Feedback on the Freak Black?

Tabe10

The Caucasion Sensation
Was looking pretty hard at the NSA model. I have the 4 the fallen and the DC41 and was wondering how the Black compared. And any info on durability would be helpful also. Thanks.

cobraklr96

Swings the best- STADIUMS
from what I've seen and heard.... The black feels like the white dc in terms of EL. Also more than a few sponsored players are using the Freak over the DC. DC has a pretty big EL.

milfhunter00

The Veteran
I just hit my ASA version in the cage on Friday. I found it to be a bit stiff (which I have heard others say) at the start. I probably took about 60-70 cuts with it and it started opening up a little bit. Great exit speed, hit some serious lasers, and it felt like the sweet spot will be forgiving, especially in on the hands. Probably another round or two and it'll be gtg. Actually real excited to see what this thing does at full potential.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
According to Miken themselves the Miken Freak Black is the Triad Xtreme with a new paint job.. Which means it is a great bat!

midnite6

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA Black is NOT the Triad Extreme. Definitley softer shell, no ping sound, a touch more endload and hotter out of the wrapper. I was hopeing it was weighted like the Triad but not bad. Taking second BP with it in cages next week.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA Black is NOT the Triad Extreme. Definitley softer shell, no ping sound, a touch more endload and hotter out of the wrapper. I was hopeing it was weighted like the Triad but not bad. Taking second BP with it in cages next week.

Well he asked about the NSA version... and OUT OF MIKEN's Mouth it is the new model Triad Xtreme. This from one of the top guys in mikens manufacturing department!!

lx_2nv

Coach
Interesting. I was only basing that off the utrip model i swung a couple weeks ago. you would think the asa would be hotter out of the wrapper.

milfhunter00

The Veteran
The ASA is hot out of the wrapper in the sweet spot, but a little tight toward the ends. Ones I connected perfectly with were absolute bullets. What I should have said is that it will take a little BP to open up the entire length of the barrel. It takes a bit to get 14 1/2" game ready. Story of my life.

DStandridge

OHIPAL
I have a U-Trip that I'll swing tomorrow in some cages. Seems similar to the Black Dc-41, other then the end load of course.

DStandridge

OHIPAL
Placed about 40 cuts on mine w/ Evil BP balls. Seems about 80% game ready already. Balls seems to come off of it quickly, but still has a faint "ping" to it tho. Sweet spot seems right in the middle of the barrel, working towards the end cap slightly.

Overall impressed with it, with the little amount of swings on it.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
I'm really hoping it swings like the two piece psycho! Thats been the hottest bat I've swung thus far out of all manufacturers

Daddyfatsacs

Cannon for a right arm
so anyone swung the black and last years triad 3 extreme to compare? or are they really same bat? talking utrip version

JBT2020

The Veteran
Got to swing a 27 freak black and a 27 DC this weekend in the cages. Both have great feel, can definitely notice the end load difference, personally I liked the DC better, but I also prefer the 1 oz endloads. Both hot sticks though. Got a 27 psycho in the mail Saturday, so hoping to swing it Wednesday.

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
so anyone swung the black and last years triad 3 extreme to compare? or are they really same bat? talking utrip version

I have both and IMO they are not the same bat. The Triad is much stiffer and took much longer to break in. The only thing that feels similar between the the 2 bats is the 1/2oz end load.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
dc41 = legit series = freak black = 2 piece psycho = all stupid hot...the sooner everyone knows this the better