Fastpitch Glove Question

Bmann

Extra Hitter
I have a 12 year old DD that plays competitive ball. She starts her middle school team in the fall. She mainly plays third base (that's the position that coaches always put her at). She likes to play outfield though (probably due to the fact that she grew up playing the game 500 in the front field with brother and cousins).

My question is: I am looking to buy her a quality glove that will last her through middle school and maybe into high school. I think she will most often be put at 3rd base. Should I get her a third baseman's glove ( what size do girls use?) or should I try to get a utility sized glove? Or a third baseman's glove and a separate outfielders? I have noticed that with her at third base, the fastpitch plays are bang bang fast. Hate to inhibite her with to big a glove.

Any thought or suggestions on sizes, gloves, ect? Hate to spend a couple hundred on something she does not need.

Thanks for any and all help!

LittleMonster

Banned User
how much do you want to spend?
personally i think that there is no better fp glove than the a2k fp series.
but the vinci fp gloves look solid, too.

ncrdablross

No HR Club
how much do you want to spend?
personally i think that there is no better fp glove than the a2k fp series.
but the vinci fp gloves look solid, too.

This is what i would recommend. i have ordered a few for girls and they love them. I actually use one of the FP models in SP. love it!

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I'm curious to hear more about this as I'm excited to research fp stuff for when my little newborn Evelyn is ready. I know from researching gloves for my wife (wears youth med-large batting gloves) to stick with something lighter and easier to close with a smaller hand stall. I'm looking at the RCV1250-22 based on suggestions I've got from experienced Vinci guys. Hit up casedawg51 as these are his area of expertise.

ncrdablross

No HR Club
I'm curious to hear more about this as I'm excited to research fp stuff for when my little newborn Evelyn is ready. I know from researching gloves for my wife (wears youth med-large batting gloves) to stick with something lighter and easier to close with a smaller hand stall. I'm looking at the RCV1250-22 based on suggestions I've got from experienced Vinci guys. Hit up casedawg51 as these are his area of expertise.

this is who i have went through for all my vinci needs even though Pete is right around the corner from me.

Bmann

Extra Hitter
I am looking at spending up to 200$, and am hearing a lot of good about the Vinci's. Sounds like I will need to talk to Casedog. Thanks