fitted hat question

Lokahi

HAWAIIAN SUPERMAN
what is the best way to stretch these out without altering them? Hat seems to have shrunk a little after washing it.

Last edited:

kweiss

Addicted to Softballfans
If you pull them heard enough the inner elastic will pop and give you a little bit of extra room. Like this:

Seriously. I've never been able to get a full size out of it like the guy in the video though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Teamate got me wrong size so I put on the bottom of one of those large protein powder tubs to stretch it out. Get creative son.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Take it straight out of the washing machine and wear it. Constantly stretching it. If you just let it dry on it's own or in the dryer, it'll shrink.

Lokahi

HAWAIIAN SUPERMAN
Teamate got me wrong size so I put on the bottom of one of those large protein powder tubs to stretch it out. Get creative son.

Guy at work told me to put it on some chicks big ole implants. I thought it was pretty funny but I'm thinking he was pretty serious lol. That's creative for sure

Strawberry

Shin Killer
I cut the band out from the left side where the bill ends around the back to where the bill starts on the right side. Just the inside band leaving the forehead band for sweat. Then two fists in the hat and rotate hands opposite and stretch it out. Works like jewel fresh off the store rack

jimmermc

Pitcher
Have 2 that have shrunk over the years and were very tight to the point of leaving red lines on my forehead. Just tried the video trick. Worked amazing. Thanks for the wonderful advice. I love this site.

Lokahi

HAWAIIAN SUPERMAN
Have 2 that have shrunk over the years and were very tight to the point of leaving red lines on my forehead. Just tried the video trick. Worked amazing. Thanks for the wonderful advice. I love this site.

Yes, that worked for mine also. Mahalo as well

The Mad Hatter

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry - don't know why it truncated the website. Just go to ebay and type in "hat stretcher" - you'll see what I mean. There's a Fat Charley's Hat Stretcher that would do the trick along with loads of other options...

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Keep my head shaved. Just got a big arse polynesian dome lol

your best bet is to do what the first poster said. Hot shower while wearing it before game, wear it at the game. When you take it off make sure you put it on something bigger or = to the size of your head.

chiefn10

Addicted to Softballfans
I found a guy on ebay that makes a hat stretcher. Pretty ingenius - two pieces of curved wood and a long bolt that you can adjust. Place in the hat and adjust the bolt until the hat is stretched. Keep in place for a day or two. Works well and pretty inexpensive.

http://www.*********/itm/Fat-Charle...?pt=US_Hats&hash=item4cfaf68350#ht_642wt_1059

go to a western wear store that sells cowboy hats. they always have hat stretchers in stock because it also helps to keep the cowboy hat's shape. cost about $10.