stamp ASA." Is this saying that the performance for the new ASA bats will exceed my AVs?

Yes to the first, possibly to the second.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff

I would say yes to both.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
Better than the Avarice, huh? Hmmm...

My ASA league is sticking with the 44/375. Going to be hard to put down a well broken-in AV for anything else.

NDshotokan did for a spiked 98 to the old asa standard. Imagine what the new asa standard will be like.............

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
NDshotokan did for a spiked 98 to the old asa standard. Imagine what the new asa standard will be like.............

This is true and is why I'm so jacked for the Wanted 98. It sounds like it's a whole new playing field in ASA.

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
I feel "dooped" on the buy in then. Unlimited returns on bats that last that long. I thought they were going to be Avarice durability and be returning a bat every other week.

I guess I can save money on shipping now.

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
What is the DB ASA going to look like? We've got a red, a yellow, a blue...I'm hoping for green. :)

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Can you clarify this statement?

Also, explain this statement: "The new ASA standard will allow for a bat that exceeds the BPF1.20 when you put some weight in her.

Are you saying that as the weight of a bat goes up, its performance will go up as well? It sounds like you are basically saying if you can swing a higher weight bat to do so.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I might have missed this, but has anyone heard how the Wanted 275's perform with other balls? I don't want to buy a bat that is only good with certain stuff.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Also, explain this statement: "The new ASA standard will allow for a bat that exceeds the BPF1.20 when you put some weight in her.

Are you saying that as the weight of a bat goes up, its performance will go up as well? It sounds like you are basically saying if you can swing a higher weight bat to do so.

hasnt that always been the case? :confused:

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I might have missed this, but has anyone heard how the Wanted 275's perform with other balls? I don't want to buy a bat that is only good with certain stuff.
If it's like other manufacturers I'd think that performance would be OK (though not as good as with the straight ASA), but durability will be severely compromised.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Why is it that you'll be going with the Derby Boys ASA, HH? Difference between it and the Wanted ASA?
I prefer the feel of a stiffer handle...I'm not a big fan of the Spiked. But after hearing that the Wanted is supposed to have a stiffer handle than the DB I think I'm just going to have to get both (well, all 6).

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
I prefer the feel of a stiffer handle...I'm not a big fan of the Spiked. But after hearing that the Wanted is supposed to have a stiffer handle than the DB I think I'm just going to have to get both (well, all 6).

I am shocked about the part in bold. :eek::D

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
He likes the gear/1-piece line is my guess...

although it was stated that the wanted is a very stiff handled two piece...hmmmm decisions

Exactly. For me, the OGGS was the perfect bat. Stiff handle, minimal feedback w/ gear tech, soft barrel, nice endload, no break in needed. Even has the small knob that I like. Only thing I might have wanted different would be a slightly shorter barrel, but that's it. I don't care about durability...it took me over two years to bust it, over 3500 swings. It was one of 3 bats I wouldn't let anyone else swing (others being my B1 gamer and the VFP that blew up last year).