Failing after 300 cuts?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
It's subjective...but I thought so. When they first came out, I returned a 15 Kirby that I had cracked and they sent me one in return. Total turd in my opinion.

Must be related to the LX0. That thing is a log. I have one and use it for cold weather and slapping base hits when there are no HR. Its a dead bat with a crappy sweetspot.

D-ROCK13

The lx0 is soo bad! I've beat the crap out of mine with every ball out there and its still a log and rattles your hands on mi****s worse than an old single wall alloy

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Ronins can be had for DIRT cheap right now. I'm almost tempted to pick one up to use for early season games. It doesn't have to be a firestick either. It just has to not rattle your hands on every hit like the LX0 does.

Jerrshoe

Like I said...it's subjective. But I was poking around yesterday and saw a few for well under $100. If you ever wanted one, now is the time.

ShortYellowBus

I have a 2017 2piece in 27 oz, nr

Someone on here said they are basically a 2 piece 2015 Salvo?

I tried getting a 2015 ASA Salvo to open up, but unfortunately I wasn’t consistent enough with it to confidently put it in the game bag. Sold it.

I had 3 Ronin 1 piece NR bats at one point from sending in warranty bat claims, but never did try to swing one. 2015 Salvo came to mind.

I’d also like to know how the bat swings.

BigCO9

Good hitters worry when the USSSA state director starts giving them dirty looks because their brand new looking bat just tested 190.

100% could give people a bad rap. Most people aren’t gonna believe something that new just failed without some “modifications.”

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually really like the way it swings but haven’t gotten enough cuts on it to see how it opens up. Trying to get a 28 instead since the 27 is a bit light for me.
Break it in and sell it to me for a nickel. I actually need to get off my ass and send in my guilt before I buy a Ronin and get a wr Ronin like I did with my torq.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Fireflex easily hottest out of the wrapper easton I have ever swung. Weighting little different as I prefer the 12" endloads that are heavy at endcap. Barrel feels amazing. I would not recommend doing bp with one just because it don't need it and I felt like I needed to put it down before I broke it after 10 swings. Compression testing not really issue for most of our tournaments. We hitting 44/400 nsa zn's in 30 degrees this weekend and anything not senior is gtg. All our bats survived 4 games today. I still got a 27oz 100h so not really in need of a new easton probably ever as those bats hit any ball in any weather and just keep going.

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
From the Easton site:
FIRE FLEX LOADED
2018 SLOW-PITCH BAT

Write the first review

Product Q&A
3 Questions | 1 Answer
Read all Q&A

Looking for more explosive performance out of the wrapper this season? The second generation of Flex™ Barrel Technology is here The all-new USSSA 2018 Fire Flex™ has been re-engineered with a new layup to maintain durability, while providing 240-250 compression out of the wrapper, compared to 260-270 with the original Flex. The 13.5” End-Loaded Fire Flex features Easton’s EXACT™ carbon composite barrel and redesigned two-piece ConneXion+ technology for solid feel on every hit. It’s certified for play in USSSA (1.20 BPF), NSA and ISA and has a 1 year warranty.

• 2ND GENERATION FLEXTM BARREL TECHNOLOGY
  • NEW LAYUP PROVIDES 240-250 COMPRESSION OUT OF THE WRAPPER : 190 after 50 swings, either the tester is wrong or that bat has been altered. I have a 2 pc Ronin that I got for $75 and for me it's a nice bat, with 150 swings it is not far behind my Baker flex

If you have compression testing and want a newer Easton I’d go with the 2017 flex bats. I just had a reckoning and baker pass this weekend around 230 with 400-500 cuts on them. Reckoning was gtg 50ish swings. Baker was gtg around 100 all imo... I walked in the testing room and they said no flex’s were passing. Ended up being the 18 models.
That being said that’ll prob be my only compression testing this year so I just ordered a balanced fire flex to try it out!!

BigCO9

If you have compression testing and want a newer Easton I’d go with the 2017 flex bats. I just had a reckoning and baker pass this weekend around 230 with 400-500 cuts on them. Reckoning was gtg 50ish swings. Baker was gtg around 100 all imo... I walked in the testing room and they said no flex’s were passing. Ended up being the 18 models.
That being said that’ll prob be my only compression testing this year so I just ordered a balanced fire flex to try it out!!

I pulled the trigger and bought both ASA & U-Trip Blue Line Helmers.

If they fail. I can fall back on last years Wegmans that I have. They are both still passing and are the U-Trip Wegs is no joke.