First attempt at a Gopro pitching helmet

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
This was my first attempt at a video from a gopro pitching helmet. It's only one inning and no middle shots but let me know what you think. It's my buddy pitching by the way.

I put it on the side with some make in view to help stabilize the video for the viewer.

What you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
I think I need to try it during a day game. Might be able to see a little better

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
He does pitch from as far behind the back rubber the ump will let him get away with. Usually 6-10 ft back

natedd

Addicted to Softballfans
Cool that you can do that and not get blown the **** up like you would in my area.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It messes with my perception. I know he's far back, but it looks crazy far with his head there in the foreground. It's also a little weird being off to the side.

I want to try this too now, but our league uses screens. :D

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
ill have to watch this during lunch. Ive watched hours of footage from my middle shot videos, and it gets bland. Thats why I always edit it down to the "good" stuff.

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
I put it on the side because I felt it was even harder the watch with nothing in the view to stabilize the image. Watching all the motorcycle videos I think are earlier on the eyes with portion of the helmet in the picture.

timyoung

Panda Smash!
I think I need to try it during a day game. Might be able to see a little better

great job. I think that even with the night game the video came out pretty good. Some of the depth/lighting problems might be solved if you turn on the Spot Meter setting for night games. Could be worth a shot.

blakcherry329

I felt like I was playing DOOM. LOL. Very nice.

A lot more stable than my camcorder glasses. I will post a video of bp at E Worlds in a bit, for comparison.

blakcherry329

Epileptics do not watch the first video. lol

first video is bp before our game at the Stadium in Disney. We won in 11 innings, 10-9.
Second video is me watching a little bp before our first game. We won 19-7. Just wanted to give you a comparison of views.

I think the glasses might be better suited for a catcher or position player. Or maybe it's just me moving my friggin head too much.:wtf2::eek:

Last edited by a moderator: