Price Check Freak98 warranty return?

Tynimiller

Recovering SBF addict
How much of a difference in price is a warranty stamped Freak98 compared to one that isn't a warranty stamp...need to know to resolve a deal, and going with general consensus from board bros.

Tynimiller

Recovering SBF addict
Just a hint of the Miken rattle starting, very clean

picture.php

picture.php

It's the bottom one in both pics.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Would be more but since its a f98, probably can't return it anyway. If the bat is in good shape I agree with the $40.

B Ferris

Mr. Clean
Bat is in nice shape ..If it was me the price would have to be $160ish... This is why I think so if it is for sale..They can be had returnable no rattle in the $200 range..this one is none returnable with a slite rattle..

B Ferris

Mr. Clean
Exactly, rattles in Mikens = GTG it's just breaking in. Rattles in OG Eastons = NGTG it's about to blow up....

Rattle in Mikens do mean they are opening up..OG Freaks can go a long time with a rattle before blowing up...F98 don't last as long when they start..broke 3 this last year and many over the last few years...Again it does go back to what type of hitter will be buying the bat and if he brakes or doesn't brake bats ofton....

Last edited:

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Rattle in Mikens do mean they are opening up..OG Freaks can go a long time with a rattle before blowing up...F98 don't last as long when they start..broke 3 this year and many over the last few years...Again it does go back to what type of hitter we are talking about as well...

Are you saying the value of the bat is determined by who owns it or how long the bat will last?

B Ferris

Mr. Clean
Rattle in Mikens do mean they are opening up..OG Freaks can go a long time with a rattle before blowing up...F98 don't last as long when they start..broke 3 this year and many over the last few years...Again it does go back to what type of hitter we are talking about as well..
The value of a bat has nothing to do with who owns it. That is absurd...

Let me try this again because I didn't say anywhere that the price has to do with the owner but what the buyer is willing to pay...I brake alot of bat over a years time so a rattle means something to me.. I will not pay more for a bat with a rattle than without...Other guys that don't go threw many bats or none at all it may not bother them as much ..For a guy that plays alot with some power I will not spend as much on such a bat, but again that is my op..He asked for a price I gave it..

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Rattle in Mikens do mean they are opening up..OG Freaks can go a long time with a rattle before blowing up...F98 don't last as long when they start..broke 3 this year and many over the last few years...Again it does go back to what type of hitter we are talking about as well..

Let me try this again because I didn't say anywhere that the price has to do with the owner but what the buyer is willing to pay...I brake alot of bat over a years time so a rattle means something to me.. I will not pay more for a bat with a rattle than without...Other guys that don't go threw many bats or none at all it may not bother them as much ..For a guy that plays alot with some power I will not spend as much on such a bat, but again that is my op..He asked for a price I gave it..

As you can see I reread what you wrote and changed my post accordingly asking you which you meant.
One day you will have to put up some BP videos, it seems everytime I turn around I am reading about how you broke this bat or that bat. I play ball 4 nights/days a week and almost all of my bats are used by team and I rarely break more than 1 a season. We have a couple guys that flat out smoke the ball and still only almost never break more than 1 a year...

B Ferris

Mr. Clean
As you can see I reread what you wrote and changed my post accordingly asking you which you meant.
One day you will have to put up some BP videos, it seems everytime I turn around I am reading about how you broke this bat or that bat. I play ball 4 nights/days a week and almost all of my bats are used by team and I rarely break more than 1 a season. We have a couple guys that flat out smoke the ball and still only almost never break more than 1 a year...

I could and still might do one this spring..This thread was asking a question on price for a bat and that is what I would pay if I was buying it..There are guys on the board that can back me up about the bats and how I hit...a few are Dodge1,gg22 , Bush Leaguer,ehall,Lg#8 and LOUSLIDER1 to name a few...

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci

B Ferris

Mr. Clean
I understand there are alot of smoke blowers out there..On another note gg22 and dodge1 goe threw about the same as I do..They are mashers as well