FU DAWG aka FU NASTY!

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
My ASA FU is absolutely disgusting right now. No webbing barely has 400 hits and is absolutely insane right. Hands down one of the best performing bats in all conditions that I have swung. Gets overshadowed by the mercy j3 and aftermath but this bat is straight GAS once it's broken in. That is all lol

combatfool

Addicted to Softballfans
bat....

I was so close to buying a FU last week but went with the Mercy instead. Don't make me buy another bat, I'll do it.

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I was so close to buying a FU last week but went with the Mercy instead. Don't make me buy another bat, I'll do it.

Lol you gotta do it bro takes about 250-300cuts to open up depending on the person and what balls you are hitting but one it does. It's lights out

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
I just picked up a 28oz Fu from a buddy for $120 with a receipt. He hated the way it swung and I needed a good bat for winter took that thing to bp and I love it!!! I can tell it needs some hits to break in had maybe 100 swings before I got it and it feels really stiff but still had some solid line drives with it. Can't wait to get like 300 cuts off of it

scott.MI

The Veteran
I like what I'm hearing then. The FU is going to be my first composite bat purchase. I never really thought or looked much into bats so just swung what i had for a long time. It's gong to be a LONG winter waiting to buy one and get to use it.

Anyone with insight if there's a difference between 27 or 28 oz? As is performance, durability, time to break it in. Only thing I have noted so far is 27oz is more balanced and 28oz is a slight/mild end load, at least that's what I read on here somewhere.

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I like what I'm hearing then. The FU is going to be my first composite bat purchase. I never really thought or looked much into bats so just swung what i had for a long time. It's gong to be a LONG winter waiting to buy one and get to use it.

Anyone with insight if there's a difference between 27 or 28 oz? As is performance, durability, time to break it in. Only thing I have noted so far is 27oz is more balanced and 28oz is a slight/mild end load, at least that's what I read on here somewhere.

I can swing all different weights of bats. But I've started to settle into the 27 oz range. I haven't hit with a 28 oz fu but I have dry swung one. IMO it has a more noticeable end load than my 27. My 27 just feels perfect to me they say they have a mid load but feels closes towards a normal endload to me. But you can feel the end load but it's not overbearing or too much. Just feels perfect. As far as durability goes I was hitting 44/375 last night in 38-42 degree weather and bat still looks brand new after about 400 cuts.

emgee23

The Veteran
I just picked up a 27 NIW for $150. I have an AM and J3A but I play with 44/375s so I got the Fu for its durability and the rave reviews on here.
Excited to see it broken in!

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ don't get discouraged when you first start swinging it. I can't lie when I started swinging it through about 250 cuts I thought it was a straight DUD lol then I was about to give up on it and went to the cage and hit hard dimple balls for about 75 cuts and since then it starting spitting FIYAH

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Been saying this for awhile now, the Fu is underrated and people do not give it a chance to really open up. We're in this society where people want instant gratification and as a result they lack the patience to see the real results. Then they go on a board and complain that "X" stick only lasted "X" amount of cuts. I wonder what would happen if they reissued the OG Eastons? People would be throwing those sticks away! Bottom line, the Fu is on par with what DeMar put out this year ASA wise. They killed it and the Fu, given it fits your swing, will impress you.

Joe Daddy

Smash and Grab
Mine has about 800 hits on it and is just plain stupid. I actually prefer my Fu-Dawg with the 52/300's. Have hit some of the hardest and farthest shots with that combination. BP to get it broken in was with 44/375's and 52/300's.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My ASA FU is absolutely disgusting right now. No webbing barely has 400 hits and is absolutely insane right. Hands down one of the best performing bats in all conditions that I have swung. Gets overshadowed by the mercy j3 and aftermath but this bat is straight GAS once it's broken in. That is all lol

doesnt "hands down" kinda mean the opposite of "one of the best".

015reddog

Certified Slacker
hands down
easily; unquestionably. ie - She won the contest hands down. They declared her the winner hands down.

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
I hope the distance picks up once it's broken in. Mercy and j3 were fire from the get go the Fu is definitely not at that level yet. Either way it feels good and I'm gonna keep using it for leagues and use the j3 for tourneys only.