Freak Primo

Mr. Purple

I got mine, I out 40 hits on it the other day and about to go put 50 more or so later today. So far I am excited about it. yay for Asa supermax.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Worth had the last utrip 12" with 1oz EL in 2016 (Fulk Legit Elite). Apparently Worth/Miken had issues with that combo failing compression early so they stopped making them.
There's an exclusive claiming to have these specs now. I shouldn't say now, I've never looked into this bat so maybe they've always been this, but either the retailer or the manu is lying. It's not been a particularly popular exclusive either so maybe they're right about it being a small market. Maybe the place selling them is terrible at marketing.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
There's an exclusive claiming to have these specs now.

I saw that the other day too. Made me wonder what the specs were on the original, I don't usually pay any attention to exclusives.
Also, how in the actual **** can you have an "OG reissue"?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I must be blind but only saw the purple haze with 1oz endload, but that’s Ussa

That's what we're talking about. ASA has had a bunch of Worth/Mikens with 12" barrel and 1oz endload. If the specs on the Purple Haze are true to the advertising, it's the first USSSA Worth/Miken with that combo since the 2016 Fulk Legit.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Gotcha, missed the utrip part obliviously because I’m blind, thanks
The 2018 white one they released was a maxload not a sure if that meant 1oz or .50oz because it’s worth, I get so confused with miken worth and that place, they seem to combine both companies together, miken lingo on worth etc

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Here is bp hero on the original black one he says felt similar but maybe different loading to the legit

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gotcha, missed the utrip part obliviously because I’m blind, thanks
The 2018 white one they released was a maxload not a sure if that meant 1oz or .50oz because it’s worth, I get so confused with miken worth and that place, they seem to combine both companies together, miken lingo on worth etc
Yeah maxload is the lesser endload. Super Max is the ounce. Reps have been claiming they can't make a 12" barrel with the ounce endload because they either fail compression immediately or never can pass depending on which rep you ask. I called bs.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw that the other day too. Made me wonder what the specs were on the original, I don't usually pay any attention to exclusives.
Also, how in the actual **** can you have an "OG reissue"?
All I know for sure is if I buy any reissue is going to be the synergy.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
That's what we're talking about. ASA has had a bunch of Worth/Mikens with 12" barrel and 1oz endload. If the specs on the Purple Haze are true to the advertising, it's the first USSSA Worth/Miken with that combo since the 2016 Fulk Legit.

Which 12 inch barrel 1 oz endload Asa are we talking about? Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up but I just remember 14 inch barrel with 1 oz load

Mr. Purple

Going to need some more details here if possible on that ASA primo supermax..tia
Put another 50 hits, so like 90 hits and it launches balls. My new favorite asa bat. getting louder sound still with more hits. Hit the evil bp 52s and a couple 47/375s. killed the 47s, hit 52s excellent as well.
This is my first asa miken, usually just swing demarini for asa. do you have to stick to mostly 52s with them, or can they handle harder balls too?

chile

Bad Ape
Put another 50 hits, so like 90 hits and it launches balls. My new favorite asa bat. getting louder sound still with more hits. Hit the evil bp 52s and a couple 47/375s. killed the 47s, hit 52s excellent as well.
This is my first asa miken, usually just swing demarini for asa. do you have to stick to mostly 52s with them, or can they handle harder balls too?

the 12" barrel?

Party mafia

i would stick with hitting the 52 if you want to prolong the life of your miken bat.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Someone else said that ASA has had a bunch of these but to my knowledge this is the only one so I was asking for clarification

I thought last year's Border Battle Freak was a 12" barrel but I was wrong. I don't keep up with ASA bats anymore, Canadian associations have all adopted USSSA bat standards.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Hit my 27oz Asa supermax today in the cages. The endload is definitely more than the KP. My brother just got 19 so I was able to compare it. I swung a 27oz Harvey all last season so I am used to 27oz bats. 40 swings in and once you get that bat moving it swings really nice through and the EL does the work for you. The sweet spot to me is plenty big and honestly the barrels of the 13.5” harvey and the 12” primo look same is size the Harvey’ taper is just more subtle so they extended it. FWIW I always felt the miken line had stiffer barrel than the worth;this years miken feels softer like my Harvey did last year out of the wrapper.