Friendly Homerun Derby

jstrong

They love to hate me
I was watching this as well as storage wars so i may of missed it but did any go out?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
As with any time I post a video, I am always open to some constructive criticism.

I noticed that you have a lot of unnecessary hand movement and you never get them back far enough to get a lot of acceleration to the ball......You're leaving a lot of power and batspeed at the plate, because you don't get them back and above your back shoulder. The bat and hands end up right over your right trap, between the neck and shoulder and it's not allowing your to get all the batspeed that's available to you.

Last edited:

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
I noticed that you have a lot of unnecessary hand movement and you never get them back far enough to get a lot of acceleration to the ball......You're leaving a lot of power and batspeed at the plate, because you don't get them back and above our back shoulder. The bat and hands end up right over your right trap, between the neck and shoulder and it's not allowing your to get all the batspeed that's available to you.

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes when I try to hit homeruns in bp I wiggle my bat unnecessarily (not sure why.) In game swings i keep my hands somewhat low and bring them up and back during the pitch. I know it mightnnot look like it in this video, but I try to mimic robo. When i get a warm day I will post another video of me keeping it down.

alteredzx

Bazinga
I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes when I try to hit homeruns in bp I wiggle my bat unnecessarily (not sure why.) In game swings i keep my hands somewhat low and bring them up and back during the pitch. I know it mightnnot look like it in this video, but I try to mimic robo. When i get a warm day I will post another video of me keeping it down.

I dont see Robo anywhere in your swing. :confused:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I dont see Robo anywhere in your swing. :confused:

The biggest problem with trying to mimic major players is that we are not them....They have superior talent and 2,000 swings a week to get what they do down pat......We get maybe a 100 and we have to scrape for that.

alteredzx

Bazinga
The biggest problem with trying to mimic major players is that we are not them....They have superior talent and 2,000 swings a week to get what they do down pat......We get maybe a 100 and we have to scrape for that.

I agree. I take bp with Jeremy Isenhower since he just lives down the street and he has a batting cage inside his house! He hits a lot!

you just gotta do you and make it work.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Just messing with you but,

1. Looks more then 6 feet off the home plate.
2. Can really call it a homerun derby due to you guys was not swinging from the plate.
3. If I was there with a Cali HOT bat my 1st swing would of hit the car and my 2nd one would of been in them trees. :rolleyes:

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess you won the derby then? Since you were the only one participating

No I actully hit 15 and another guy hit 16

Just messing with you but,

1. Looks more then 6 feet off the home plate.
2. Can really call it a homerun derby due to you guys was not swinging from the plate.
3. If I was there with a Cali HOT bat my 1st swing would of hit the car and my 2nd one would of been in them trees. :rolleyes:

1. It was 6 feet off the plate. I know this because I was there.
2. Call it what you want. makes no difference to me.
3. Car at roughly 400 feet possible. Trees at 500 feet I doubt it.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
guys.....did you not hear the radio at 2:40??? the police have shot and killed somebody?!?!?! and you guys are just swinging away happily? the game is too easy....life isnt... have some respect.