Finders Keepers?

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Playing league ball last week. I was on deck and all of the sudden I hear a bunch of commotion. I turn around and two teammates on the field next to us are cussing each other. They are in the middle of a game and finally one guy picks up his stuff and walks off and two of his friends/teammates follow him. They just quit the team right then and there.

Come to find out the guy who left had forgot his bat at the fields the week before. The teammate he was arguing with picked up his bat and took it home. That night was the first night they played since the guy forgot his bat. His teammate pulls it out of his bag and puts it against the fence. The guy who was the OG owner sees it and goes to take it. His teammate tells him to keep his **** beaters off and its his bat! :eek: The guy who found it tells the OG owner that it's his bat since he brought it to the park and unless his teammate can prove he left it at the field he is keeping it. LMAO, what a douchebag.

The OG owner who quit and walked out to the parking lot ends up coming back and him and the other guy go toe to toe again but it never got physical. I couldn't believe how big of a douche the guy's teammate was being. The team broke up then and there over an Easton Salvo. :rolleyes:

timyoung

Panda Smash!
I wouldn't want to play with anyone trying to steal a forgotten bat left by a teammate... Super douche thing to do...

sounds like a close nit team, wonder how many of them slept with their teammates girlfriends, wives, sisters... and applied this finders keepers rule...you left your girl behind, prove she was yours before i give her back...

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Umm....i'm not sure what to say about this. How old is said teammate who had the "you can't prove it's your bat" comment? I would've pulled this when I was in 2nd grade. But be an adult... and punch him in the face!!! :D

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I thought it was crazy, I don't have any teammates that would ever try to pull something like that. The funny thing was the guy who found it wasn't backing down. I am not sure what his reasoning was but he is obviously a giant douchebag. These guys were both in their mid to late 20's but obviously they weren't acting like it.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Ha..................I actually had this happen to me, only I was the one who found the bat. It was leaning against the fence and no one was around. The week I take it back and just lean it against the fence, not intending to use it but just so it could be seen. This guy comes over and says, "Thank God.......You have my bat." I said, "This is yours?" He said, "Yep.....It's got a Road Runner sticker above the grip". It had it and I gave it back. I just said, "You left it here last week and grabbed it so it wouldn't disappear." He told me thanks....and walked off. I didn't know who it belonged to, but only knew it was not mine.

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
Jer-ry, Jer-ry, Jer-ry, Jer-ry!!!!

Every single guy on my team probably would have picked the bat up and called me to let me know I forgot it. Dude is a giant douche canoe.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I take it the guy that found the bat is bigger and wearing a Tapout shirt then the OG owner.

He was definitely taller but he didn't appear to be any thicker than OG owner. I don't know how they didn't come to blows. They were nose to nose shouting at the top of their lungs. When the OG owner came back after leaving the park the first time I figured he was going to go ape **** on the guy, and he did but he never raised his fists.

Ha..................I actually had this happen to me, only I was the one who found the bat. It was leaning against the fence and no one was around. The week I take it back and just lean it against the fence, not intending to use it but just so it could be seen. This guy comes over and says, "Thank God.......You have my bat." I said, "This is yours?" He said, "Yep.....It's got a Road Runner sticker above the grip". It had it and I gave it back. I just said, "You left it here last week and grabbed it so it wouldn't disappear." He tole me thanks....and walked off. I didn't know who it belonged to, but only knew it was not mine.

Ask sucka about it, he was right there laughing his ass off with us. :D

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
I wouldn't play with anyone who would do that. DB move for sure. I would have busted his ass right there

drewinmonte

addicted to sbf
Ha..................I actually had this happen to me, only I was the one who found the bat. It was leaning against the fence and no one was around. The week I take it back and just lean it against the fence, not intending to use it but just so it could be seen. This guy comes over and says, "Thank God.......You have my bat." I said, "This is yours?" He said, "Yep.....It's got a Road Runner sticker above the grip". It had it and I gave it back. I just said, "You left it here last week and grabbed it so it wouldn't disappear." He told me thanks....and walked off. I didn't know who it belonged to, but only knew it was not mine.

^^^^ this is how it should be. I had a situation where i forgot my glove in the dugout. The following i asked the team that played after us the week before if they had picked it up. I told him that it was my vinci first base mitt, one young guy said no. They had an older guy and he said that they did have it and gave it back. I bought them a couple pitchers of beer and called it a day