Fast pitch bat used in game?

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
"All slowpitch bats are 34" long"

That's coming straight from your post, and is untrue.

MOST "slowpitch" bats are 34". However, one can argue that bats like the Lady Virus, Derby Girls, and Bass Keish were actually shorter/lighter bats marketed towards women playing slowpitch.

ktown808

The Unknowns
So evidence is provided, he is proven wrong and he just disappears? That's not very polite Dan...at 65 you should know better.

bomber16

Addicted to Softballfans
Dan Dan Dan

all xenos are not -10....i personally sold a 2012 xeno 34/26 (-8), and also sold a 2013 xeno 34/25 (-9). and i still have a 2012 xeno 34/26 sitting in my garage.

bomber16

Addicted to Softballfans
wow

I have $10k I'll put on the table that says the TPS Xeno not only comes in a -10 34/24 but also in -8 34/26 and a -9 34/25. And I'll put the same money down that DeMarini has the same breakdown in weights.

Dan - i want some of this action also. in fact i'll put 20k if i lose and you put up only 10k if you lose. i say TPS xeno's are not all -10. but come in 34/26 and 34/25 also and even more variations.

Exparrot

Zowie! Wanna bet on the election too?

Do you have a link to an ad for a 34/26 Xeno? Thanks!

You want pictures?

2012-10-23_21-08-39_274.jpg

Last edited:

dan

Manager
Hey, guys, I didn't doze off or just disappear, I went to the mall to speedwalk my half hour!

Back now, and I surrender, you guys are right, I was somehow on the "-10" page of the Xeno site. So of course all the bats there were -10!

I do equally poorly with fp and sp bats. I seem to do better with the lighter bats when I hit the ball squarely on the sweet spot, but the heavier bats are more forgiving when I miss the sweet spot.

InfiniteSB1

Banned User
Hey, guys, I didn't doze off or just disappear, I went to the mall to speedwalk my half hour!

Back now, and I surrender, you guys are right, I was somehow on the "-10" page of the Xeno site. So of course all the bats there were -10!

I do equally poorly with fp and sp bats. I seem to do better with the lighter bats when I hit the ball squarely on the sweet spot, but the heavier bats are more forgiving when I miss the sweet spot.

I'll take my $10k in monthly installments if that helps!!?? Lol........

dan

Manager
You guys crack me up!

Almost as fun as throwing a knuckler for a swinging third strike!

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
They are ASA legal however league rules trump ASA rules and some parks have dumb rule additions.

For what it's worth I use cf4 in ASA. It's by no means supposed to be the hottest ASA bat, but for some reason mine launches. Could be the weighting or the ball we use but either way I hit more consistently with that bat than my og may98

The CF4 fits me perfect as well. I can let others swing it and they hate it but I can't find anything better for me.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I was watching a friend play Saturday night and the game on the other field got heated with some players getting upset. From what I heard was one of the teams was using a fastpitch bat and they were allow to use it due to it had a ASA stamp on it.

They were sending off some good shots and 4 HR with this stick.
At the end of the game the blue said he will take off 5 runs from the other team that won by 13, I don’t know what the rules are but this does not sound right or fair.

I have a feeling this is the Santa Fe Springs league. The LD is under the illusion that fast pitch bats should be illegal since they are all altered. He does not play ball and is not in touch with the reality that most composites in his league are altered and banning fast pitch bats has is no help stopping this. I suggested that they switch to metal for men in Co Ed but they have experimented with providing bats (not a good alternative for me). The umpires also dont know ASA or local league rule, often make bad calls and decisions. For the money, I would prefer to play in Whittier, fields and umpires are much, much betters and yes many bats are shaved but such is life.......

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I have a feeling this is the Santa Fe Springs league. The LD is under the illusion that fast pitch bats should be illegal since they are all altered. He does not play ball and is not in touch with the reality that most composites in his league are altered and banning fast pitch bats has is no help stopping this. I suggested that they switch to metal for men in Co Ed but they have experimented with providing bats (not a good alternative for me). The umpires also dont know ASA or local league rule, often make bad calls and decisions. For the money, I would prefer to play in Whittier, fields and umpires are much, much betters and yes many bats are shaved but such is life.......

smarkley speaks Troof here.

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Oh and can I ***** and whine about the one foul to give rule. Who the **** came up with that?

Yeah, this was to curb all the guys who hit backside and foul off 30 pitches til they finally hit one fair down the line. I like in fall ball here, they get rid of the one to waste rule so if you hit foul with 2 strikes your out.