Failed Compression Test Question

Addicted to Softballfans
You removed the paint? Thought I had a chance to pick up a 30oz RD on the cheap :(
LOL

wink

Winkleton
WTF! Spray painted your endcap???????
MY ****IN GOD!!!!!
I would have called the cops right then and there to file a police report! That's total BS! And I am dead serious, they would be buying me a new bat! Or we would be going to court! No right to willfully destroy your own private property. Teach your STUPID LD a lesson!

hinzy

}}i{{
WTF! Spray painted your endcap???????
MY ****IN GOD!!!!!
I would have called the cops right then and there to file a police report! That's total BS! And I am dead serious, they would be buying me a new bat! Or we would be going to court! No right to willfully destroy your own private property. Teach your STUPID LD a lesson!

Holy overreaction batman!

wink

Winkleton
Holy overreaction batman!

I know I know, but that **** irritates me. These stupid LD's not knowing what the hell they are doing and running at the mouth. They NEED to be taught a lesson! You can't just go around spray painting my bats??? wtf!

CRHJ1M

Addicted to Softballfans
Hrmm and I had considered trying out the leagues in Longview...guess I'll just stay happy in Tyler heh.
Yes stay in Tyler, Even more so since they are allowing Utrip bats now

Yeah, I did see some green paint on some of our bats, he must have just missed my OTC. It got the tape though. That kid that was riding around with him came back around later on and said something to the effect of, "We can send your bat in to ASA and have them test it, but if it fails their test, and they determine it doesn't pass, then the manufacturer can fine you $100,000." First off, sending a USSSA bat in to ASA doesn't seem like the right way to go about it. That's where them creating their own ASA/USSSA hybrid rules comes back to bite them (and me). Second, if they send the bat in to be tested it will be destroyed. He said "If they determine that it wasn't tampered with, they might give you the same bat but new." He couldn't understand why they couldn't just give me the same bat, and I had to explain him that only 1000 were made and they don't make them anymore. Then the old man piped in, "even if they determine that it wasn't altered, they could still fine you and charge you for the testing." After that I determined that they were just pulling information out of their backside. Neither of them knew what they were talking about. Then things got hostile, we had some words, old man stood up off his golf cart and bowed up. I just laughed and walked off.
See this make no sense. I really don't know what the purpose of all them being in the golf cart is but since it seems they really don't have a clue about what is going on and are just trying to look big at the softball fields and talk obscene stuff, one would think he wouldn't have them around. Seems in your case they almost started a bunch of crap. I just told the kid he didnt know what he was talking about.

tmpnick16

Addicted to Softballfans
When he spray painted our bats, it was inconvenient, and vandalizing personal property without permission, but it wasn't permanent. Nothing a little nail polish remover, and old rag, and a little elbow grease wouldn't fix.

BEFORE
photofv.jpg

AFTER
photo1kux.jpg

Regardless of how easy it was for you to get it off... Getting it off a TPS encdap would have been nearly impossible, the Demarini end caps on the cf3, phenix, cl22 etc would have been difficult as well.

injury

Star Player
I played in Tyler in the fall. Seemed like it ran a lot smoother over there. Never had any problems. I like that Longview uses utrip bats, instead of the ASA in Tyler, but a lot of Longview's rules are out of whack.

Tyler is first time I've ever played ASA. Only real bitching I ever hear is minor stuff. Not liking reschedule nights, slow to update scores/standing on the website, people not liking that multiple teams can get bumped up, etc. I think they've loosened up a bit since we're using .52 300 now rules just state men just need an ASA stamp, and women can swing asa or utrip as long as it isn't a senior bat.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have an issue with bat testing, or at least the idea of it. Just the spray painting and other bs sounds like the concoction of someone full of themselves over there. I wonder if that kid talking about $100,000 or whatever was referring to the fees manufactuers would pay to have a bat tested heh. Really what's to stop you from grabbing a green can of paint and some electrical tape...

hinzy

}}i{{
I know I know, but that **** irritates me. These stupid LD's not knowing what the hell they are doing and running at the mouth. They NEED to be taught a lesson! You can't just go around spray painting my bats??? wtf!

