Fresh Hat!?

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I was just wondering if anybody got any tips on how to keep your hats smelling fresh!?
I washed mine with some oxy clean and it started to smell up right away... Any tips???

Enuflogic

remixed version
Buy a new hat. This is why when I find one I like I usually buy 2 of them so when one starts to stank I got a new one in reserve.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Buy a new hat. This is why when I find one I like I usually buy 2 of them so when one starts to stank I got a new one in reserve.

Damn, never thought about that??:wtf2:
I bought two when we ordered our unis... And got another coming, but was just wondering if anybody had any tips!:rolleyes:

DoctaJ

The Veteran
Step one: Febreeze the **** out of it
Step two: Buy several of your favorite car air fresheners and put all of them in the hat
Step three: Put the hat with the air fresheners in a zippered bag and let it sit like that for as long as possible

Or don't sweat so damn much ;)

I was just wondering if anybody got any tips on how to keep your hats smelling fresh!?
I washed mine with some oxy clean and it started to smell up right away... Any tips???

Foo go to lids and buy that oder and stain repailent then spray the **** out of it inside and out

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
Wash it in the dishwasher next time seems to get the odors out better. Try not to let it dry in there pull it out and set it on something to air dry

sleepin4matty

Management Material
If you rub your ass crack with the inside of the hat the musty smell goes away. Although now you probably have a new set of problems. question I have is how do you keep the brim stiff after washing them. mine get flemsy.

Get one of those hat protectors and throw it in the washer, wash on the lowest setting with a little detergent and a little oxy clean.
step 2 is using that odor repellant from Lids mentioned above. It works really well.

Hambo

Starting Player
If you're hat has a brim with plastic the dishwasher works great. If not, febreze it or maybe try one of those dry cleaning bags you can buy?

Iknight1

Addicted to Softballfans

I put mine in the dishwasher and put that **** on as hot as it goes!

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeh, i just dishwash mine like every 2 weeks. maybe dangle some of them odor air freshners that look like pine trees. get the color that matches your uni. stay fresh to deff

or instead of buying 2 hats. maybe buy 3, or 4. or maybe even 5. shoot, why not 6 or even 7 :confused:

sacto73

Addicted to Softballfans
mix some arm & hammer with water. Make a paste and rub on the inside and outside of the flap all thoughout the hat. Let it sit for 10 minutes then rub some more on and use an old toothbrush or small brush to scrub it good Let it sit for 30 minutes. It will look like it is ruined by the chalked up paste, rinse it off good after that throw in the washer or dishwasher using the plastic hat holder and it is good as new!

sleepin4matty

Management Material
put some dryer sheets in your hat when you're not wearing your hat. That should help absorb the smell and make your hat smell so fresh and so clean

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
put some dryer sheets in your hat when you're not wearing your hat. That should help absorb the smell and make your hat smell so fresh and so clean

If you play with it in there it'll keep the gnats away if you live somewhere where that's a problem.

Jangle.Leg

Lighter the better!
mix some arm & hammer with water. Make a paste and rub on the inside and outside of the flap all thoughout the hat. Let it sit for 10 minutes then rub some more on and use an old toothbrush or small brush to scrub it good Let it sit for 30 minutes. It will look like it is ruined by the chalked up paste, rinse it off good after that throw in the washer or dishwasher using the plastic hat holder and it is good as new!

Arms and hammer does wonders for removing smell from anything!