Freak Primo

dunkky

isn't omega carbon 12ich with close to 1oz endload? how is this compare to Omega II then??

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Hit my 27oz Asa supermax today in the cages. The endload is definitely more than the KP. My brother just got 19 so I was able to compare it. I swung a 27oz Harvey all last season so I am used to 27oz bats. 40 swings in and once you get that bat moving it swings really nice through and the EL does the work for you. The sweet spot to me is plenty big and honestly the barrels of the 13.5” harvey and the 12” primo look same is size the Harvey’ taper is just more subtle so they extended it. FWIW I always felt the miken line had stiffer barrel than the worth;this years miken feels softer like my Harvey did last year out of the wrapper.
Did you try your brothers 19 KP23 ASA? If so do these feel similar or diff? Not sure if they feel diff based on EL amount making the barrel a bit diff. I just ordered a KP based on all the positive feedback on them. Haven't heard one bad review on them yet. Wasn't big on the 12-12.5 Miken/Worth stuff last year so hope I don't regret it, :(

Pretty

Softball is cool
Did you try your brothers 19 KP23 ASA? If so do these feel similar or diff? Not sure if they feel diff based on EL amount making the barrel a bit diff. I just ordered a KP based on all the positive feedback on them. Haven't heard one bad review on them yet. Wasn't big on the 12-12.5 Miken/Worth stuff last year so hope I don't regret it, :(

I did for a couple cuts. It felt nice but I never swung any of the miken/worth 12” options last year. All hear say but they seem better of subjective feedback.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Sorry when I said P12 I meant the Asa supermax 12” primo. I guess it was a bad nickname.

As far do I like more than my Harvey, time will tell. I definitely like the heavier endload. I will know more in 150 swings. Probably in the next week or so.

johnny2722

Addicted to Softballfans
Couldn't wait had to swing mine. Only put about 15 swings on it because of the cold, think I'm gonna like it though.

Attachments

• 20190220_160212.jpg
    20190220_160212.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 51

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
I didnt want to start a new thread. Any difference between the 14" Psycho and the Primo Maxload? Seems to be the same bat on paper

Bagz

Bang!!
I didnt want to start a new thread. Any difference between the 14" Psycho and the Primo Maxload? Seems to be the same bat on paper

Same composite and handle.

USSSA CB Psycho comes in half weights 25.5-27.5

USSSA Freak Primo maxload is whole weights 25-28 and neat paint :)

Thats all.

Bagz

Bang!!
ASA Freak Primo Supermax is soon to be my new gamer.
As soon I get outside this weekend in 60° weather I should know for sure :)
Bp in cages this winter has given me cabin fever really bad! Bring on Spring!!

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA Freak Primo Supermax is soon to be my new gamer.
As soon I get outside this weekend in 60° weather I should know for sure :)
Bp in cages this winter has given me cabin fever really bad! Bring on Spring!!

Does it feel like a true full ounce end load on it like a supermax should? If so I want one!

Bagz

Bang!!
Does it feel like a true full ounce end load on it like a supermax should? If so I want one!
I'd say so yes when holding it in your hands and swings a tad lighter but its there for sure.. Swings really smooth coming through the zone on this short barrel. Swings definitely heavier than asa kp23.

dunkky

why do i have the feeling that primo ASA might be a 12inch ver of dc41 which is a great thing.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd say so yes when holding it in your hands and swings a tad lighter but its there for sure.. Swings really smooth coming through the zone on this short barrel. Swings definitely heavier than asa kp23.

Perfect! Thanks brother.

JN137

A buddy of mine just got the USSSA Maxload Primo - 14" .5oz EL. We swung it this weekend and it felt pretty good for being a straight out of the wrapper 14". I will say though, the bat swung super light to me, almost felt like a balanced bat. It made my new KP23 feel like a sledge hammer. Some people may prefer this some may not, but it was the first thing I noticed

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Does that mean the Psycho is 25.5+.5oz endload or are they just playing on the words and they're is actually no weight difference between a 25.5 Psycho and 25oz Primo Maxload?

Cali_dc4

I started hoarding the ASA Primos. I've never owned a miken but these 14" inch barrel Primos are really nice. I put 50 soft toss bp hacks and I knew it was going to be a good stick.
I just picked up a few utrip Primos so Im curious to see how they feel.

Protectyaneck

I started hoarding the ASA Primos. I've never owned a miken but these 14" inch barrel Primos are really nice. I put 50 soft toss bp hacks and I knew it was going to be a good stick.

Assuming its the same bat as the Platinum and the 20th, once its broken in you'll feel like you'll never miss. To me, the sweet spot felt enormous.

Cali_dc4

It reminded me of the DC-41 that came out the same year the platinum did. Neon green handle. But you're correct, it has a huge sweet spot and cuts the ball great!