What is the difference if someone puts an association sticker on the bat or sprays the knob or endcap with spray paint? The same people complaing about it are prob the same people that spray the whole barrel with 3M, paint marker their number on the taper, Super glue the weight sticker and put nail pollish on the stamps.

It doesn't destroy your bat.... Besides, It's only a softball bat that you toss in the dirt 8-10 times a day anyway.

CVhookem63

Regardless of how easy it was for you to get it off... Getting it off a TPS encdap would have been nearly impossible, the Demarini end caps on the cf3, phenix, cl22 etc would have been difficult as well.

Good point. It would have been a pain to get the paint off of my OTC as well. Maybe they saw that and decided not to paint it, but I think that would be giving them too much credit.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have an issue with bat testing, or at least the idea of it. Just the spray painting and other bs sounds like the concoction of someone full of themselves over there. I wonder if that kid talking about $100,000 or whatever was referring to the fees manufactuers would pay to have a bat tested heh. Really what's to stop you from grabbing a green can of paint and some electrical tape...

I thought about that, but after the big stink that went on in the middle of our game about it, I feel like the LD will be coming around and testing again/looking for the bat, so it's not worth getting suspended over. Not to say that others won't be doing it or it wouldn't be easy to do. His explanation of the "$100,000" is what DeMARINI would charge me if they opened the bat up and found that it had been tampered with. Sounded to me like he was just trying to scare me off so I would stop arguing about it.

Last edited:

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow after reading these horror stories I'm glad I play in Abilene. We got our compression tester also but only time our bats get tested is if we shoot the middle on the pitcher. If its a hit ball above his waist within the pitchers plate they pull the bat immediately after the play and test it the next day. If it passes you get it back if it fails I think they stamp it or keep it .. and if you refuse you face a 3-5 yr suspension

226z

Addicted to Softballfans
Personally I think its all bs.....might as well spray paint cars that go over 80 mph red as well...this whole bat testing stuff and blaming whoever has the bat for one failing is like blaming a 3 yr old who shoots someone with a handgun. Not saying we're all 3 yr olds, just saying that we buy bats under the assumption that it meets the standards it was made to pass. If it doesn't pass, why does the blame not fall upon the manufacturer? Heck, I thought bats were supposed to undergo testing before being broken in as well as after before associations will put they're stamp on them now. From what I remember its been that way since around '08. Maybe I'm thinking of ASA, and others don't do that, but what's next, are we going to be required to buy testing equipment before buying a softball bat from now on? Why don't leagues just require players to sign a waiver stating that if they get hurt from a batted ball, they are aware of the risk of serious injury or death from equipment that other players may be using, put the pitcher behind a net and leave it at that?? Before you know it, the DEA will be given authority over the whole thing, or ATF more likely and change they're name to ATFS. Either way though, I agree....I would have called the cops right then and there and filed a report for destruction of personal property. That's a very expensive bat. If that red paint had not come off your looking at loosing a heck of a lot of resale value because it was damaged, not to mention that if you had to replace the endcap then that's tampering which is even worse......

CVhookem63

@226z I do agree with you there. Say I buy a new bat, trade/sell the RD/whatever, and the new bat I get is a used cartel or stadium 2 that is less than a year old, what's to say that those bats wouldn't fail their compression test as well. All of our Utrip bats barely passed, even the <100 swing mizuno blackout. That thing is nowhere close to broken in. If they test it again next season and it doesn't pass then that guy is out $175 and doesn't have a bat to swing. I know almost any demarini I buy used will be hotter than that mizuno, so it makes me weary of buying any good bat. Puts the players in a bad spot. I feel like there will be a lot of pissed off bat owners between the painting and the extremely low "Utrip" bat testing level.