For those who like Nike gloves...McCutchen

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
One twitter feed said it was limited to 22. I just got tracking for one, and they're still available. Apparently he isn't as popular as Kemp or Trout! Or, I have a collecting issue and no normal person would pay that price.

PLEASE post pics when you receive it. Its taking every part of me not to snag one up.

gsus03

Banned User
if nike would release a regular retail sha|do elite j in 12.75" they would sellout in no time...i think a lot of guys feel like 12.5" is just a hair small for OF, at least for softball

gsus03

Banned User
One twitter feed said it was limited to 22. I just got tracking for one, and they're still available. Apparently he isn't as popular as Kemp or Trout! Or, I have a collecting issue and no normal person would pay that price.

D. ALL OF THE ABOVE

LoL

ghunt25

Will do, Cap. Not sure how you can hold out, being a Pirates fan and all!

gsus - I agree, the Sha Do Elite's are awesome. I was worried about the 12.5, but it's perfect for me. Everyone has their preferences though! Not sure if they would sell out, since their pricing is pretty high. If it were the same as an A2K or PP, I think they could do well. But it's in the GMP range, and that's high for a relative newcomer.

and this...

Slow-pitch softball logic:
winning means you sandbag, losing means you suck

Is hilarious.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball

gsus - I agree, the Sha Do Elite's are awesome. I was worried about the 12.5, but it's perfect for me. Everyone has their preferences though! Not sure if they would sell out, since their pricing is pretty high. If it were the same as an A2K or PP, I think they could do well. But it's in the GMP range, and that's high for a relative newcomer.

and this...

Is hilarious.

Wedding in 10 days, thats how I HAVE to hold out. :eek:

gsus03

Banned User

and this...

Is hilarious.

I am saying, for guys that are not too much into the glove game, and are set on a glove that is at least 12.75", the shado would sell more if it were a hair bigger...the 12.5" trap is fine for me too, but in general I know a ton of guys that will not buy one because it isn't 12.75"...and idk where you get your pricing from, but a new shado can be had for less than what an a2k and a pp retail for

win=sandbag
lose=suckbag

mikgars

Manager
if nike would release a regular retail sha|do elite j in 12.75" they would sellout in no time...i think a lot of guys feel like 12.5" is just a hair small for OF, at least for softball

I thought the 12.5 Shado would play too small also until I saw a pic of eviladams game ready Shado, see his pic below. The Shado looks to me like it will play nearly as long as my size 15 Mizuno, maybe just not as deep. I will find out on fri. I went ahead and picked one up over on the GWF. A part of me really liked the orange Shado he has but I chickened out and got the tan one.

ghunt25

I'm just going by MSRP. $440 for the Elite J. A2K or PP are about $329. A majority of people still pay retail! Those that shop direct at Nike are probably scared off by that price.

ghunt25

We are all in violent agreement that a 12.5 is good, but, we all know a few ballplayers that won't consider anything less than 12.75. Or 13 for that matter. Just means more delicious leather for us.

gsus03

Banned User
the orange shado trap will be in my near future...the leather is sweet and much more stiff out of the box than the black was

gsus03

Banned User
The 12.5 is plenty big for softball outfield.

Are you arguing with me or agreeing with me? The point I was trying to make is, the MAJORITY of guys that play softball, will not buy the 12.5" trap because they think it is too small. I personally think it's fine especially once game ready. I do think Nike would sell a lot more shados to the public if:

A-they made them easier to access for the US market
B-made a 12.75" model

and for you weirdos out there, I will say if they made an h-web shado that would sell a lot more gloves also

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you arguing with me or agreeing with me? The point I was trying to make is, the MAJORITY of guys that play softball, will not buy the 12.5" trap because they think it is too small. I personally think it's fine especially once game ready. I do think Nike would sell a lot more shados to the public if:

B-made a 12.75" model

and for you weirdos out there, I will say if they made an h-web shado that would sell a lot more gloves also

^^^only way I'd consider one^^^^
and at a lower price point of course :cool:

jlaw

Addicted to Softballfans
I switched to a 12.5" ShaDo trap from a GMP7 and feel like it plays just about the same size. No problems at all in the OF.

gsus03

Banned User
Everybody has their own opinion, but I have been gaming a 7v for about 2 years and no way the 12.5" shado I had was anywhere close...sold a gmp7 locally and he is gaming it now, def bigger than the shado also...doesn't matter to me, the 7v is about to retire and along with my OT mod trap I will also be getting an orange shado 12.5" for outfield duties as well

gsus03

Banned User
The Shados seem to be a bit inconsistent with how they measure though. I had a 12.25" mod trap measure 12" and dford said his measured almost 12.5"

MNCFer

Mr. Glass

B-made a 12.75" model

I agree with all of this. I've had at least 15 people either ask to buy my Sha Do H web or ask me where I got the web, who did the swap, etc.

MontyJack

The Veteran
WwLGat2.jpg

ghunt25

Thought of you when I got it last night, but I was trying to hide it from the wife so I didn't take pics. Usually I bring them to work to photograph them, but we have a Quarterly meeting this week. Gotta work. It's kind of weird.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Thought of you when I got it last night, but I was trying to hide it from the wife so I didn't take pics. Usually I bring them to work to photograph them, but we have a Quarterly meeting this week. Gotta work. It's kind of weird.

Haha I can appreciate that. Hate when work interferes with my SBF photoshoot